Anyone Prepping for shows right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Prepping for shows right now

Are you carrying on as business as usual or have you pulled the plug and decided either not to compete or pushed your show dates later in the year?

Not only is there the gym-closure issues for most people but there are also grocery issues and, of course, gear is becoming scarce, as well.

Just curious what you all are doing.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

I was going to compete in the Cutler at Boston.

I personally had a cheat meal. Had my cardio cut back, but right back on the diet. Just because shows are cancelled in my opinion doesn't mean there won't be more later. Plus I told my coach I didn't want to pull the plug but instead we should take this opportunity and figure some things out with my diet for next time or for when the shows resume. I don't speak for everyone but I think that's a hard pill to swallow if something out of your control happens and you just give up and say fuck it time to eat, but I know we all handle stress differently.

Luckily I have some gear I been saving up so I'm off the pre-stack per say, orals, and fat burners.
    Until then it's mostly just diet and calisthenics till this thing passes on.

If anything I think this is a blessing in disguise because it forces a lot of us to focus more on the diet and taking a break. We always grind our bodies out so I'm sure I'll be rewarded with faster results and less stubborn body when we pick things back up.

Comment

I'm still in prep and will continue until about May and if things haven't been straightened out I will pull the plug and go into a reverse and compete next Spring. I've been in prep all year so far and was Originally going to compete 2nd week of April and was possibly doing the Pittsburgh Pro as my last show but it was also postponed.

I have plenty of food in the freezer and gear is not an issue, but at 43 pushing past a certain time frame my body just wouldn't have the same fresh look plus I just like competing in Spring as to much is going on with business, travel, putting on seminars from Summer on.

I have a fully equipped home gym with Prime Fitness equipment, DBs, multiple bars, functional trainer, etc..... I train at home 95% of the time now.

I'm going to run a full peak regardless as I want to try a few different things out with how many days off before the contest, how long I load, etc.... and then nail a Reverse and grow through the end of the year.
      Allen Cress

Comment

Originally posted by Allen Cress View Post
        I'm still in prep and will continue until about May and if things haven't been straightened out I will pull the plug and go into a reverse and compete next Spring. I've been in prep all year so far and was Originally going to compete 2nd week of April and was possibly doing the Pittsburgh Pro as my last show but it was also postponed.

I have plenty of food in the freezer and gear is not an issue, but at 43 pushing past a certain time frame my body just wouldn't have the same fresh look plus I just like competing in Spring as to much is going on with business, travel, putting on seminars from Summer on.

I have a fully equipped home gym with Prime Fitness equipment, DBs, multiple bars, functional trainer, etc..... I train at home 95% of the time now.

I'm going to run a full peak regardless as I want to try a few different things out with how many days off before the contest, how long I load, etc.... and then nail a Reverse and grow through the end of the year.
        You said "last show." Are you not going to compete much longer? Or did you simply mean your last show of this year?

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Carrying on. I was aiming for Masters Nationals in July. I am hopeful that will still be good to go. The only thing that would change that for me is if I incur an injury related to my bone disease, but I have a dream to still chase. At least it gives me something to focus on and control considering there isn't much I can control currently with my business and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

You said "last show." Are you not going to compete much longer? Or did you simply mean your last show of this year?

Skip
            Last show of the Year. I will probably compete for another 2-3 years since I'm still progressing. I'm close to the top of the weight cut off for my height. I will have added about 10lbs of stage weight over the last 2 years of off season which I'm very happy about at my age
            Allen Cress

Comment

I am 6.5 weeks out, allowed myself a couple things I've wanted but keeping the training and cardio as much as I can. The show I was supposed to do may only be postponed 3 weeks(highly unlikely) but I don't see a sense of normalcy in this country, let alone Florida coming until June/July. The diet is easy because there isn't anything to eat in the store lol. Cardio can be done outside, my gym is open, but if it closes there is bodyweight stuff and bands. I'll keep dieting and just take it a day at a time and see what happens, worst case I look great for summer.

Comment

I was 6 weeks out from the KY Derby on April 25th. My plan was to compete in Classic Bodybuilding and requalify for JR. USA's in May. I work with Jason Theobald and our plan now is to continue to diet and find a show after May 10th to do. I have heard rumors that JR. USA's might drop the qualifications and make the show open to anyone. This would be awesome as I was already planning on doing that show. So now I will be 8 weeks out on Saturday. I have been doing my cardio outside in morning and training where ever I can. I am just taking things one day at a time and just enjoying the process. If things aren't resolved with in the next 8 weeks then I will have my own bodybuilding show in my living room, haha. Then, reverse diet into the offseason and get ready for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Black View Post
                  Carrying on. I was aiming for Masters Nationals in July. I am hopeful that will still be good to go. The only thing that would change that for me is if I incur an injury related to my bone disease, but I have a dream to still chase. At least it gives me something to focus on and control considering there isn't much I can control currently with my business and such.
                  How old are you?

Skip

Comment

• Jeff Black
                    Jeff Black commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am 39. I turn 40 in September. If not this year for Masters Nats I will reverse and be ready for 2021 Master Nats.

Carrying on. Sigh.

LIFT BIG, EAT BIG, BE BIG

Comment

Nothing personally but several clients were impacted by the shows being axed. I saw two NPC shows pop up today that announced they were still on end of may so we will see. I wouldnt be shocked if it takes longer though.

Comment

I am continuing on as usual. I am 12 weeks out from Toronto and 15 weeks out from Chicago. I’m just praying all this is over by then. It’s been a little harder to focus mentally for me though. I’m just extremely grateful we still have a gym to go to.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetjane57 View Post
                        I am continuing on as usual. I am 12 weeks out from Toronto and 15 weeks out from Chicago. I’m just praying all this is over by then. It’s been a little harder to focus mentally for me though. I’m just extremely grateful we still have a gym to go to.
                        12 weeks is roughly the 3rd week of June, right?

Skip

Comment

Working...
                        X