X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken "Skip" Hill
    replied
    Originally posted by thundergod View Post
    There are very few forums where anyone from a beginner to advanced can get solid, tried and true information, and this is one of the best!
    Thank you and I agree.

We are currently making changes on the back end to get IM to where we want it before we offically launch again in roughly a month.

I have to mimimize sub-forums and get graphics done but everything else on the back end is pretty simple. It will just take time to get everything perfect before we launch.

Right now, Scott Stevenson is working on cross-posting from social media to IM and vice versa. I didn't even know that existed. lol

Skip

Leave a comment:

• thundergod
    replied
    There are very few forums where anyone from a beginner to advanced can get solid, tried and true information, and this is one of the best!

Leave a comment:

• Ken "Skip" Hill
    replied
    I feel the same way and that is why I am going to get IM rolling again.

I am still in the early stages of getting the site cleaned up, downsized and looking great with graphics and such. A few things to figure out and change on the backend but nothing huge.

Hang in there and I look forward to what is ahead this year!

ADD: I have a list of minor things to fix but want to hear from people like yourself if you find something that you feel isn't right or doesn't work here. Please let me know if you find anything.

Skip

Originally posted by Rot-Iron66 View Post
    Lets get this place going again, I still love Forums over any other "social media".

Leave a comment:

• Rot-Iron66
    replied
    Lets get this place going again, I still love Forums over any other "social media".

Leave a comment:

• Ken "Skip" Hill
    replied
    It might not be for long.

Skip

Originally posted by cgjedi View Post
    It's too bad. I just found this forum and joined up. Such a shame. I hate Facebook and will never have an account. But that seems where everyone went.

Leave a comment:

• cgjedi
    replied
    It's too bad. I just found this forum and joined up. Such a shame. I hate Facebook and will never have an account. But that seems where everyone went.

Leave a comment:

• Ken "Skip" Hill
    replied
    Absolutely. I am speaking with people now to see what their involvement would be and if they are interested in being involved.

So far, the feedback has been very positive but I am still in talks with people who I feel would be or could be significantly helpful to make this resurrection a success. I believe it will probably take me most of January to get a feel from some people as to how to proceed.

Skip

Originally posted by Ds3317 View Post
    Skip have you given anymore thought to bringing the forum back to life like you mentioned on Blood sweat and gear?

Leave a comment:

• Ds3317
    replied
    Skip have you given anymore thought to bringing the forum back to life like you mentioned on Blood sweat and gear?

Leave a comment:

• Ken "Skip" Hill
    replied
    Originally posted by Late Bloomer View Post

This forum might be dead, but it's a time capsule of some of the best info ever written on building muscle.
    Thank you for that.

If I had any control over whether this board was still active and popular, I would LOVE to have the traffic we used to and I would do whatever it took to make that happen.

Skip

Leave a comment:

• Late Bloomer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
    In defense of myself -- because I have run this site since 2004, it is incredibly disappointing but it has nothing to do with the site being down for a month during the upgrade. The traffic was equally as horrible prior to the upgrade. The only real impact during that downtime was my clients who I still train from my private forum.

One of the biggest issues with the upgrade taking so long was because of there being such a massive amount of pictures, video, posts, etc, for so many years. I didn't ever want pictures or video to be archived -- as most sites do -- after a certain period of time. I wanted everything from day 1 to continue to be accessible. This caused numerous issues that vbulletin, themselves, couldn't fix right away. They did the upgrade.

We had a good run and ended up running longer than most -- especially considering there was never ANYONE on a payroll on this site to post, run it, etc.. Traffic started falling off sharply in 2014 and 2015. Our peak years were roughly 2006 through 2012.

If I thought there was any chance of message boards making a comeback, I would be happy to upgrade the appearance and get it going again. As stated previously, there is still a ton of information here from very well-known people in the industry to reference. The site will remain active in the sense that I still train all of my clients from my private forum as that has not changed. It will be here, but it just will likely never recover from the shift to social media and other platforms.

Skip
    This forum might be dead, but it's a time capsule of some of the best info ever written on building muscle.

Leave a comment:

• Ken "Skip" Hill
    replied
    In defense of myself -- because I have run this site since 2004, it is incredibly disappointing but it has nothing to do with the site being down for a month during the upgrade. The traffic was equally as horrible prior to the upgrade. The only real impact during that downtime was my clients who I still train from my private forum.

One of the biggest issues with the upgrade taking so long was because of there being such a massive amount of pictures, video, posts, etc, for so many years. I didn't ever want pictures or video to be archived -- as most sites do -- after a certain period of time. I wanted everything from day 1 to continue to be accessible. This caused numerous issues that vbulletin, themselves, couldn't fix right away. They did the upgrade.

We had a good run and ended up running longer than most -- especially considering there was never ANYONE on a payroll on this site to post, run it, etc.. Traffic started falling off sharply in 2014 and 2015. Our peak years were roughly 2006 through 2012.

If I thought there was any chance of message boards making a comeback, I would be happy to upgrade the appearance and get it going again. As stated previously, there is still a ton of information here from very well-known people in the industry to reference. The site will remain active in the sense that I still train all of my clients from my private forum as that has not changed. It will be here, but it just will likely never recover from the shift to social media and other platforms.

Skip

Leave a comment:

• FK86
    replied
    It's true and unfortunate. Two years ago I tried to post a thread about the Olympia to get a discussion going and there wasn't a single response. Not one. I still come here sometimes when I want to read some old threads, but social media (mainly Instagram) has crushed pretty much every board except Professional Muscle. I also remember traffic here was still decent until the layout was changed. There were some issues during that conversion and the site ended up being down for like a month IIRC and after that I think most people just moved on.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainEarth
    started a topic This forum is dead?

This forum is dead?

welp I tried. Looks like I’m a couple years too late.
Working...
X