Attention!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention!!

Just saw a post at BM where apparently a guy named Lewis got busted by the feds for conspiacy to purchase a large quantity of cocaine....and if I read it correctly he was having a cell phone conversation where he only intended to buy it.

Of course I am sure rec drug conversation will not be allowed here (a great thing) but my point is this.

A couple of years ago I was involved in a conversation with a customer of mine and an acquiantance of his, a guy I had never met and have not seen since. The guy never told me what branch of the fed gov he worked for, but we talked about cell phone conversations.
    Cell phone conversations can be monitored....supposedly there are buzz words that are picked up on either by computer or human.
    Be very careful when talking on a cell phone.
    Use secure email (cyber-rights is a good one)
    buy Rick Collins book "Legal Muscle"
    memorize the book
    be smart
    [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
    Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

nice advises SS..

I wasn't aware of the cell phone thing.. but here in Sweden they record all (or some of it) phone calls

Comment

Yes sir always be very careful when talking on a cell phone.... It is very easy to tap into the signals from them.
      ADMIN @ Fitnessgeared.com
      MOD @ Worldclassbodybuilding.com

[email protected]

Comment

I have read a little more about the case I cited above.....looks like it is a huge coke ring with 30 or so people involved.......Guess they got this Lewis fella by using his cell...i dunno.

But the main thing is that anyone engaging in any kind of actions deemed illegal just needs to be careful.

I am not a lawyer, but i am pretty sure if you engage in a conversation with one or more people about committing any kind of illegal act that is by definaition a "conspiracy".

Maybe someone can add to this.

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
        Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Definitely a good topic here. Spent a little bit of time with cell phones in the USMC prior to a deployment and to put it simply..you should always assume that someone is listening in on your conversation. Be careful..

-slide
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Originally posted by RaulJimenez
            wow thanks for the tip, so much for fredom of speech
            We have freedom of speech in this country! You just need to be careful who's listening

xcel
            Lift Smarter, not more
            60% Nutrition - 25% Workout - 10% Rest - 5% Supplementation

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. Never can be too careful.
              Please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyes

Comment

Just remember that big brother is always watching...
                Train like a freak, every time.

Comment

Bro- Not to downplay the cellphone thing cause you should be careful. But Lewis Called an Undercover cop. He also had a sitdown talk with an undercover cop. Its not like they pulled it out of the air-His shit was careless and stupid.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug
                    Bro- Not to downplay the cellphone thing cause you should be careful. But Lewis Called an Undercover cop. He also had a sitdown talk with an undercover cop. Its not like they pulled it out of the air-His shit was careless and stupid.

Well... I'm glad to see he was careful.....
                    ADMIN @ Fitnessgeared.com
                    MOD @ Worldclassbodybuilding.com

[email protected]

Comment

Thanks for getting the story straight on this Lewis guy.
                      Careless and stupid-that is what cocaine will do to a guy.

Comment

Hadnt heard that he called a cop but read an informant contacted Lewis on his cell-phone and then he (and a friend) met with that informant and the conversations were both taped. Why they waited so long to do something about this is kind of weird though, eh? Almost 4 years?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...lewis_indicted

Either way, youre right...he was both careless and stupid. Two words--Situational Awareness.

-slide
                        Last edited by slide; 02-28-2004, 04:35 PM.
                        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Working...
                        X