My 8th week 20 REP SQUAT ROUTINE progress..,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 8th week 20 REP SQUAT ROUTINE progress..,

from the first week till now ive added a total of 40 lbs--ea week alittle at a time--and always completing the full 20 reps--its a killer--i always feel i,m not gonna make the 20--but,sometimes i,ll stand there for 3 min and breathe,with the bar still on my back, then i manage to get another one out--i look forward to it all week.
    also--i,m in my 3-4 week of 750 test e/fina 150 eod and d bol 50 mgs
    also--i started cardio almost 2 months ago--20 min 3x weekly-- i put this off cause i want to stay big-and i wanted to keep my 18 1/2 ' arms--i always thought the cardio would reduce them-but since i need the cardio to fight high bp--i have to do it--plus ,my stomach could be tighter--well heres the good part--yesterday iweighed my self and even though my waist is much slimmer,i,m still 230 lbs(6')--so i guess its all the added muscle in the quads from doing the squats--it definitly shows---so summers coming and im totally psched with my stats.I know i,m no big bb(although my wife and kids think i,m huge) i feel great for a 50 yr old.

congratulations on sticking with it. maintain a good diet and training routine and you won't lose your arm size. lets not forget to rest.

good job!!
    "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Well done, Tugs. You're huge in my book for stickin' with the 20 reppers.

Be careful standing there for that long. My guess is that you've got your knees locked and might be close to passing out, not just from the lifting, but b/c you're not getting good blood flow back to your brain! (Of course poor brain blood flow is why you do the 20 reppers, right?...

-R
      The Book Has Arrived!
      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Great job-20 reppers are a bitch. I am doing them myself.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

Awesome job, Tugs...I just started doing those 20 reppers and that shit sucks...I dont know why I even opened the thread as I knew what was coming. Anyway, keep it up!

Oh, and dont you mean 50 yrs young?

-slide
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

hey humonculas--yea--i,m holding it there and my legs are locked--so i will watch that--i,m thinking about tweaking up the 20 repper--a guy named iron addict who i hooked up with for training said this--instead of holding it there after the 10 th rep until you get your breathe back try racking it--you ll be able to breathe so much better and be able to pick it up and do another rep even quicker-- so in other words rack it ea time,breathe like 30 to 60 secs and do another until youve finished 20--he said the most important part of this new style is that you ll be able to add more weight quicker--and that will give more results--what do u guys think?? i hate to switch things around now cause i just got into this groove with the 20 reppers--but than again,i dont want to be stubborn and not learn--what to do??

Comment

Originally posted by tugs
              hey humonculas--yea--i,m holding it there and my legs are locked--so i will watch that--i,m thinking about tweaking up the 20 repper--a guy named iron addict who i hooked up with for training said this--instead of holding it there after the 10 th rep until you get your breathe back try racking it--you ll be able to breathe so much better and be able to pick it up and do another rep even quicker-- so in other words rack it ea time,breathe like 30 to 60 secs and do another until youve finished 20--he said the most important part of this new style is that you ll be able to add more weight quicker--and that will give more results--what do u guys think?? i hate to switch things around now cause i just got into this groove with the 20 reppers--but than again,i dont want to be stubborn and not learn--what to do??
              Tugs,

Actually you're just doing a rest-pause set when you stop (pause) this long. A great way to train, but better if you standardized the rest-time (ala DC training). Otherwise you may be getting more reps simply b/c you rested longer. Hell, I could do a 20 repper with my 1 RM (or just below it) if you gave me 10 min to rest in between...

My opinion:

Do a 20 repper w/o stopping for more than 2-3 breaths.

OR

Pick a rest-pause paradigm (dictating # of RP sets, rest in between) and stick with that.

-R
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Working...
              X