Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperSport
    replied
    Thanks for the responses....several bars and restaurants here do their own brewing...guess I will hit them up.

Leave a comment:

• Anadrol
    replied
    I buy mine in the grocery store.. but SMs advice is a little cheaper

Leave a comment:

• SweatMachine
    replied
    Malto dextrine!!

you can also buy it from a home beer brewing store VERY cheap!

Leave a comment:

• xcelbeyond
    replied
    I just mix in ~50g dextrose with my post workout protein drink (~55g whey isolate protein).

Why pay the huge S&H for online?!?!? I just went down to local Health Food store and they ordered me a 50# sack for $34!

xcel

Leave a comment:

• alpineslide
    replied
    Originally posted by tpc
    ditto with alpineslide, but i know some people "fall off" or go a little hypo 30-45 minutes after a post workout shake of just dextrose. i like a mix of 50/50 malt and dex. it keeps my insulin levels alot more steady until my next feeding, then the quick up and then quick down.

tpc
    Hey, I didn't realize you guys have dextrose too....buy it from them !!!

Leave a comment:

• tpc
    replied
    Originally posted by alpineslide
    Gatorade is has more sucrose in it then Glucose. I prefer glucose post workout and I get it from dextrose ( corn sugar). You can buy it from pretty much any Beer Homebrewers store or shoot me a PM and I'll give you a website that has it. I mix my powdered dextrose with unsweetened kool aid ( one pack for every pound of dextrose ) and throw in some creatine as well. It tastes just like Kool-aid this way and you can choose your flavor.

I also prefer to keep my carb and fat meals seperate as much as I can. I personally would not have the MCT's postworkout.

ditto with alpineslide, but i know some people "fall off" or go a little hypo 30-45 minutes after a post workout shake of just dextrose. i like a mix of 50/50 malt and dex. it keeps my insulin levels alot more steady until my next feeding, then the quick up and then quick down.

tpc

Leave a comment:

• Anadrol
    replied
    I use maltodextrin... I drink about 1g per kg

Leave a comment:

• alpineslide
    replied
    Gatorade is has more sucrose in it then Glucose. I prefer glucose post workout and I get it from dextrose ( corn sugar). You can buy it from pretty much any Beer Homebrewers store or shoot me a PM and I'll give you a website that has it. I mix my powdered dextrose with unsweetened kool aid ( one pack for every pound of dextrose ) and throw in some creatine as well. It tastes just like Kool-aid this way and you can choose your flavor.

I also prefer to keep my carb and fat meals seperate as much as I can. I personally would not have the MCT's postworkout.

Leave a comment:

• SuperSport
    started a topic Glucose or maltodextrin?

Glucose or maltodextrin?

I like to consume about 40-50 grams of either glucose (in the form of gatorade) or maltodextrin just as I finish my workout -

Seems like the glucose would be better. I weigh 235...about 15%bf....is 50 grams enough...or should I drink more??

After I drink the carbs I drink a 600 cal shake loaded with protein and MCT's...very little carbs in it, 6 grams sugar.
Working...
X