Glucose Disposal Agents (GDA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glucose Disposal Agents (GDA)

The last couple of years we have seen more and more GDA's come to market. Back in the day we mainly used r-ALA, but now there are very comprehensive formulas out there.

Does anyone have any experience with GDA's? Im interested in both those who uses it daily and those who utilize them together with a cheat meal, refeed or Skipload.

Ive been trying out one for a couple of weeks now and i take it with my first and last meal. Im interested in the nutrition partitioning aspect as im going for the holy grail. A bodyrecomp where i gain lean mass but no fat
    TheStigs workout movies

I measure my blood glucose several times a day. I have had some issues with it getting high at times. The most effective thing I have found to help control blood glucose is Berberine. It works almost as well as Metformin.

With that said, track your blood sugar and see if you even need help in that area. If you are staying below 100 fasted, and below 120 after a carb meal, you are likely good. Ideally you want that fasted glucose down in the 80s, but with GH use that's almost impossible without help.
    I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

I'm personally not a fan of Berberine.

I've tried to make it work 4 or 5 different times over multiple years and it doesn't seem to make a dent in my blood sugar. I'm also convinced it backs me up (although I'm aware for most it can have the opposite effect).

I've stuck with r-ALA, cinnamon and fish oil.

Comment

Originally posted by ucsumma View Post
        I'm personally not a fan of Berberine.

I've tried to make it work 4 or 5 different times over multiple years and it doesn't seem to make a dent in my blood sugar. I'm also convinced it backs me up (although I'm aware for most it can have the opposite effect).

I've stuck with r-ALA, cinnamon and fish oil.
        Berberine helps improve insulin sensitivity. If your insulin sensitivity is already maximized, you probably won't get much benefit from it.

I personally saw a 10-15 point drop in fasted blood sugar when I started using it. I will say, over time that improvement declined. More likely due to my declining insulin sensitivity.

It can have a negative impact on your stomach. Usually, it's not constipation, but the opposite effect.
        I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

Comment

Originally posted by bigp3 View Post

Berberine helps improve insulin sensitivity. If your insulin sensitivity is already maximized, you probably won't get much benefit from it.

I personally saw a 10-15 point drop in fasted blood sugar when I started using it. I will say, over time that improvement declined. More likely due to my declining insulin sensitivity.

It can have a negative impact on your stomach. Usually, it's not constipation, but the opposite effect.
          I keep trying to make it work because I see how well others respond to it.

I wonder if there's a different mechanism of action based on why your blood sugar is elevated. For example, my A1C always comes back flawless and towards the low end of range but my fasting blood sugar every morning is 110-115 consistently. I know the driver is GH use, so I wonder if Berberine or GDAs in general have a stronger impact when the elevation is diet-driven rather than GH-driven.

A question for someone smarter than me (i.e., anyone).

Comment

I tried a few different types. I didn’t see any difference with or without them.

I still take alpha lipoid acid but mainly for its antioxidant assistance.

Comment

Does somebody got an Idea of stacking Metformin and GDA´s?
              Just been told recently that stacking Berberine and Metformin will leed you into Acidosis ???
              Im using 1500 mg Berberin and 500mg Metformin to control my Diabetes typ 2, works great but I dont want to create any more Damage.....

Comment

I keep trying to make it work because I see how well others respond to it.

I wonder if there's a different mechanism of action based on why your blood sugar is elevated. For example, my A1C always comes back flawless and towards the low end of range but my fasting blood sugar every morning is 110-115 consistently. I know the driver is GH use, so I wonder if Berberine or GDAs in general have a stronger impact when the elevation is diet-driven rather than GH-driven.

A question for someone smarter than me (i.e., anyone).

Have you heard of the dawn phenomenon?

"The dawn phenomenon refers to a rise in blood sugar released by the liver. The release happens as the person's body is preparing to wake for the day. The body normally uses insulin to cope with this rise in blood sugar"

Comment

Originally posted by mugmeh View Post

Have you heard of the dawn phenomenon?

"The dawn phenomenon refers to a rise in blood sugar released by the liver. The release happens as the person's body is preparing to wake for the day. The body normally uses insulin to cope with this rise in blood sugar"
                  It's super interesting that you mention this and I definitely think it's a major factor, if not the sole factor. I'm quick to "blame" GH but you may be right.

