What should my next move be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should my next move be?

I Have recently started a fat loss diet and also implementing skip loading.

My base line weight was 205.6lbs and started with a 6hr load on sunday... I'll lay out my week below to see what you guys think

Sunday: 205.6 Baseline
    Monday: 210.8
    Tuesday: 207.8
    Wednesday: 204.6.. 1 lb below baseline
    Thursday: 204.2

I haven't finished the week but if i had to guess, id say its a safe bet ill continue to drop well into the weekend and certainly by Sunday morning as i still have two low calorie days (Non training days) left to run through
    Should I keep the load as is and see what happens next week? extend it by another 2hrs ?

Just want to pick everyone's brain.

Originally posted by 1MoreRep89 View Post
    I Have recently started a fat loss diet and also implementing skip loading.

My base line weight was 205.6lbs and started with a 6hr load on sunday... I'll lay out my week below to see what you guys think

Sunday: 205.6 Baseline
    Monday: 210.8
    Tuesday: 207.8
    Wednesday: 204.6.. 1 lb below baseline
    Thursday: 204.2

I haven't finished the week but if i had to guess, id say its a safe bet ill continue to drop well into the weekend and certainly by Sunday morning as i still have two low calorie days (Non training days) left to run through
    Should I keep the load as is and see what happens next week? extend it by another 2hrs ?

Just want to pick everyone's brain.
    I wouldn't change anything, ride it out, if you're early on in the diet keep it at 6 hours, as you continue to get leaner and find you're more depleted then add to it.

Comment

Originally posted by justaguy View Post

I wouldn't change anything, ride it out, if you're early on in the diet keep it at 6 hours, as you continue to get leaner and find you're more depleted then add to it.
      Sounds like a good plan, not sure I could (at the moment) eat anymore food anyways lol

Comment

Use pictures as a gauge to the progress as well man. Ive had clients of mine start a cut at 180lbs and end at 178lbs shredded. It just depends how fat you really are though....but pics are a large portion of the wholesome view.

Comment

my next question is in regards to slin use while loading..I know skip is obviously a fan of running slin while loading but what about the other members? and if im lucky Skip you can certainly chime in as well !!

1) What are your thoughts on running a skip-load with and without insulin.
          2) Is there a certain level of body fat one would want to be at before using insulin.
          3) Im contemplating trying insulin for the first time this Sunday while loading.. Humoulin -R @ 5ius at the beginning of my first meal.. ill pin only once as my load is only 6 hrs.. any other tips for a first timer would be greatly appreciated as i want to be as spot on and safe as possible !!

Comment

Well for anyone wondering, I ran the insulin this weekend.... I had a baseline weight of 205.6 and dropped down to 202.0 Sunday morning.

Pinned 5ius of humlulin R immediately pre skipload meal and started my timer, not only for my load but to monitor myself while the insulin worked .

- 60 min in and i felt a little groggy but that very well could of been from digesting my first meal .. Ihop btw

- 2hrs in and was feeling good, no negative signs

- 3hrs in was starting to feel very tired.. meal time !!.. hit up a nice big bowl of quaker Oats cereal with honey and i was good to go !

- 4 hrs in no change, still digesting previous meal

-5hrs in no negative signs and was filling out very nicely

-6hrs in time for my last .. finished off with a good quality burger and fries

Following morning-

* Very full and vascular!!!.. had that pumped feeling without even warming up yet,, once the workout started the pumps was amazing and strength was through the roof!!

* Weight was only up 6lbs,? i know for a fact i ate more in this 6hrs then last week as last weeks first meal was just cereal as opposed to this week with ihop ( pancakes and french toast)
            water intake stayed the same as previous week.. 1 gallon during the load... 2 gallons normally through out the week.

* I can only assume that the insulin played a role in me only gaining the 6lbs?.. ill see what my weight and pics look like by the end of the week before making a decision on whether or not to increase my load oir keep everthiing the same.

Moving forward-

* I plan on bumping my does up from 5iu to 8iu, nice and slow... stay tuned .

Comment

I would have kept your skipload the same at 6 hours. Good call.

I support insulin use for loading, but I am not "huge" on it. If you are loading you should already be insulin sensitive. Insulin helps in other situations with loading but I am keeping those situations more for my clients. Sorry. lol

I will throw you a bone, though, to consider: If you are insulin sensitive when you start the load (and you should be or there is no point in loading), maybe it would be better to use insulin later in the load as BG levels start to climb if you are loading longer and have several meals per day.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                I would have kept your skipload the same at 6 hours. Good call.

I support insulin use for loading, but I am not "huge" on it. If you are loading you should already be insulin sensitive. Insulin helps in other situations with loading but I am keeping those situations more for my clients. Sorry. lol

I will throw you a bone, though, to consider: If you are insulin sensitive when you start the load (and you should be or there is no point in loading), maybe it would be better to use insulin later in the load as BG levels start to climb if you are loading longer and have several meals per day.

Skip
                Skip thank you for the reply ! i will certainly give this a try ., i do have another question if i may.

are you still of the belief that humulin R when injected IM is similar to humalog as far as onset, peak and duration ?

Comment

Originally posted by 1MoreRep89 View Post

Skip thank you for the reply ! i will certainly give this a try ., i do have another question if i may.

are you still of the belief that humulin R when injected IM is similar to humalog as far as onset, peak and duration ?
                  Yes.

Skip

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Skip

Just thinking out loud but do you notice a difference in times it takes to "deplete" when loading with Insulin vs not using it?

My thought process goes like this.. If the insulin is helping the process of shuttling more carbs into the muscle, shouldnt it take longer to deplete because now you have more glycogen stored ? or am i way off base thinking this way?

Comment

You are correct... to a degree. However, the difference isn't going to be dramatic, only subtle.

Skip

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]l.com

Comment

Working...
                      X