Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideal diet for a natural trainee; Optimal blood work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideal diet for a natural trainee; Optimal blood work?

I'll be getting a blood test done in a few months and was wondering if my diet that I will summarize below is appropriate for good results. I don't want to look at disappointment on the doctors face.

I eat mainly whole grains and tubers for my starches and chicken, fish, whey, and non fat dairy for my proteins. Some fruits and vegetables.

I know that doesn't look bad for today's cholesterol fearing doctors, but I have been handed done the old school advice from my elders for over a decade; and I'm 29.

So I always get in eggs, milk and beef for the saturated fat and cholesterol, and and everyone in my family basically does too. The doctor has once told me to not eat beef, and I was only getting some once in a a while back then, so I brushed her off. Even if she told me to cut these foods, I would tell her it is not a practice in my household.

But it would be nice to eat how I prefer and be smooth sailing at the doctor's office.

I wonder about the diets and blood work from the more advanced guys on here, so I can base my diet off of them. Surely there is some discussion about this topic.

Bantamweight member,

Andy
    Last edited by andishehhank; 10-26-2020, 02:38 AM.

Hey Andy, I'm not as knowledgeable as the vets on here, so anything i say that they disagree with please disregard, since they know best. I can tell you from personal experience, i get my blood work done once every 3 months, and my diet is fairly consistent, and i've never experienced poor blood work. My carbs come from mainly rice and 2 slices of bread in the morning. My proteins are 90% of the time chicken and beef. I have at least 1 beef meal per day, sometimes 2. And i still will incorporate whole eggs and egg whites. In my personal experience Cholesterol to this day remains one of the most misunderstood concepts by general practitioners (at least in the US) Unless you have a history of high cholesterol in your family or something looks insanely out of whack on your blood work i would think your pretty straight on the diet front. I'm not a doctor, so i can only go off personal experience, but if your Dr doesnt agree with your diet choices but your bloods are indicating you're healthy i'd find a new dr. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

I like KCs response above.

If you are natural and don't have a history of health issues, I don't think there should be anything on your blood panel that should be of concern. However, it's always a good idea to get it done, periodically, just to be sure.

As to what you should eat, I don't see any issues with the foods you listed, provided again, that you don't have high cholesterol or anything that is out of whack.

I will admit that I am not a huge fan of a lot of red meat. I think it is overrated as far as progress with building muscle. I much prefer the route of getting leaner protein options and then adding healthier fats instead of relying on a higher level of animal fat. Yes, you could get grass-fed beef and better quality cuts, but there are still questions about inflammation from red meat and I just think that there are better and more healthier options for fat than animal fat. Do keep in mind, though, that because you are natural, you don't want to bottom out your animal fat intake because you need cholesterol to produce hormones like testosterone. In short, some animal fat is good but you don't need to eat red meat 5 times a day, either.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thanks for the comments, gentlemen.

I'm certainly looking to eat some animal fat for the help with natural training.

I had a blood test done in March and everything was basically perfect, but my I was consume no sizeable portions of milk or beef.

I've had problem like this with another doctor 5 years ago. Once she found out I was on a ketogenic diet (back then) she was going to get harsh on me and I just dropped her. This time I am not doing keto but I am certainly packing in high calories which might raise my cholesterol. It is a little frustrating because we don't believe slightly deviating upward from a cholesterol of 200 is dangerous, unless the LDL levels are bad. If my cholesterol comes out at 220-230 certainly she'll be ready to hand me down her plant based diet which I am not interested in.

Maybe I'll skip the blood test with the regular doctor as she's just a psychiatrist anyway. It was my idea to do it anyway.

I should certainly try to get my diet a little more organized first, then post it here for some help.

-Andy

Comment

Originally posted by andishehhank View Post
          Thanks for the comments, gentlemen.

I'm certainly looking to eat some animal fat for the help with natural training.

I had a blood test done in March and everything was basically perfect, but my I was consume no sizeable portions of milk or beef.

I've had problem like this with another doctor 5 years ago. Once she found out I was on a ketogenic diet (back then) she was going to get harsh on me and I just dropped her. This time I am not doing keto but I am certainly packing in high calories which might raise my cholesterol. It is a little frustrating because we don't believe slightly deviating upward from a cholesterol of 200 is dangerous, unless the LDL levels are bad. If my cholesterol comes out at 220-230 certainly she'll be ready to hand me down her plant based diet which I am not interested in.

Maybe I'll skip the blood test with the regular doctor as she's just a psychiatrist anyway. It was my idea to do it anyway.

I should certainly try to get my diet a little more organized first, then post it here for some help.

-Andy
          My best advice is not to take nutrition advice from a psychiatrist.

You can always do your own blood work to check cholesterol levels without ever seeing your doctor. www.directlabs.com

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: @intensemuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
          X