Anyone here knows a good way to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here knows a good way to...

inject the last part of juice that remains in the needle??

Yes, leave a small bubble behind the gear and when you finish, there will be no gear left. Now, before some of you start yelling something about air in the syringe, spare me, please. Oh, and this only works if the pin, itself, is down. *duh* hehe

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

okey.. thanks

Comment

It just occured to me that someone may read this and think I am kidding but I am not. A small air bubble is no danger at all to you while injecting. Just thought I would be clear.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Skip
          It just occured to me that someone may read this and think I am kidding but I am not. A small air bubble is no danger at all to you while injecting. Just thought I would be clear.

Skip
          Ditto. Skip's right. The oil left in the syringe and pin is prob. 0.1 - 0.2 ml. This much air will cause harm.

If you're really concerned, you can inject slowly during the last .5ml or so and when the resistance to flow decreases, you've pushed the oil all out and now only air remains. Simply stop depressing the plunger at this point and withdraw the needle.

This works great when basting turkeys.

-R
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Ditto for Skip and Randy.

The first time I had UBI done I almost freaked because the nurse let a good bit of air in at the end of the treatment.
            She calmed me down before I hyperventilated over it, lol.
            [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
            Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

not to be the guy to disagree, but i will just to be a pain in the ass, lol.

yes you guys are right, inherently a small air bubble will not effect the depot initially, but one thing that can happen, and i am not saying it will. is the increased chance of a bacterial infection. air (oxygen) as well as particles you and i can not see that are "air bourne" can contaminate. hence why vials don't have screw off caps for the material to keep being exposed to unsterile quality air.

call me crazy, but i think a clean sterile site, is better than saving .1 ml of product. trust me you won't miss it.

tpc
              TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

Where do you think the air you inject into the bottle is coming from? I have been doing it for years with no infections. But Sometimes the air gets pushed through and there is a tad bit more juice in the syringe.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug
                  Where do you think the air you inject into the bottle is coming from? I have been doing it for years with no infections. But Sometimes the air gets pushed through and there is a tad bit more juice in the syringe.
                  another thing, i dont think is right.

i am probably just a little too careful. i am not saying an infection will happen, i just think people should reduce the chances of it happening. if you were loosing over a ml of material, than it might be worth it, but that small amount, does it really matter.

tpc

Last edited by tpc; 04-13-2004, 01:51 AM.
                  TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

Originally posted by tpc

i am probably just a little too careful. i am not saying an infection will happen, i just think people should reduce the chances of it happening. if you were loosing over a ml of material, than it might be worth it, but that small amount, does it really matter.

tpc
                    I agree with the fact that you aren't losing much gear and that there is a the potential, all be it slight, of contamination but I did this for years right up until a couple years ago and I never have had an infection. Can't say that it couldn't happen but I think the likelyhood is that it would be pretty freak.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by tpc

call me crazy, but i think a clean sterile site, is better than saving .1 ml of product. trust me you won't miss it.

tpc
                      Hey TPC,

Only thing there is that, unless you are using sterile procedure (including povidone iodine - betadine), the site is not sterile. (An alcohol swab does not *sterilize* the injection site.)

During sterile surgical procedures, instruments covered with blood and body fluids are removed from the body, exposed to the air for many minutes (e.g., placed on a sterile field) and then re-inserted into the body.

The above provides biological material for airborne microbes to latch onto, whereas the oil does not (although microbes can obvkously find their way there).

But I hear what you're saying. I wouldn't want to have a sick friend sneeze and try to draw up some air that just came out of his runny nose and inject it. LOL

This is why I like to just have an extra 0.1-0.2 ml of air there, which is enough to push the extra oil out, but no more.

If you have test. at 200mg / ml, the 0.1 ml has 20 mg of test, which is about 2-3 times normal daily endogenous testicular production. A drop in the bucket for a heavy duty user. Make that .2 ml in 3 weekly injections (40mg x 3) and you've got 120mg lost - what could be used for a weekly dose of hormonal replacement therapy.

-Randy
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus
                        Hey TPC,

Only thing there is that, unless you are using sterile procedure (including povidone iodine - betadine), the site is not sterile. (An alcohol swab does not *sterilize* the injection site.)

During sterile surgical procedures, instruments covered with blood and body fluids are removed from the body, exposed to the air for many minutes (e.g., placed on a sterile field) and then re-inserted into the body.

The above provides biological material for airborne microbes to latch onto, whereas the oil does not (although microbes can obvkously find their way there).

But I hear what you're saying. I wouldn't want to have a sick friend sneeze and try to draw up some air that just came out of his runny nose and inject it. LOL

Good point Randy. Something interesting is that all hospitals use to ues UVC light to sterilize their surgical tools. Some still do....my local hospital does not but supposedly the larger ones do.
                        The germicidal properties of UVC are probably unsurpassed. Hospitals have also used UVC to sterilize bedding. Back in the day washing mashines and commodes had UVC lighting under the lids.

Props to you on the math too Randy....

Good point Randy. Something interesting is that for a very long time all hospitals sterilized their surgical tools with UVC light...same with room bedding. The germicidal properties of UVC are perhaps unsurpassed. In the old days washing machines and commodes also had UVC lights under the lids.....
                        Some hospitals still use UVC....I called one of the local hospitals a couple of years ago and they do not use UV anymore.....

I have also noticed that there are some units for sale that people can install in their home that use UVC light to help purify the air.

Props to ya on your math bro.....

This is why I like to just have an extra 0.1-0.2 ml of air there, which is enough to push the extra oil out, but no more.

If you have test. at 200mg / ml, the 0.1 ml has 20 mg of test, which is about 2-3 times normal daily endogenous testicular production. A drop in the bucket for a heavy duty user. Make that .2 ml in 3 weekly injections (40mg x 3) and you've got 120mg lost - what could be used for a weekly dose of hormonal replacement therapy.

-Randy
                        Last edited by SuperSport; 04-13-2004, 10:59 AM.

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                        Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Hhhmmm..sorry for the confusion in the previous post...guess my edit button isn't working properly.

Anyway, good post Randy. A little factoid here...almost all hospitals have at one time or another used UVC light to sterilize surgical tools and room bedding. The germicidal properties of UVC are probably unsurpassed.
                          In the old days-when everyone was scared to death of infection-washing machines and commodes had UVC lights installed under the lids.

Props to ya on the math bro.....

Comment

People gotta relax a little......
                            SweatMachine
                            (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Working...
                            X