15,000 calories offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15,000 calories offseason

I'd love to get some discussion on this one. I recently came across an interview Ron Harris did with the new "face" of 5% nutrition Illyia Goem (im more than likely mispelling that) and thought it was a great interview. For those who havent heard of this guy he is 6ft tall and 353lb and he mentioned in the interview his daily calories are 15,000. He's definitely a freak which I thought was cool to see a relatively unknown mass monster and immediately fell in a rabbit hole on youtube trying to find out more. I came across his Youtube channel which he recently posted a full day of eating on.

What struck me most though was the way he went about his daily food intake. he eats 6 meals a day but most of his meals are individually macroed (thats a new term i just made up lol) By that i mean his first meal was a ridiculous amount of oats, and thats it. Then he went to a brazilian steak house for another meal later in the day and had 3 lbs of just steak. A third meal consisted of just rice. It definitely seemed like a different approach, as most people i know have either high protein/fat or protein/carb mix of meals. And he mentioned in the interview its taken him quite a long time to build up to that 15k cal intake. Much like Dante he said he was extremely skinny and small growing up.

I just thought it was extremely interesting approach to nutrition, and being as i'm nobody special and consider myself to only have an average bro level of IQ of nutrition, i'd love to get some more qualified people's opinion on this approach, as well as anybody else's opinion in general regarding this.

It was an interesting video and admittedly impressive to watch him put down over a 100 pieces of sushi. My only complaint as a sushi purist (anal-retentive jackass) is he kept calling it sashimi when it was nigiri.

Sashimi = Raw Fish, No Rice
    Nigiri = Raw Fish, Over Rice
    California Roll = Sushi for beginners

Comment

First, I will just say that WHATEVER someone does -- no matter how unorthodox it might be -- if it works for them, I support it.

I can't help but think that it doesn't SOUND like the most efficient method of structuring meals but I'm also couldn't possibly consume 15k calories in one day, let alone daily.

And if anyone thinks they can just start piling on the calories and start growing like this guy, I want to be very clear that he is the exception to the rule when it comes to that kind of caloric intake. There is maybe 1 person out of 1000 who could work up -- even over years -- to that kind of an intake and build a muscular physique without turning into a slob and probably creating a myriad of health issues. However, the premise of slowly increasing calories over time to get the body to adapt to the higher caloric intake, should be the main takeaway from his message.

Keep in mind that Gary Turner is a good example of someone who has blown up in his last off season and isn't anywhere near those caloric totals. This guy in the video has a genetic predisposition to assimilate a number of calories and nutrients that the rest of will never understand. There is more to genetics than just bone structure and muscle bellies and this helps to prove it.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by ucsumma View Post
        My only complaint as a sushi purist (anal-retentive jackass) is he kept calling it sashimi when it was nigiri
        It’s funny because I kept thinking the same thing...then I googled if there was any all you can’t sushi joints by me serving all you can eat nigiri lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
          First, I will just say that WHATEVER someone does -- no matter how unorthodox it might be -- if it works for them, I support it.

I can't help but think that it doesn't SOUND like the most efficient method of structuring meals but I'm also couldn't possibly consume 15k calories in one day, let alone daily.

And if anyone thinks they can just start piling on the calories and start growing like this guy, I want to be very clear that he is the exception to the rule when it comes to that kind of caloric intake. There is maybe 1 person out of 1000 who could work up -- even over years -- to that kind of an intake and build a muscular physique without turning into a slob and probably creating a myriad of health issues. However, the premise of slowly increasing calories over time to get the body to adapt to the higher caloric intake, should be the main takeaway from his message.

Keep in mind that Gary Turner is a good example of someone who has blown up in his last off season and isn't anywhere near those caloric totals. This guy in the video has a genetic predisposition to assimilate a number of calories and nutrients that the rest of will never understand. There is more to genetics than just bone structure and muscle bellies and this helps to prove it.

Skip
          I agree completely skip, the guy is definitely one of a kind genetically. Most people can’t get this down in 2 cheat days eating shit... eating relatively clean is just on a whole new level!!!

Comment

I watched the video and am impressed. That guy can put it down for sure. I can't eat half those calories without getting fat quick like. I like Skip's wisdom of building calories over time to get the body to adjust to higher calorie intake. I'm going to give that a shot once i'm done with this cut.

Comment

That is an insane calorie intake, but if it works for him that's awesome. I was only eating about 12,000 calories a day when Skiploading while trimming down.

Use my discount code JHR112 and get 5% off at TrueProtein.com

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante

Comment

Originally posted by Kcburrows24 View Post

It’s funny because I kept thinking the same thing...then I googled if there was any all you can’t sushi joints by me serving all you can eat nigiri lmao
                Any success?

I need to check in my area as well. As weird as it sounds, the best sushi around comes from Sam's club! #ArkansasProblems

Comment

I think this is more about getting attention and image. I doubt he eats like that everyday. i can believe the oats(with no protein source) and that pasta(with 200g cheese as a protein source LOL) but sushi, bbq and pancakes buffets like that on the daily? He must live off of buffet's if thats the case.

I dont really believe it. He might do this 1-2x a week but everyday i cant see it.

Comment

Originally posted by ucsumma View Post

Any success?

I need to check in my area as well. As weird as it sounds, the best sushi around comes from Sam's club! #ArkansasProblems
                    I found one potential one not too far, but one review says its not all you can eat as advertised, so i'm going to call them. If thats the case i'll be there for my next cheat meal!

Comment

Originally posted by mugmeh View Post
                      I think this is more about getting attention and image. I doubt he eats like that everyday. i can believe the oats(with no protein source) and that pasta(with 200g cheese as a protein source LOL) but sushi, bbq and pancakes buffets like that on the daily? He must live off of buffet's if thats the case.

I dont really believe it. He might do this 1-2x a week but everyday i cant see it.
                      it definitely made me wish there was a brazilian steakhouse like this close to me. That poor sushi buffet

Comment

Originally posted by Kcburrows24 View Post

I found one potential one not too far, but one review says its not all you can eat as advertised, so i'm going to call them. If thats the case i'll be there for my next cheat meal!
                        We have at least one here in FTL called Santo's. It has a ton of sushi and sashimi but also has BBQ, seafood, chinese, etc. All you can eat for 26 bucks.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                        Instagram: @intensemuscle
                        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by ricardosm
                          I tried to use same diet and nutrition. How result - clenbuterol purchased in https://steroids-evolution.net/.
                          How are you doing?
                          Last edited by BenJ34; 10-01-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X