KRATOM Information - EXPERT PANEL TOPIC for AUGUST 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KRATOM Information - EXPERT PANEL TOPIC for AUGUST 2020

I have been asked about Kratom quite a bit, but I have absolutely no experience or knowledge about it.

From what I understand, it has similar effects to alcohol but also has side effects if dosing is too high and/or too frequent.

I also understand that there are a lot of different "strands," but I don't know what this means or what each strand does or how each strand differs from the others.

I wanted to get this thread going to get solid, accurate and knowledgeable debate going to exchange information about Kratom.

Please, if you haven't used it or are not well-versed on the topic, do not respond here to give information or feedback.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

I’ve used it for a couple years. All the strands tend have the same affect for me, euforia, energy, mood enhancement. 5 grams is all I do at a time. I’ve had no ill affects from it, other than a little more of a tolerance if taking it daily. There are people who have reported dependencies and nasty withdrawals but I think these are the people who, for the most part, have a history of substance abuse and/or dependency disorders with opioids. But it has been a boon in the field for many opioid addicts. Mark Bell has a documentary about it called “Leaf of Faith” that is really informative. I believe you can find it on Netflix.

Comment

I have used it pretty regularly for the last 4 to 5 years, usually a tablespoon at a time mixed into sugar free crystal light with lemon juice. Much like thicknasty above, the effects are mood enhancement, plus a light buzz not unlike a few drinks, but zero sloppiness, and far more focus. I love playing drums on the Red Vein Borneo, and the green strain is cool for training energy/focus. My wife has seen some benefits using it during migraines and periods.

I have never felt the need to increase my dose, and I don't go all day craving it. I just use it to take the edge off rather than alcohol, especially while dieting. Depending on the strain, the energy and buzz varies. So, as far as being addictive, I don't think it lives up to the 'After School Special' hype that it generates, a la Reefer Madness-level bullshit provided by our intrepid media outlets.

Don't ever use it on an empty stomach, though, the buzz hits hard and causes vomiting usually......I can attest to that, three times.

As far as ill effects, the only thing I have seen is that it can cause you to stay up too late due to the energy and focus it can provide. If I drink it too late in the day, say 9 or 10PM, I'll stay up until 2AM even though I have to be up at 6AM for work. My stupid ass tends to do this several days in a row, then I am totally fried and have the "tired but wired" feeling that takes a few days of napping and long sleep to make up for it.

I have also seen some hair thinning at the crown, however, I don't have any direct proof that it was kratom that did it. I plan on nixing it for a few months after my dieting phase is up to see if any hair comes back. I'll report back on that later this year.

If I think of anything else, I'll chime back in.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyWaters View Post
        I have used it pretty regularly for the last 4 to 5 years, usually a tablespoon at a time mixed into sugar free crystal light with lemon juice. Much like thicknasty above, the effects are mood enhancement, plus a light buzz not unlike a few drinks, but zero sloppiness, and far more focus. I love playing drums on the Red Vein Borneo, and the green strain is cool for training energy/focus. My wife has seen some benefits using it during migraines and periods.

I have never felt the need to increase my dose, and I don't go all day craving it. I just use it to take the edge off rather than alcohol, especially while dieting. Depending on the strain, the energy and buzz varies. So, as far as being addictive, I don't think it lives up to the 'After School Special' hype that it generates, a la Reefer Madness-level bullshit provided by our intrepid media outlets.

Don't ever use it on an empty stomach, though, the buzz hits hard and causes vomiting usually......I can attest to that, three times.

As far as ill effects, the only thing I have seen is that it can cause you to stay up too late due to the energy and focus it can provide. If I drink it too late in the day, say 9 or 10PM, I'll stay up until 2AM even though I have to be up at 6AM for work. My stupid ass tends to do this several days in a row, then I am totally fried and have the "tired but wired" feeling that takes a few days of napping and long sleep to make up for it.

I have also seen some hair thinning at the crown, however, I don't have any direct proof that it was kratom that did it. I plan on nixing it for a few months after my dieting phase is up to see if any hair comes back. I'll report back on that later this year.

If I think of anything else, I'll chime back in.
        When you say you mix it with sugar free crystal light, do you drink it over time like sipping a drink or do you flavor it with crystal light just to get it down right away without it tasting horrible (like a shot?)?

What are the differences in strands? Which one would someone use or "prefer" instead of drinks for a buzz?

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

When you say you mix it with sugar free crystal light, do you drink it over time like sipping a drink or do you flavor it with crystal light just to get it down right away without it tasting horrible (like a shot?)?

What are the differences in strands? Which one would someone use or "prefer" instead of drinks for a buzz?

Skip
          I use it a few times per week and mix 2.5 - 4 grams with just a little bit of warm water (better mixability with warm water) and just down it like a shot. It does not taste good.

The red vein strains tend to have more analgesic and sedative effects, while white & green vein strands tend to provide more stimulating effects. I've found that all strains decrease anxiety and increase sociability; and I also find that all strains increase motivation. However, this is also dose dependent. Even though red vein can be more sedative, this is typically only at higher doses while loser doses will provide more stimulating effects.

There is also a classification of Kratom called Maeng Da - there can be red vein, white vein, and red vein Maeng Da - the distinction of Maeng Da essentially means that the active ingredients are more concentrated (it's stronger).

I largely stick to lower doses of red vein Maeng Da which provides a nice combination of pain relief, lower anxiety, relaxation, euphoria, but motivation & energy at the same time. I've actually found that a low dose of 1.5-2g is good pre-workout as it increases focus. That said, I rarely take it pre-workout. Because of the risk of tolerance, dependency, and withdrawal effects I try to limit my usage to just a few doses per week - and so I prefer to take it in the afternoon/evening on the weekends.
          Last edited by moco; 07-30-2020, 08:27 AM.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
          2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
          2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
          2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
          2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

Skip
            Yep, it's a "drink" that I sip over time, say 30min for a 32-ounce shaker bottle ice, water, kratom, lemon juice, and Crystal Light. When I was introduced to kratom, that's basically how my friend made it, then I added the lemon juice for my own preferences and I've never looked any farther into its preparation. There might be a way that is better than mine, but I'm fine with what I have, and my wife even grew to like it.

Kratom is earthy and bitter as hell, like a strong greens powder, so sour citrus flavors mask it the best for my taste. I think some people take it in pill form, but I always prefer it in a bulk powder so that I know precisely what is in it. I think Mark Bell has a pill form that he sells for focus and energy. I'm betting it's the green strain, but I really don't know.

I have only had Red Vein Borneo and Maeng Da, which is a green strain. The red is more mellow and the buzz is deep and calming, though my mind is still quite nimble during the buzz. The Maeng da seemed to lift my mood even more than the red, energy was higher, and the buzz was maybe a little more intense than the red. I can feel the effects of kratom for 3-4 hours I'd say. I never really time it because I usually drink it later in the day when I'm asleep before it wears off.

http://www.deepjunglekratom.com - that is my source. Easy to deal with and is based in the US.

NOTE: It's legal in my state, but I have no idea of the legality in other states across the US!!

Comment

https://www.kratomscience.com/strain...ts-and-dosage/

This website seems to have a decent write up on all the strains. But I don't know much about it either.

Comment

Working...
              X