Alternative to donating blood for Hemocrit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to donating blood for Hemocrit

So my blood work came back for high hemocrit but I have a dilemma. I am banned from donating blood at the Red Cross. I am 7 years clean and sober from a heroin addiction and when I first got clean I had traces of hep-C in my blood which my body fought off the virus and I don't have it. But now I cannot donate. Does anybody have an idea how I could safely do something similar to donating to get my hemocrit down???

Thanks in advance

See a hematologist or find a place that will do a blood dump, obviously not free but they'll just take your blood and burn it so you dont have to worry about being banned or anything.

Comment

Yup, or look into doing it at home... Seeing if my wife will take a quick course on doing it, then she can drain me when needed.

https://www.liveactionsafety.com/kaw...d-drawing-kit/

Comment

Originally posted by Rot-Iron66 View Post
        Yup, or look into doing it at home... Seeing if my wife will take a quick course on doing it, then she can drain me when needed.

https://www.liveactionsafety.com/kaw...d-drawing-kit/
        We could probably figure out how to do this on our own to be honest lol thanks!

Comment

Blast HCG at 1000-1500iu per week. It should help.
          The promotion of the training methods used by drug-assisted and genetically giften men wreaks havoc, despite these men being presented as demigods in the bodybuilding world. Sure they have inspired millions, but at the same time they have misled millions; and their "intruction" has robbed millions of people of the best training years of their lives.
          -Stuart McRobert

Comment

If you did your blood work through your doctor, he/she should recognize high hemocrit as a risk. They will send you to get a flobotomy. That's the safest option to get this addressed by medical professionals.

Comment

How high is your crit? Is it critical?

Mine is always around 57-58 and I never donate - no reason to. Just because your crit it out of range doesn’t mean anything at all. Tons of people living at high altitude have high hct and they don’t do blood donations.

Erythrocytosis is NOT the same as polycythemia. If platelets were high then it’s a different story but high RBC is not a risk factor for clotting or CVA.

A good TRT doc rarely has a patient donate blood. It’s the uro and endo guys that still do 200mg shots every 2 weeks that are always concerned about high crit but those guys are not following the science.

BTW tons of cardio will bring your hct down.

If you 100% have to donate you can call your local blood donation places and tell them you need a therapeutic blood draw. Depending on state/location you might need a script for that. Also you’ll have to pay them to draw blood and dispose of it.

Comment

Id suggest not listening to this guy above me, there are other blood centers other than red cross. Just depends on where you live. I donate every 4-6mo and its beyond helpful.

Comment

Have you tried going to a different location? Do they have your license flagged throughout the organization?

I don't suggest blood-letting at home.

Instead, get off gear and clean out for a good 12 weeks. Incorporate more cardio. Make sure you hydrate well. Get to the source of the high crit.

How high % is it?

Comment

Originally posted by teamD View Post
                    Id suggest not listening to this guy above me, there are other blood centers other than red cross. Just depends on where you live. I donate every 4-6mo and its beyond helpful.
                    If I am being completely honest, what he said actually does have merit.

I have a client who is a doctor in Canada and specializes in blood pathology. She has told me almost the exact same thing that he just posted.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                    Instagram: @intensemuscle
                    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

If I am being completely honest, what he said actually does have merit.

I have a client who is a doctor in Canada and specializes in blood pathology. She has told me almost the exact same thing that he just posted.

Skip
                      See I do believe that(to an extent for SOME) and I do think it can be high without any issues. But the benefits I feel & notice from donating and getting my hematocrit down lead me in the opposite direction. But with everything, there are outliers and other ways!

Comment

Now many people have problems with this, I do not understand what is the reason

Comment

Originally posted by teamD View Post

See I do believe that(to an extent for SOME) and I do think it can be high without any issues. But the benefits I feel & notice from donating and getting my hematocrit down lead me in the opposite direction. But with everything, there are outliers and other ways!
                          There is also a big difference between high hematocrit levels and high blood pressure vs. high hematocrit and regular blood pressure. The latter seems to not be an indicator of a health concern or risk of stroke from the research and studies I have come across.

I am going to start a topic for the expert panel and I admit that I don't know if this is beyond our expert panel or not. However, even if it is, as experts we are all networked with incredibly intelligent and well-educated professionals who we might be able to call in to shed more light on this topic.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: @intensemuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                          X