Cheat days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheat days?

I know when dieting, its always a good idea after a few days of lower carb intake, to boost your carb intake and fill yourself back out a little bit. It also helps kick your motabolism back into gear. My questions are...

How often should this be done?
    How extreme should this be done (carb/fat intake amount range)?
    Do you think that since its a cheat day, you CHEAT and eat whatever the hell you want, or you should up your calories with healthy food, and only have a real CHEAT meal once in a while?

I am far from an "Expert" on this subject but I have competed a few times and this is what works for me.

Depening on how many weeks I'm out I usually go 3-4 days of lower carbs(50-75 grams that may be low to some but it works for me) then I at least double that amount for one day and then return to the 3-4 low carb days. I know some guys that go out and hit Burget King and damn near gourge themselves but I'm not lucky enough to be able to do that. After the "high" carb day I'm my muscle are noticiably fuller and I'm still pretty tight. Now if I get a little carried away with the sodium then I don't benefit as much from it visually.

Now when I cheat I try like hell to eat clean carbs with relatively low glycemic indexes so my blood sugar levels stay in check. Everybody is different so this may not work for you.

Just be accurate in how you record what you eat on those cheat days so you can better understand your body and what works for you.
    What did the 5 fingers say to the face?

Slap b*tch!!

Comment

Ok here is a great way to bulk...you guys will love this....stay bout 500-750 cals above maintenence for 5 days during the week and on the weekends or just 2 consecutive days a week shoot for 6000-7500 cals. Wonderful way to bulk and stay somewhat lean while doing it. As for cheat meals I will eat 1 cheat meal per week up until about 6-8 weeks out being that I have a hummingbird metabolism I can actually get away w/eating one cheat meal up until 3 weeks out it does my body good! As for macronutrients in this meal hahahah I go for the I SEE DIET, I SEE IT I EAT IT!!! and yes I get 1 or 2 desserts too :d
      Short mod @ www.beyondmass.com

Comment

I have one cheat day a week. I try to keep it clean most of that day also so it really becomes a day with more carbs and one cheat meal.
        Any views or opinions expressed in this forum or in personal correspondences are purely for entertainment purposes and are obviously the product of a deeply troubled mind.

Have a nice day.
        Saturn……

[email protected]

Please visit our Sponsor

Custom Nutrition Warehouse

[email protected]

Comment

I think your answer depends on what your goals are. Are you preparing for a contest or just trying to improve the way you look? If it's for a contest then you might not want to go the Burger King route.

Trapzilla has some good suggestions for you saying that everyone is different and you'll have to document what you eat and how you're body reacts.

Good luck!

Comment

When dieting for a show I have one cheat MEAL per week. I eat all my normal meals that day but have one big feast in the evening of whatever I have been craving.

Dorian used to do the same right up until a couple of weeks out (depends on your conditioning of course) and I have found it useful and effective.

MA92
            "Beneath all suffering.........lies the beauty of opportunity"

Comment

I don't wanna sound like an ass here, but Toopowerful, you worked with Skip for your pre-contest correct? He's one of the best in the biz, and I see lots of questions asking if this is ok pre-contest, or that, and I'm just wondering why question an expert who know's his shit, and has shrinkwrapped tons of bodybuilders to perfection?
              TRUEPROTEIN.COM
              --THE BEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES

Comment

I think contest people have to be a little strict than someone like me. I don't compete and am therefore under no time constraints, so cheat meals once a week are okay.
                "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Originally posted by babygetoboy
                  I don't wanna sound like an ass here, but Toopowerful, you worked with Skip for your pre-contest correct? He's one of the best in the biz, and I see lots of questions asking if this is ok pre-contest, or that, and I'm just wondering why question an expert who know's his shit, and has shrinkwrapped tons of bodybuilders to perfection?
                  Thank you. lol

It doesn't look great for me when he has my name in his sig and is on every board asking a ton of questions. I can appreciate that he wants to learn but I guess my thoughts are the same as yours, bro.

*shrug* lol

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Ass kamali I mean king yeah you know guys know who I am talking bout his cheat meal each week up until 2-3 weeks out from show is mcd's bigmac or 2 if he is "ahead" of the game go figure I found out I can cheat up till 10 days out and suffer no ill consequences although this year I went 6 weeks w/out my "cheat" meal...but when I cheat damn do I cheat!!!
                    Short mod @ www.beyondmass.com

Comment

It would drive me nuts too Skip, I just don't get it.

I train under DC, and that's like me going on all the boards and asking different questions questioning what my trainer is telling me, especially when the trainer, such as you and DC, know exactly what needs to be done, and have proven it time and time again.

I personally can't wait till I get big enough with DC to where I can call upon you Skip to take me into my first Comp. And I'll follow everything to the key, I'm good at that!
                      TRUEPROTEIN.COM
                      --THE BEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES

Comment

Working...
                      X