Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting back up

Hello,
    After a 6 month hospital stay and loosing all my "gains"about 60 pounds i have started back training.My test levels were 30 after the hospital stay.Anyways my doc has me on 200mg test cyp.Im going to start Dr.Scotts fortitude training as i had such success with it in 2019.I have managed to figure a way to work around my finger amputations with a lifting hook which has been working for back work.Question is with my trt dose of test i am adding 200 mast and 50mg var to see how much i can gain back.I have a lot of supps left over but want to keep it low to moderate.I get my bloods 3-4 months.After bloods i was just going to raise test to 500 and cruise back down.I know Skip did the trt bodybuilding but he was trying to maintain,I want to gain most of whati lost.Geez i hope my post makes sense lol/

Man, sounds like youre a fighter. Hoping all the best for you... Ill let the more knowledgeable guys answer, I only do 100 mg TRT.
    (And im old)...

Comment

Originally posted by Rot-Iron66 View Post
      Man, sounds like youre a fighter. Hoping all the best for you... Ill let the more knowledgeable guys answer, I only do 100 mg TRT.
      (And im old)...
      Thanks buddy it was a horrible year.But now that i can train again it is the best thing for me mentally.

Comment

I think you should do quite well on low dosing after coming back from a sickness where you lost a lot of muscle. In fact, I don't believe that if you took a lot of gear that you would get the gains any faster than if you did the dosing you laid out in your post. Even though you were sick, muscle memory is still going to apply and I think you will get those past gains back relatively quickly.

Just be careful and pace yourself. You don't want to have recovery issues due to overtraining 5 weeks after returning to the gym.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
          I think you should do quite well on low dosing after coming back from a sickness where you lost a lot of muscle. In fact, I don't believe that if you took a lot of gear that you would get the gains any faster than if you did the dosing you laid out in your post. Even though you were sick, muscle memory is still going to apply and I think you will get those past gains back relatively quickly.

Just be careful and pace yourself. You don't want to have recovery issues due to overtraining 5 weeks after returning to the gym.

Skip
          Yes sir definately been an eye opening experience.It's been a challenge loosing my fingers but i,ve got a hook with strap that helps with pulling.I was telling Scott that listening to your podcasts really helped me through those 6 months in the hospital.

Skip that progressive volume routine you laid out seems like a good addition to ft and dc rotations.Are you still training like that?Im 48 btw training for 25 years.Actually i forgot my old handle here but my coach at the time Iron Addicts(RIP)refered me here some 13 years ago.

Comment

Wait, What‽
            You lost fingers‽

I do still use a progressive volume approach, yes. I think the concept is rock solid so I doubt I will ever change that part of my training protocol.

I'm very happy that he referred you here to IM years ago.

Skip

Originally posted by msilva View Post

Yes sir definately been an eye opening experience.It's been a challenge loosing my fingers but i,ve got a hook with strap that helps with pulling.I was telling Scott that listening to your podcasts really helped me through those 6 months in the hospital.

Skip that progressive volume routine you laid out seems like a good addition to ft and dc rotations.Are you still training like that?Im 48 btw training for 25 years.Actually i forgot my old handle here but my coach at the time Iron Addicts(RIP)refered me here some 13 years ago.

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Wait, What‽
              You lost fingers‽

I do still use a progressive volume approach, yes. I think the concept is rock solid so I doubt I will ever change that part of my training protocol.

I'm very happy that he referred you here to IM years ago.

Skip

Yes sir three fngers amputated and the two left are crunched down no movement.Got an infection in my delt(no gear as i was pinning only glute at the time)but it spread down to my hand.I woke up 3 months later with a tube in my throat stomach,could not eat or drink anything just iv.Had to learn to walk and swallow with therapy.Life totally changed,went in in february(pre covid)so i got out to a whole new world.It was just one of the worst years.I lost one of my son's to muscular dystrophy years back so this is a walk in the park.Been watching the video series really informative.Thanks Skip

Comment

Yes sir three fngers amputated and the two left are crunched down no movement.Got an infection in my delt(no gear as i was pinning only glute at the time)but it spread down to my hand.I woke up 3 months later with a tube in my throat stomach,could not eat or drink anything just iv.Had to learn to walk and swallow with therapy.Life totally changed,went in in february(pre covid)so i got out to a whole new world.It was just one of the worst years.I lost one of my son's to muscular dystrophy years back so this is a walk in the park.Been watching the video series really informative.Thanks Skip
                OMG. That's rough and I'm sorry to hear that you lost your son. I can't even begin to imagine...

You don't know how you got the infection your delt?

Skip

Comment

OMG. That's rough and I'm sorry to hear that you lost your son. I can't even begin to imagine...

You don't know how you got the infection your delt?

Skip
                  No never got a straight answer.Problem was when i woke up i was in the rehab hospital and everything was a blur.What my mom said they were thinking a spider bite of some sort.I had not pinned delts about 3 months prior as i have alot of scar tissue there so it was a cruise dose once a week in glutes.Though now i came up on an article from Victor Black where a bodybuilder went through something similar and it was supposedly the scar tissue over time.Its crazy my little one was showing me pics while i was out and my hand was a bloated black glob.Ill have him send them to me so i can post them.

Comment

No never got a straight answer.Problem was when i woke up i was in the rehab hospital and everything was a blur.What my mom said they were thinking a spider bite of some sort.I had not pinned delts about 3 months prior as i have alot of scar tissue there so it was a cruise dose once a week in glutes.Though now i came up on an article from Victor Black where a bodybuilder went through something similar and it was supposedly the scar tissue over time.Its crazy my little one was showing me pics while i was out and my hand was a bloated black glob.Ill have him send them to me so i can post them.
                    I am going to look into this more. I appreciate your responses. The scar tissue is a concern or me, if I am being honest.

Skip

Comment

I am going to look into this more. I appreciate your responses. The scar tissue is a concern or me, if I am being honest.

Skip
                      Yeah i have been using since my twenties mostly blasting and cruising.Never an infection!I did have a lot of scar tissue on both delts.Crazy thing is i roted bis,delts and glutes.I also did quads but i pinned some water based suspension one time and the pain was crazyMaybe you guys could discuss this on the podcast?Not sure where to post questions anymore.

Comment

Here are some pics of the aftermath.This is my right hand.The other one is with my oldest at the beach.

Comment

Here is the hand.

Comment

That is crazy. I'm glad you pulled through but you just made me feel like a dick for ever complaining about my hip injury. Boo hoo for me. *eye roll*

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by ken "skip" hill View Post
                              that is crazy. I'm glad you pulled through but you just made me feel like a dick for ever complaining about my hip injury. Boo hoo for me. *eye roll*

skip
                              lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X