Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Skip

Hey Skip
    i’m not sure if you remember me but I was one of the original members here at IM, I came across from Muscle Chemistry when all that happened and you and I used to correspond quite a bit . I even held a seat as a Moderator here for a period of time when the board was at its busiest.
    i have been listening to some of your BS&G episodes lately and stumbled scores the one where you talk about getting IM going again so I dropped in to see if it was happening.
    Thank you for doing this, as someone who was part of the very early days of the BBing online world (right back to Milkies in 98 and the early Anabolex in 2001) I really don’t like the way conventional social media had taken hold so I am really happy to see what you are doing here.
    I am 52 yo now with 37 years training and a reasonable resume as an amateur BBer here in Australia (still competing in Masters’s O/ 50).
    i will stick around and try my best to make a decent contribution to what you are doing here.
    Kudos
    MA92
    "Beneath all suffering.........lies the beauty of opportunity"

Hey Mate . good to see you here again.
    "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
    J.M.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAust92 View Post
      Hey Skip
      i’m not sure if you remember me but I was one of the original members here at IM, I came across from Muscle Chemistry when all that happened and you and I used to correspond quite a bit . I even held a seat as a Moderator here for a period of time when the board was at its busiest.
      i have been listening to some of your BS&G episodes lately and stumbled scores the one where you talk about getting IM going again so I dropped in to see if it was happening.
      Thank you for doing this, as someone who was part of the very early days of the BBing online world (right back to Milkies in 98 and the early Anabolex in 2001) I really don’t like the way conventional social media had taken hold so I am really happy to see what you are doing here.
      I am 52 yo now with 37 years training and a reasonable resume as an amateur BBer here in Australia (still competing in Masters’s O/ 50).
      i will stick around and try my best to make a decent contribution to what you are doing here.
      Kudos
      MA92
      Hell yes I remember you! So happy to see you here again!

Are you competing this year?

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Unlikely at this stage, I just competed last October in O/50 Masters at national level here in Australia, my 19 son yo contested the teenage class and won which was a super cool experience to share with him.
        Planning on competing in 2021, for now I’m helping my son get ready for his first powerlifting meet which has been rewarding too.
        i hope all is well with you and your family, from listening to BS&G it seems you are living in Florida these days.
        All the best
        MA92
        "Beneath all suffering.........lies the beauty of opportunity"

Comment

I was around here for a few years just enjoying the threads and learning some shit here and there. I am over social media and the idiocy despite having to use it for what I do for a living. Hopefully this board takes off again and it remains a good resource.

Comment

I admit that I am jealous you were able to compete with your son. It is something that I have thought about over the years. It would be equally as cool if it were one of my daughters, too, for the record. I bet that was pretty damn cool.

Everything is great here and I appreciate that you have listened to the podcast.

Skip

Originally posted by MrAust92 View Post
            Unlikely at this stage, I just competed last October in O/50 Masters at national level here in Australia, my 19 son yo contested the teenage class and won which was a super cool experience to share with him.
            Planning on competing in 2021, for now I’m helping my son get ready for his first powerlifting meet which has been rewarding too.
            i hope all is well with you and your family, from listening to BS&G it seems you are living in Florida these days.
            All the best
            MA92

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by jayashman View Post
              I was around here for a few years just enjoying the threads and learning some shit here and there. I am over social media and the idiocy despite having to use it for what I do for a living. Hopefully this board takes off again and it remains a good resource.
              I have considered making it a board rule that there is no discussion allowed for politics or religion. These 2 topics polarize everyone and it has taken the fun out of social media. At the same time, it has also driven the older demographic to loathe social media so much that they have longed for the message board days. So, maybe it's a blessing.

Skip

Comment

it is a blessing, the shit with politics and religion muddies the waters of knowledge with a chosen topic, ruins communication, and causes enemies. We have enough of that in the world around us, I wash my hands of it

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

I have considered making it a board rule that there is no discussion allowed for politics or religion. These 2 topics polarize everyone and it has taken the fun out of social media. At the same time, it has also driven the older demographic to loathe social media so much that they have longed for the message board days. So, maybe it's a blessing.

Skip
                  I'd vote in favor of that rule.

If someone is in the mood to waste their day (life?) screaming into an echo chamber there are plenty of other venues available.

To paraphrase Henry Rollins, 200 pounds doesn't give a fuck about your political affiliations.

Comment

Working...
                  X