Ideas for breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for breakfast

What are some breakfast meals you guys are eating??

I've alternating between 2 meals and I need a change.

Option 1
    1/2 cup cooked oatmeal w/tsp splenda
    2 scoops whey protein

Option 2
    4 eggs white
    1 egg yolk
    2 scoops whey protein

I don't have alot of extra time in the morning so I'm hoping for something relatively quick. Any ideas??

Wish I could help ya...but that loks a lot like my mornings...But since I get home from the gym at 4:45 am I usually have a pw shake, then my oatmeal shortly thereafter.

Can you say boring?
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

try putting sugar-free jelly in the oatmeal. that gives u 4 or 5 flavors to choose from.

u could use turkey bacon or country ham thrown on the foreman grill.
      Follow your dreams but dont let your life become one.
      -Vander V

Comment

I have 4 egg whites/ 2 whole eggs made up the night before, 1 5oz hamburger (lean 96-4) and 3/4 cup oatmeal w/1 scoop protien. Takes me about 10 min prep but 30 min to eat all that food. Just get up earlier. lol
        If I replyed to this thread it most likely will die

[email protected]
        [email protected]

Comment

do option 1 M-F so you get to work. Weekends do Option 2, but either add anothe yolk or some oatmeal.
          -KidRok-
          "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
          5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

I eat eggs every day

great source of cheap protein. I also eat one meat with it, sausage, ham, or bacon. Sometimes I put these in a "scramble" with onions, mushrooms, and tomato. I never eat only egg whites as most of the vitamins are in the yolk and we all need good amounts of good fat. It is hard to get enough fats because meats have become so lean anymore. I also eat two slices of flax bread and half a grapefruit.

Protein shakes go right through me so I stick to whole foods, which I believe the body is accustomed to. They also leave me hungry in two hours. You need fats to slow the digestion and keep your blood sugar level. Weight gain or loss is determined by carbohydrate intake and not fat intake.. Oatmeal is good but you need more fat and proein so eat 3-4 eggs with it.

Comment

if i'm in a rush, then cold oats and protein powder in a blender with water, too easy and actually tastes pretty damned good. quick too...

if i have the time (weekends), then it is 5 egg (2 with yoke) omelet and turkey bacon with a pro shake..mmm....gettin' hungry.....

gotta go eat....
              word

Comment

You guys. I completely despair of you. You are utterly devoid of imagination. I am all for egg whites and oatmeal and all that dreary drudge for breakfast of course, but the most important ingredient would be Renee Zellwegger dressed in a skimpy white nightgown, slinking into my bedroom with all that piled on a plate, giving me THE look, meaning my breakfast was in her hands and she was looking at hers...

Ay caramba!!!

Comment

Of course, with my kind of luck, I wouldn't get delightful little Renee; I'd get Randy and Skip dressed in loincloths doing an Aztec fertility ritual dance, while Dante stood at the door, wearing nothing but a striped leotard at a size designed to cause testicle asphyxia, with a floral arrangement around his neck, and a huge bongo strapped to his waist, which he would energetically thump into a frenzy so that the two enthusiastic Aztec dancers could keep time while they invoked the spirits of the loins...

Of course, a quick look out of the window after one would have overcome the initial shock of that particular spectacle would also reveal In-Human, with a bone ornament in his nose and a gastronomically expectant, dreamy look on his face, while he happily stirred a huge black cauldron perched ominously on a fire burning in my front garden with a ladle the size of a spade, salting and peppering the steaming concoction at intervals....

Comment

Originally posted by IM^
                    Of course, with my kind of luck, I wouldn't get delightful little Renee; I'd get Randy and Skip dressed in loincloths doing an Aztec fertility ritual dance, while Dante stood at the door, wearing nothing but a striped leotard at a size designed to cause testicle asphyxia, with a floral arrangement around his neck, and a huge bongo strapped to his waist, which he would energetically thump into a frenzy so that the two enthusiastic Aztec dancers could keep time while they invoked the spirits of the loins...

Of course, a quick look out of the window after one would have overcome the initial shock of that particular spectacle would also reveal In-Human, with a bone ornament in his nose and a gastronomically expectant, dreamy look on his face, while he happily stirred a huge black cauldron perched ominously on a fire burning in my front garden with a ladle the size of a spade, salting and peppering the steaming concoction at intervals....
                    I think you need some sleep, IM.

I do have to admit that I laughed out loud with your descriptions.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                    Instagram: @intensemuscle
                    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

buckwheat pancakes if you have some time......no bongo or dancers required
                      SweatMachine
                      (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

I can't stomach whole food sin the morning well. for me it is 2 scoops whey mixed w/ 16 oz. skim milk, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 packs oatmeal.

TH
                        For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

1 whole egg and 10 egg whites in an omelette filled with 1 c cottage cheese,1/2 c broccoli,1/4 c canned tomatoes diced,pinch of fresh basil and dust the top with 1T romano when its done-I use a good non-stick pan and olive oil Pam spray-takes about 10 minutes
                          Livin' for the pump

Comment

Originally posted by Prot
                            great source of cheap protein. I also eat one meat with it, sausage, ham, or bacon. Sometimes I put these in a "scramble" with onions, mushrooms, and tomato. I never eat only egg whites as most of the vitamins are in the yolk and we all need good amounts of good fat. It is hard to get enough fats because meats have become so lean anymore. I also eat two slices of flax bread and half a grapefruit.

Protein shakes go right through me so I stick to whole foods, which I believe the body is accustomed to. They also leave me hungry in two hours. You need fats to slow the digestion and keep your blood sugar level. Weight gain or loss is determined by carbohydrate intake and not fat intake.. Oatmeal is good but you need more fat and proein so eat 3-4 eggs with it.
                            Being hungry every 2 hours is fine IMO, because it will help you remember to eat every few hours. For fat, just add a tablespoon or two to your shake.
                            "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Originally posted by rippedchef
                              1 whole egg and 10 egg whites in an omelette filled with 1 c cottage cheese,1/2 c broccoli,1/4 c canned tomatoes diced,pinch of fresh basil and dust the top with 1T romano when its done-I use a good non-stick pan and olive oil Pam spray-takes about 10 minutes

sounds good to me!!!
                              "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Working...
                              X