X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbjeff86
    replied
    Originally posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post
    No, just apparently one big pussy. My treadmill only goes to a max of 10 mph and there's no way I could repeat intervals at that speed and duration with my current fitness level. As I stated above, most of my info of HIIT comes from articles on the internet. The example I posted is a similar outline to one I saw.

I appreciate your input. I'll have to increase the intensity of my intervals.

How many HIIT sessions do you perform, or would you perform, in order to shed bodyfat?
    Well the idea behind hit (typically) is that you do an interval of high intensity (85-95%) for a duration of time, followed by an equal or slightly longer period of low intensity (50-70%). If 6mph is very hard for you and you are sucking air big time by the end of that minute then that is fine.

As far as how many HIIT sessions I personally do 2-4/week. But there is no magic number you need to shed bodyfat. You just have to tinker with it and see what works best for you and what you prefer.

Leave a comment:

• Enjoi
    replied
    Originally posted by slide View Post
    Thanks again, bro...I think I got it now. I was a Marine so I like it when things are broken down "Barney" style (as we used to say). Take care..

-slide
    Slide, I couldn't help but notice one of your quotes under your posts that talks about only Marines understand Marines, every one else has a secondhand opinion...Well gee I wonder how many of us FMF Corpsman feel left out now haha.

-Doc-

Leave a comment:

• Evaan
    replied
    I'm doing dave palumbo's keto diet and starting to get tired of the long low-intensity cardio sessions. Since i'm on zero carbs, i think HIIT would make muscle loss pretty fast. I would like to switch things up in a more Chris Aceto way of dieting (carbs / hiit).

Could anyone lay out a exampel on how the diet should look like for a guy on 220 lbs?

Leave a comment:

• FK86
    replied
    Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post
    How big are you? Just curious as that seems rather slow for your "high intensity" intervals....

I know when I do my HIIT sessions on the treadmill i'll do 30-45sec at 12.4mph (max speed on treadmill) and then 4mph for 60sec... Now i'm only weighing in at 183lbs these days... so i'm assuming you must be one big dude...
    No, just apparently one big pussy. My treadmill only goes to a max of 10 mph and there's no way I could repeat intervals at that speed and duration with my current fitness level. As I stated above, most of my info of HIIT comes from articles on the internet. The example I posted is a similar outline to one I saw.

I appreciate your input. I'll have to increase the intensity of my intervals.

How many HIIT sessions do you perform, or would you perform, in order to shed bodyfat?

Leave a comment:

• bbjeff86
    replied
    Originally posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post

Minutes
    0-3 @ 3 mph
    3-4 @ 6 mph
    4-5 @ 3 mph
    5-6 @ 6 mph
    6-7 @ 3 mph
    7-8 @ 6 mph
    8-9 @ 3mph
    9-10 @ 6 mph
    10-11 @ 3 mph
    11-12 @ 6 mph
    12-13 @ 3 mph
    13-14 @ 6 mph
    14-17 @ 3 mph
    How big are you? Just curious as that seems rather slow for your "high intensity" intervals....

I know when I do my HIIT sessions on the treadmill i'll do 30-45sec at 12.4mph (max speed on treadmill) and then 4mph for 60sec... Now i'm only weighing in at 183lbs these days... so i'm assuming you must be one big dude...

Leave a comment:

• FK86
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• warrenpeace
    replied
    It works, but in my experience my DC blasts are shortened (i.e. I get rundown earlier than the 7-10 week mark and/or come down with a cold) with HIIT done even just 1-2x a week.

Leave a comment:

• FK86
    replied
    Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
    I have a middleweight who was squatting 500 for 6, 455 for 10 and 315 for 20 last week....3 weeks out

he's doing HIIT cardio up to 12 times a week
    This really caught my eye. I've been doing LISS cardio consistently for about 5 months now and it doesn't seem to be doing much for me other than wasting my time. Running a google search on HIIT, most search results produce articles stating HIIT should only be performed 2-3 times per week. bhman, it seems your client had no issues with recovery peforming that many HIIT sessions in conjunction with their weight training. In your experience, what seemed to be the average amount of HIIT sessions that a person could perform without burning out and having
    recovery issues? I know that every person is different, and that diet would also be a factor, but I just wanted some insight as to whether 2-3 times a week is sufficient or insufficient. I've done HIIT before and, using the treadmill, I usually set it up like this:

Minutes
    0-3 @ 3 mph
    3-4 @ 6 mph
    4-5 @ 3 mph
    5-6 @ 6 mph
    6-7 @ 3 mph
    7-8 @ 6 mph
    8-9 @ 3mph
    9-10 @ 6 mph
    10-11 @ 3 mph
    11-12 @ 6 mph
    12-13 @ 3 mph
    13-14 @ 6 mph
    14-17 @ 3 mph

Leave a comment:

• bouncer dave
    replied
    sure.
    all I wanted to know if I can combine both low and high intensity exactly for not making the change too drastically. when you are over 40 the game change a bit

Leave a comment:

• dellsguy67
    replied
    besides...no one knows anything about you or your goals. and even if we did, any recommendations would be done loosely and would only be a starting point.

Leave a comment:

• dellsguy67
    replied
    there is no cookie cutter fix. start somewhere and see how you respond. if you are going in the right direction, stay on that path. if not, decide why not and adjust from there in reasonably small increments. don't do anything huge or drastic because changing too many variables ruins knowing exactly what is best for you.

Leave a comment:

• bouncer dave
    replied
    thanks for the info guys.
    hiit for 3 times a week and forget the low intensity or combine between the two?

Leave a comment:

• bhman6
    replied
    I try, lol

at least once a week during a majority of his prep, he was eating chipotle bowls, subway footlong subs, granola, cereal, low-fat muffins, etc.

other than the amount of cardio he was doing he was a lucky SOB

Leave a comment:

• Sparky
    replied
    Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
    cause that's what he needed

we prepped him last year and he flattened out too much with constantly lowering cals, so this year we lowered them to a point and added more cardio and high refeeds

he's MUCH thicker and leaner than last year at 2 weeks out

For anyone paying attention, what was just said above is packed with knowledge in very little text.

Leave a comment:

• bhman6
    replied
    cause that's what he needed

we prepped him last year and he flattened out too much with constantly lowering cals, so this year we lowered them to a point and added more cardio and high refeeds

he's MUCH thicker and leaner than last year at 2 weeks out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X