Muscle memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle memory

It has been a long time since I have been onto the forum and nearly as long since I have lifted. 2.5-3 years of zero lifting to be honest. Although I did not use PEDs, I did build some good muscle mass and some decent strength over the best part of 2 decades that of course have mostly been lost during this period. I am 5 weeks back in to lifting and seeing some improvements in strenfth and size but I am of course lightyears away from where I was before the break. My main concern is as I am closing in on my mid 30's I am going to struggle to regain the lost mass and strength now. With this being my 1st ever break beyond the odd week here and there and never really planning to stop, I am totally unaware of how much can be recouped via muscle memory and of course progressively improving my lifts with enough calories and protein. Have any of you had experience with longish lay offs and muscle memory? Preferably without PED use as of course age and test levels are not the same concern when you are taking in above normal range of test for any age man. Rightly or wrongly after the 1st week just getting back into lifting again and letting my muscles get a good warm up week, I dived straight back in to DC training for the last 4 weeks as I used that for the last few years before the break and found I responded well to it.

Any input and advice will be much appreciated, especially information on how you went on after a break from lifting.

Thanks.
    We all make mistakes in our journey, its what you do to correct them mistakes that makes you who you are to become!

Originally posted by honeymonster View Post
    It has been a long time since I have been onto the forum and nearly as long since I have lifted. 2.5-3 years of zero lifting to be honest. Although I did not use PEDs, I did build some good muscle mass and some decent strength over the best part of 2 decades that of course have mostly been lost during this period. I am 5 weeks back in to lifting and seeing some improvements in strenfth and size but I am of course lightyears away from where I was before the break. My main concern is as I am closing in on my mid 30's I am going to struggle to regain the lost mass and strength now. With this being my 1st ever break beyond the odd week here and there and never really planning to stop, I am totally unaware of how much can be recouped via muscle memory and of course progressively improving my lifts with enough calories and protein. Have any of you had experience with longish lay offs and muscle memory? Preferably without PED use as of course age and test levels are not the same concern when you are taking in above normal range of test for any age man. Rightly or wrongly after the 1st week just getting back into lifting again and letting my muscles get a good warm up week, I dived straight back in to DC training for the last 4 weeks as I used that for the last few years before the break and found I responded well to it.

Any input and advice will be much appreciated, especially information on how you went on after a break from lifting.

Thanks.
    Even though that is quite a while to be out of the gym, you aren't that old so even without PEDs, I would not say that you are screwed or that you can't regain what you had attained prior. It will certainly take some time and you will need to be sure that you are recovering well, especially at first, because your recovery ability is going to not be very good. I would have recommended against going straight into DC training because it is likely too intense for your recovery abilities but... that's like telling a kid not to eat candy. lol

Obviously, your diet will need to be tight and efficient and things like sleep, etc.. You will need to be sure that you maximize your recovery the best you can.

Skip
    www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
    Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: IntenseMuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]mail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
    X