Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing with Gym Closures from COVID-19?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely... those EliteFTS bands are super high quality,,, been using them lately as well... the pumps are quite vicious when you really focus on it haha

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered some things. Fuck me is that shit expensive, but we’re pumped for it to arrive and it will save money in the long run.

Ended up getting the Force USA MyRack, a Rep Fitness adjustable bench, Texas Power Bar, and 580lbs in plates (which cost almost $600 fucking dollars to ship, but there is NOTHING available around me).

Hoping to be lifting again within 3 weeks or so.
      1. Post on IG that you offer online coaching
      2. Coach one person, charge them a nominal fee
      3. Write-off the entire home gym as a business expense

Comment

Some gym contracts are hard to get out of, I wonder if this will make it easier? The commercial gym I use near my office, for those days that I go into the office states if you live more than 25 miles from them, they will cancel the contract without penalties. (I Live 25.2 miles from them per GOOG maps). I sent a registered letter to cancel, we'll see what they say. I may use another one that is near by when I go back eventually, it has no contacts. Though I mainly lift at home, when I do go into the office, I like getting out during the work-day from 11-1 to break things up and get it done. (LIke I do when Im home in my garage gym. (Cardio I do at home after work anyways).

Comment

I invested in Powertec commercial quality home equipment 15 years ago. It's still as good as new. Great stuff. I'm half way through bulking cycle and haven't missed a beat. Up 14 lbs in 7 weeks.

Comment

In my living room I have a bench/squat rack, dip bars with a land line attachment, a barbell, ez curl bar, 185lbs in Olympic plates, 2 65lb rated bands, a pull-up bar, 2 puzzle mats, 25lb dumbells, and a 35lb kettlebell, with some various other equipment, and a TRX. It's not much, I certainly need more 45's, but it works for me right now.

The only thing that sucks about this setup is that it takes a bit more planning to make it work for DC, and some exercises aren't as comfortable as machines. For instance, with legs using a barbell with a sissy pad on the knees for seated calf raises, standing barbell calf raises, and landmine calf raises; Bulgarian split squats, front squats, and back squats; and deadlifts, straight leg dead lifts, and landmine through the legs deadlifts.

Comment

• Ken "Skip" Hill
              Ken "Skip" Hill commented
              Editing a comment
              Welp, you're single. lol

Skip

I'm lucky enough to say a gym owner gave me a key to the back door of his gym.

Comment

Here in CO there was a run on equip like TP! I had to call three places first thing the first day of closures and finally found a rack and BB with a few plates. then the hubs had to wait in the car over an hour in line to get loaded, it was nuts. the gym owners have been threaten with yanking of biz license if they do not comply. tough deal. As a person who has done FT for several years now, the last 10 days of modified training at home has actually been sort of fun. I am crazy sore from the change. It is a first world prob for sure and as I see the death toll growing in my county, I can live with a few at home workouts~
              "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
              ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Originally posted by slide View Post

I also bought and had a spin bike delivered the other day. Holy shit does that suck, but it passes the time. I haven't walked around the neighborhood so much either.

-s
                I got a spin bike last year during prep. There's an app I use call CycleCast that is basically a spin class that makes it a little more fun. My fave instructor is Noel but there are several.

Comment

One nice thing about home workouts is that you can do them in your soccer slides (me) and your underwear and flannel shirt (my husband):
                  Last edited by frauke; 03-26-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frauke View Post

I got a spin bike last year during prep. There's an app I use call CycleCast that is basically a spin class that makes it a little more fun. My fave instructor is Noel but there are several.
                    Thank you. I downloaded the app and will give it a shot.

-s
                    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

TN gyms closed...KY gym closing tomorrow

Comment

I still have access to 2 gyms but getting there is going to be the next challenge due to a stay-at-home order and a curfew from 10pm to 5am. I was training at 3am due to not wanting to be seen or noticed at the gym. The curfew has kind of thrown a wrench into that plan.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                        Instagram: @intensemuscle
                        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                          I still have access to 2 gyms but getting there is going to be the next challenge due to a stay-at-home order and a curfew from 10pm to 5am. I was training at 3am due to not wanting to be seen or noticed at the gym. The curfew has kind of thrown a wrench into that plan.

Skip
                          How are you going to play it?

In practice, I can't see them penalizing you but imagine you don't want the possibility hanging over your head as you prepare and then train.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

Skip
                            Do you understand why there is a curfew? Because I don't. That doesn't seem to make sense. I mean, that's when most people are at home, anyway??

Comment

What I am doing is changing my daily schedule to where I'm not up all night. I actually stayed up yesterday and went to bed around midnight so that I can be up during the day and sleep at night now.

It was working with my "regular" schedule of being up all night because when training at 3am, no one knew I was there. However, with these silly curfews from 10pm to 5am, I would stand out on the roads as I drive almost an hour to and from the gym and I don't want to risk getting caught. I figured at least driving while there is no curfew (there is a stay-at-home order but the amount of traffic is substantially higher during the day) is less of a risk.

Plus, I need to get some sun and sleeping all day doesn't allow me to go outside for sun when all tanners are closed.

Now, for those of you who feel that I should be staying at home like everyone else:
                              My thoughts are these:
                              While in my car and in a gym where there is one or two other people, I am not concerned about passing on the virus (or getting it) as much as I am when doing something like pumping gas or going to a crowded grocery store, pet smart or the post office. You don't have to agree but that's how I feel about it and I think logic dictates that there is far more concern in crowded areas.

I cannot for the life of me understand the curfews, no. They just don't seem logical. The stay-at-home order makes sense, though. Personally, I feel there should be a travel ban even inside of the US as far as planes, buses and public transportation but I am sure there are reasons that I cannot think of as to why they haven't done that. NO ONE from New York should be able to travel anywhere right now.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                              Instagram: @intensemuscle
                              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                              X