Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hammer?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hammer?

    when you talk about doing incline hammer press or shoulder hammer press.... are you guys talking about using the machine where you just put the pin in the stack of weghts? just kinda confused, thanks.

  • #2
    yes
    TRUEPROTEIN.COM

    THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

    Comment


    • #3
      Hammer is a brand of plate loaded equipment, that offers a full range of motion and independant arm use (left and right together or one at a time.)

      good stuff, my gym is full of it.
      SweatMachine
      (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

      That which we manifest lies before us.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hammer machines are leverage machines, they are the best, I just love to load those babies up, problem is most can only handle 5, 45s per side and the owner is against 100 lb plates...
        "That damn log book"

        www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

        Comment


        • #5
          you ARE In human...

          Just F'in with ya!!
          SweatMachine
          (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

          That which we manifest lies before us.

          Comment


          • #6
            damn

            thanks for the reply.

            I know exactly what your talking about because my old gym had a slew of them... unfortunatly my gym here at school only has one.... for back. oh well i'll find something else to do.

            on a side note, you wouldn't recommend using one of the "nautilas" machines where all the girls and noobs work out would you?

            Comment


            • #7
              James, you know ...
              MY personal opinion-ased on my lifetime of experience (29 yrs of training) is......

              nothing beats the good ole barbell and dumbell movements! Powerlifting movements are the best way to add thickness and solid, dense mass in the upper and lower body. Build your mass, then shape it up and work the details later. Getting big is what you should concentrate on first. Its a goal that really needs 100% attention to achieve.

              I would recommend powerlfting movements for the foundation of anyones quest for a truley massive body. just my opinion Bro!
              SweatMachine
              (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

              That which we manifest lies before us.

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't have nearly as much experience as SM, but I agree 100% with what he said above.....

                Don't get too involved in choosing different machines, and deciding which machine is better then the other...... Stick to mostly basic movements with free weights. They are what will give you the gains you want.
                ADMIN @ Fitnessgeared.com
                MOD @ Worldclassbodybuilding.com

                [email protected]

                Comment


                • #9
                  James, Don't listen to anything Sweat Machine has to say, he is way to old to give advice, ok now that we have that out the way, I want you to listen to me, cause I have been training for 25 years, so I know better, lol.

                  I beleive if you are training with DC's program, machines are very helpful, of course Barbells and Dumbells are great too.

                  I used to train on Nautilus only in the early 80s, but now I just do not fit in them, but they are great machines...
                  "That damn log book"

                  www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    hey Casey Viater gained 60lbs in 90 days with Aurthor Smith using nothing but Nautilus..... But lets remeber Smith owned Nautilus and was very much promoting his equipment......
                    SweatMachine
                    (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

                    That which we manifest lies before us.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      haha

                      you guys are too much, thanks a lot for the advice.

                      I'll whole-heartedly agree about the powerlifting movements though. I have been squatting, deading, and benching 4 or 5 years now and have done some competitions, and I do beleive that it is the most sure fire way to being massive. I was just asking because doing DC's program, using DB's or BB's is a lot harder because I don't have a training partner some days.... and doing RP without a spot on something other than a machine\smythe isn't usually happening. I usually try to avoid the machines myself.... and I hate the fact that my school skimped on the hammer strength machines. THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A FUCKING HACK SQUAT! Putrid if you ask me. I'm just gonna deal with what I have and go 100% because all I've ever wanted is to be a freak, and i'm getting closer everyday :showoff: .

                      Thanks again, i'm sure i'll have more questions soon enough

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SweatMachine
                        hey Casey Viater gained 60lbs in 90 days with Aurthor Smith using nothing but Nautilus..... But lets remeber Smith owned Nautilus and was very much promoting his equipment......
                        Smith.... Jones... ah, whatever his name was.... LOL



                        Originally posted by James
                        I was just asking because doing DC's program, using DB's or BB's is a lot harder because I don't have a training partner some days.... and doing RP without a spot on something other than a machine\smythe isn't usually happening
                        Don't forget about using the safety bars in a high quality powerrack.

                        Also:

                        http://www.powerhooks.com

                        -Randy
                        The Book Has Arrived!
                        The Book Has Arrived!

                        Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"


                        www.TrueNutrition.com

                        2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SweatMachine
                          James, you know ...
                          MY personal opinion-ased on my lifetime of experience (29 yrs of training) is......

                          nothing beats the good ole barbell and dumbell movements! Powerlifting movements are the best way to add thickness and solid, dense mass in the upper and lower body. Build your mass, then shape it up and work the details later. Getting big is what you should concentrate on first. Its a goal that really needs 100% attention to achieve.

                          I would recommend powerlfting movements for the foundation of anyones quest for a truley massive body. just my opinion Bro!
                          Yep...what Sweat just said.
                          [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

                          " We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                          Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction


                          "The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yea it was Aurther Jones and the Casey Viator training was called the Colorado Experiment.

                            He was in the hospital for a bad shot of Lasix and lost 41 lbs of mass in 30 days.

                            So Aurther put it all back on him 3 months later...
                            "That damn log book"

                            www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X