Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's my diet and workouts sound?

Hey everyone.

I am finally getting back into swing the of things. I have question for everyone.

I am a 210 pound man standing at 5'10"

I have been on a workout and diet regime for the last month and a bit. I have lost about 10 pounds of fat so far and put on some muscle.

My question is, is my diet and workout plan going to help me get that Zac efron from neighbours type look where I am keeping the muscle and evne building it while also losing fat.

My diet is as follows.

2350 calories a day
    195-197 protein
    230 carbs
    75-79 grams fat

Chest/Back

Deadlift: 4×6-10 reps with 120-180 sec rest
    DB Bench Press: 4x 6-10 with 120-180 sec rest
    Seated Row: 4×6-10 with 120 sec rest
    DB Incline Press: 4×6-10 with 120 sec rest
    Wide Grip Pulldown: 4×8-12 with 90-120 sec rest
    Pec Deck: 3×8-12 with 90-120 sec rest
    Straight Arm Pulldown: 3×8-12 with 90 sec rest
    Shoulders/Arms

Arnold Presses: 3×6-10 with 120-180 sec rest
    Shrugs: 3×6-10 with 120-180 sec rest
    DB Lateral Raises: 3×8-12 with 90-120 sec rest
    Reverse Pec Deck: 3×8-12 with 90-120 sec rest
    Tricep Pushdowns (rope): 3×8-12 with 90 sec rest
    DB Bicep Curls: 3×8-12 with 90 sec rest
    DB Tricep Extensions: 3×8-12 with 90 sec rest
    DB Hammer Curls: 3×8-12 with 90 sec rest
    Legs

Squats: 4×6-12 with 120-180 sec rest
    Lunges: 4×6-12 per leg with 120-180 sec rest
    Romanian Deadlift: 4×6-12 with 120-180 sec rest
    Leg Extensions: 4×10-15 with 120 sec rest
    Lying Leg Curl: 4×10-15 with 120 sec rest
    Standing Calf Raise: 3×12-18 with 90 sec rest
    Seated Calf Raise: 3×12-18 with 90 sec rest
    Upper Body

Bench Press: 4×6-10 reps with 120-180 sec rest
    One-Arm Dumbell Row: 4×6-10 with 120-180 sec rest
    Standing Shoulder Press: 4x 6-10 with 120-180 sec rest
    Pullups: 4xAMRAP with 120 sec rest
    Dumbell Incline Flye: 3×8-12 with 120 sec rest
    High Pull: 3×8-10 with 120 sec rest
    Tricep Pushdowns: 3×8-12 with 90-120 sec rest
    Preacher Curls: 3×8-12 with 90-120 sec rest
    Lower Body

Front Squat: 4×8-12 with 120-180 sec rest
    Bulgarian Split Squat: 4×6-10 per leg with 120-180 sec rest
    Good Mornings: 4×8-10 with 120-180 sec rest
    Lateral Band Walks: 3×8-10 per leg with 90-120 sec rest
    Hip Thrusts: 3×8-12 with 90-120 sec rest
    Leg Extension: 3×10-15 with 90-120 sec rest
    Seated Leg Curls: 3×10-15 with 90-120 sec rest
    Donkey Calf Raises: 3×12-18 with 90 sec rest

I try to hit 10,000 steps a day with 2 days of more intense cardio

Thank boys!!

SKIP is the master at Transmogrification, personally I do not like your workouts but that's my preference. I don't use barbells for anything anymore except maybe an SLDL or RDL

Comment

I’d up there protein to 1-1.5 grams per lb.
      Like the poster above me I’m not a fan of the workout but again it’s preference. Are you recovering from each workout? Instead of scale weight I prefer to use performance and body composition as a gauge. Your look will be determined by your genetics. How do you know you’ve lost 10lbs of fat? I’d wager you lost 5+lbs of water and glycogen and a 2-4 lbs of actual fat.

Also 3x whatever number doesn’t really give enough info about your workout. How many hard sets to failure are actually doing? How are you gauging your progress on each movement week to week?
      Last edited by RIR0; 09-10-2021, 12:51 PM.

Comment

This is a shit ton of work to recover from IMO. I have two really good suggestions for you…

1) see if skip is willing to take on another client. Get him paid and don’t look back.

2) read through skip’s training protocol and consider. A lot of people on this forum have had a lot of success with it and still use it to this day. I had a great run with the protocol.

https://www.intensemuscle.com/forum/...otocol-article

Comment

These questions are always really vague and require a lot of information to work through but I will throw the ball back to you and see if you can answer these questions and you might be able to understand your diet a bit better:

1. How is your general energy, do you feel fatigued all the time and tired? (might need to increase calories) ?

2. Are you being recovered from every workout before you get into the other? ( Are you progressing with your lifts every workout, hows the pump )

3. I cannot tell you if your carbs and fats are adequate for your goal or not, I do think your protein is fine, so you would want to adjust your carbs/fats if you feel more fatigued or if your progress has stalled (but this is also very broad and would need your own input)

4. I don't know how you divide your workouts per week or the sequence, but they do seem like they are pretty taxing so maybe you would want to adjust those too.

Also, be careful with training bigger body parts like back, legs compared to relatively smaller ones like chest or arms as you may need to adjust the volume.

There are a couple of more questions that can be asked but in general, those 4 questions should give you a big enough insight to be able to personally adjust your own training and diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
            This is a shit ton of work to recover from IMO.

https://www.intensemuscle.com/forum/...otocol-article
            It might be and then again it might not. It depends on how he’s counting sets, the intensity and effort of them.
            He might be counting 4x whatever number but if the first 3 are essentially warmup and feeler sets then it’s not that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by RIR0 View Post

It might be and then again it might not. It depends on how he’s counting sets, the intensity and effort of them.
              He might be counting 4x whatever number but if the first 3 are essentially warmup and feeler sets then it’s not that bad.
              that’s a good point and also I guess he didn’t specifically mention If this is all done over 7days I guess it could be an every other day situation also

Comment

Working...
              X