Summertime workouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summertime workouts

Does anyone has a different workout routine they follow during the summer months?? Especially for us guys in the Northeast, our warm weather months don't last long so I try to spend as much time as I can outside.

I keep my workouts intense, the weights stay the same, but I cut down on the rest and talking between sets to keep moving so I can get done sooner.

Does anyone cut down on the sets or reps duing these months?

Everything remains the same for me...It's still dark in the morning when I finish anyway..So it doesn't effect my outside time..
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

I usually go in at 5 am during spring-summer-fall months to workout. My job is outdoors and kinda physical.....evening w/o's are crap for me then.

In the winter I like to workout anytime b/n 10am-3pm.
      [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
      Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSport
        I usually go in at 5 am during spring-summer-fall months to workout. My job is outdoors and kinda physical.....evening w/o's are crap for me then.

In the winter I like to workout anytime b/n 10am-3pm.
        Oh yeah, that makes sense for you. I remember you said you worked outside...I'll bet your shot by the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by mark mcgwire
          Oh yeah, that makes sense for you. I remember you said you worked outside...I'll bet your shot by the end of the day.
          Yeah man...I love working outdoors, but it does drain my energy levels and ability to focus. Hard to get up for a "Lee Haney Championship Workout" after busting ass all day....

But I wouldn't trade it for an indoor job. I know lots of you guys work indoors-I would go absolutely stir crazy if I was indoors all day.
          [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
          Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSport
            Yeah man...I love working outdoors, but it does drain my energy levels and ability to focus. Hard to get up for a "Lee Haney Championship Workout" after busting ass all day....

But I wouldn't trade it for an indoor job. I know lots of you guys work indoors-I would go absolutely stir crazy if I was indoors all day.
            I go crazy and I only work 4days a week....my damn lab has no windows in it so I have to take walks every few hours so I dont go ape shi*
            Short mod @ www.beyondmass.com

Comment

During the summer, I sneak a few dumbells out the back door of the gym and do curls on the street corner with my shirt off. Great way to pick up chicks.

-Randy
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I have been training 1 body part a day 6 days a week over the winter. During the summer I usually do 2 body parts per day and drop down to 4 or 5 days a week.
                Any views or opinions expressed in this forum or in personal correspondences are purely for entertainment purposes and are obviously the product of a deeply troubled mind.

Have a nice day.
                Saturn……

[email protected]

Please visit our Sponsor

Custom Nutrition Warehouse

[email protected]

Comment

I havent really changed anything up due to the change of season...although I may try that curl thing with my shirt off to pick up chicks like Randy suggested....I just dont know if theyll be intimidated by my boobies.. :boobies:

-slide
                  "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus
                    During the summer, I sneak a few dumbells out the back door of the gym and do curls on the street corner with my shirt off. Great way to pick up chicks.

-Randy
                    lol!! you're too much.

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus

-Randy

Sorry to break the news to ya, but those are female cops trying to bust you. They told me you look like some "show-off gigilo" who's trying way too hard. They decided not to arrest you, they felt too sorry for you.
                      Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
                      Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
                      www.TrueProtein.com
                      *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

Working...
                      X