When I take my BG later in the day even after a heavy carb meal (80g) it's usually 100 or less. It's almost always lower than my fasted sugar taken in the morning.

Comment

It's super interesting that you mention this and I definitely think it's a major factor, if not the sole factor. I'm quick to "blame" GH but you may be right.

When I take my BG later in the day even after a heavy carb meal (80g) it's usually 100 or less. It's almost always lower than my fasted sugar taken in the morning.
                    From what I understand, GH can cause the Dawn Phenomenon. I also believe that Metformin helps with it. This assumes your stomach can handle it. Metformin wrecks my stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by I_am_lifting View Post
                      Just been told recently that stacking Berberine and Metformin will leed you into Acidosis ???
                      Im using 1500 mg Berberin and 500mg Metformin to control my Diabetes typ 2, works great but I dont want to create any more Damage.....
                      this is a very serious question and i am telling you now no one will give you any advice as this is a health issue and none of us are doctors to give any certified advice, so check with your doctor man!!!

Comment

I agree that this question is out of most of our wheelhouses simply because you want to be very careful with T2D. You would know better than most, whether it is helping or not based on your BG levels. PERSONALLY, I would not combine the 2 but instead I would use one or the other. That's just me.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                        Instagram: @intensemuscle
                        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Kaaha View Post

this is a very serious question and i am telling you now no one will give you any advice as this is a health issue and none of us are doctors to give any certified advice, so check with your doctor man!!!
                          You see I dont know how it is working at your place, but over here in Germany I introduced my doc to GDAs and Berberine... He asked me what I changed when my BG levels got much better than on the medication he gave me....

Than at the next meetingmeetind studied about it, told me it seems to be good but he could not recommend it. I was supposed to use the drugs the health insurance pays for my kind of problems. And the simple reason for that is , if he stops perscribing me drugs covered from health insurance he will loose income.....

So ,what answer you thing I could get from somebody that is not educated in that point and is not willing to provide information that may would end in a loss of income for him....

Over here you start to feel more and more the docs are "only" service personal and you are a number that creates profit... not a human that needs help..

Over here doctors have contracts with hospitals that they have to deliver a certain amount of patients to get e.g. x-fays done per month to recive a bonus.... over or under the counter.

Thats why I aked people dealing with that stuff on the faily bases for their experiance....

JENS

Comment

You see I dont know how it is working at your place, but over here in Germany I introduced my doc to GDAs and Berberine... He asked me what I changed when my BG levels got much better than on the medication he gave me....

Than at the next meetingmeetind studied about it, told me it seems to be good but he could not recommend it. I was supposed to use the drugs the health insurance pays for my kind of problems. And the simple reason for that is , if he stops perscribing me drugs covered from health insurance he will loose income.....

So ,what answer you thing I could get from somebody that is not educated in that point and is not willing to provide information that may would end in a loss of income for him....

Over here you start to feel more and more the docs are "only" service personal and you are a number that creates profit... not a human that needs help..

Over here doctors have contracts with hospitals that they have to deliver a certain amount of patients to get e.g. x-fays done per month to recive a bonus.... over or under the counter.

Thats why I aked people dealing with that stuff on the faily bases for their experiance....

JENS
                            i think in most countries it does work like this brother, but it is like big boss skip said, this is outside all of our knowledge, and anyone not certified to answer may shot the shit and give you info that can put your levels at maybe a worse place and cause more harm than good. we are all here about helping each other and trying to benefit from each other experiences, but when it does come to something like T2D then i think most people will respect the fact that it is a serious issue that needs to be treated by a certified practitioner.

Comment

JENS
                              You make a good point if that is your situation with your doctor in your country. I would like to think that it doesn't work like that in the US but I do know there are some people who would argue that it most certainly does. I just find it difficult to go against what a doctor says unless it obviously is not working.

My GUESS is that you would only incur a state of acidosis if your BG levels were too low for too long. I doubt it has much, if anything, to do with using both compounds other than if those two compounds has your BG levels too low (which could occur even using only one compound, as well).

Bottom line is that if your BG levels are better with your protocol, then I would stay with it. I am just not sure why you went with both instead of just one of those compounds. Is there a reason for going with both?

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                              Instagram: @intensemuscle
                              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                              X