Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a new topic for the Expert Panel -- Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new topic for the Expert Panel -- Ideas?

Let me know if any ideas you have for questions or topics for the expert panel. I want to get another topic going by early next week.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

out of shape (15-20%) bb'ers coming to you, let's say, 16 weeks out from a show they really want to do. How do you start? I reckon this isn't a one size fits all so a more general approach is ok.

Comment

How to set someone up for an optimal gaining phase or cut in regards to stress(cortisol, inflammation etc), sleep,, GI/digestion, supplementation, training(volume/intensity for example). Other factors people might forget? like maximizing their calorie intake during the offseason to be able to have a good starting point at the beginning of a cut for example.

Do you believe in "holding phases" or a "solidifying phase" in regards to maintaining and "solidifying" the gains you made during a blast? Do you think there are potential negatives with going from a blast into a minicut to claen up any fat gains made during the blast while heading into a cruise for 8-10 weeks(for example)? What is the explanation behind the need of a holding phase? Ive heard some talk about myonuclei maturation, or something like that, being an argument behind this.

Traning periodization for physique sports and how it goes together with certain diet and supplement setups could be an interesting topic.
      Last edited by mugmeh; 05-13-2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

I am not implying that either of you who have responded are doing this, but I want to point out that the expert panel topics won't involve putting together in depth plans that would otherwise be used for clients. My approach and focus for the expert panel is to discuss specific topics in detail to show different approaches from different coaches. It is also to have debate about different methodology. I won't have general topics that lay out framework for someone to put together a diet to get lean, for a growth phase or to set up cycles. Just FYI.

I do like the idea of discussing mini-cuts in the off season. I think that would be a good topic, though.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

How each member of the panel views training weak/lagging bodyparts to help bring them up. Some recommend training that muscle 2-3 times per week, some suggest more volume in a single workout(FST-7 comes to mind), DC has widowmaker exercises that are used every workout that you must progress on, etc. I'm just interested in how they all approach the issue

Use my discount code JHR112 and get 5% off at TrueProtein.com

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

I do like the idea of discussing mini-cuts in the off season. I think that would be a good topic, though.

Skip
            Definitely a topic that interests me! I'd be curious to know about length, what might be too long, how/when you would determine you need to, how much to cut (e.g., 500 calories/day), cutting certain macros versus others (no carb? low fat? does it matter?). I am not looking for specific guidance but rather the rationale behind these ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by frauke View Post
              Definitely a topic that interests me! I'd be curious to know about length, what might be too long, how/when you would determine you need to, how much to cut (e.g., 500 calories/day), cutting certain macros versus others (no carb? low fat? does it matter?). I am not looking for specific guidance but rather the rationale behind these ideas.
              This is my preference for the next topic. I will ask the other experts to see if they agree.

Skip

Comment

I'm here reading. Seeing whats coming next
                Carlos Rodriguez
                IFBB Pro League BBer
                IFBB Pro League Judge
                NPC National Judge
                As iron sharpens iron so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. Prov 27:17
                www.facebook.com/PastorPump

Comment

2-a-day training weights/cardio ..could it be a superior to doing all work in one session from a muscle building and or fat loss standpoint.
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by 1MoreRep89 View Post
                    2-a-day training weights/cardio ..could it be a superior to doing all work in one session from a muscle building and or fat loss standpoint.
                    ​​​​​​

i really like this one. Twice a day lifting, pros/cons, programming etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

This is my preference for the next topic. I will ask the other experts to see if they agree.

Skip
                      This is a great topic and if possible I'd like to hear some discussion on the mindset element.

As someone in a prolonged off-season going through my own mini-cut, how can a client optimize their mindset within the mini-cut?

It's easy when you have a singular direction (i.e., get shredded or get huge), it's a bit more difficult to accept "cutting" to ultimately increase size.

Comment

Working...
                      X