My little carb experiment today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My little carb experiment today

I'm at the point of needing to get things really kicked in gear. Ive had some suggestions from one of our IM Guru's that Im on the low side of my carb intake.
    Im going to follow a suggestion to carb up for a couple days . I started this afternoon. I had maybe a half lb of pasta with sauce today at 2pm . Im aware of the sodium content , so I thought Id try something for fun, I didnt drink any fluids from around 2pm until 8pm and continued with some more carbs.....It's funny...
    In 6 hrs my "hardness" increased incredibly...I, obviously, was very depleted. My training was almost supercharged feeling and I got a pump like I havent had in months....very interesting....

Maybe this will kick things in high gear for me...although Im still clicking off about 2lbs per week.......I broke down and weighed tonight....

Thanks for the great input...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...

Oh yea, for those of you who have seen my recent pics....I was instructed to place the photos in evryroom and corner of my house for motivation by the same GURU..... Hes a sadist...
    SweatMachine
    (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

great to hear. aint it great being a member of a great site like this with guys who are in the know!
    time is the best teacher, to bad it ends up killing its pupil

Comment

Sounds like one very sick puppie you're dealing with there, Sweaty. Exactly what this sport calls for... LOL.

-R
      The Book Has Arrived!
      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Yea what you said Randy... you should try this guy out on your next contest prep. maybe you'll shows some more striations next time, you "walking greys anatony chart" MF'er

Im not sure he'll approve of your lucky sneakers though
        SweatMachine

Comment

Originally posted by SweatMachine
          Yea what you said Randy... you should try this guy out on your next contest prep. maybe you'll shows some more striations next time, you "walking greys anatony chart" MF'er

Im not sure he'll approve of your lucky sneakers though
          That would only be b/c he does not truly understand the fat-burning potential of the lucky sneakers:

They inhibit lipogenesis
          They stimululte lipolysis.
          They increase adipose blood flow
          They cause adipocyte apoptosis
          They even are thought to thin the dermis itself.

THEY ARE THE ALMIGHTY SNEAKERS!!!!!!!!

-R
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus
            That would only be b/c he does not truly understand the fat-burning potential of the lucky sneakers:

They inhibit lipolysis
            They stimululte lipogenesis.

-R
            bet they smell too. :kick:
            -KidRok-
            "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
            5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok
              bet they smell too. :kick:
              Just like bacon, Baby. Sizzlin' that fat away... ;^)

-R
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

oh jeeeez I just got a very vivid visual as well as olfactory image.....
                SweatMachine

Comment

Im still eating about 3 times the carbs and Im seeing nothing but improvement.

I wonder if I can actually lose fat eating 300g of carbs per day?
                  SweatMachine

Comment

My first show I ever did I was eating 300g of carbs and 300-350g of protein a day. It can be done but I did a shit load of cardio too! Never again!

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus

They inhibit lipolysis
                      They stimululte lipogenesis.

-R

Those lucky sneakers are becomming your trade mark

Comment

Originally posted by SweatMachine
                        Im still eating about 3 times the carbs and Im seeing nothing but improvement.

I wonder if I can actually lose fat eating 300g of carbs per day?
                        Yes, but only if I send you the sneakers... LOL.

Seriously, you sure can, but you need to consider energy balance.

If you, take in 400g protein and 300g carbs, that puts you at 2800 kcal / day. For you (250lb) this is just about right for fat loss.

BUT, this would be dry as hell. You also would fell pretty crappy w/o some fat in your diet. Your hunger might (not always) be greater, too.

Some people can get shredded with low fat diets, others can't.

The topic of carbohydrate content in the diet for a comp. bb'er is a HUGE topic.

I'll tell ya this - the research goes both ways, but it seems that low carb works better than low fat for more than 50% of the people I've spoken with...

-Randy
                        The Book Has Arrived!
                        The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Bro, I think Im a low carb guy....
                          but, the last 24 hrs of carbs have made me look leaner. I giess from filling out the muscle, yes? My skin feels thinner too.

Im going to do 2 more days at 300g carbs then drop to 200-225 for a couple then back...I was cycling carbs but betweeen 225 and 125....evidently , too low. I actually feel pretty good about this new carb level....I give it a couple weeks. I got time.
                          SweatMachine

Comment

Sounds like a plan, Sweaty. It's been a while since you've dieted like this, so you'll need to experiment a bit to find out what works...

Plus, the technology of nutrition has improved quite a bit, like the discovery of the kilocalorie and the use of heat to prepare food...

<Sorry, Bro, couldn't resist...>

-R
                            The Book Has Arrived!
                            The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

AWWW DAMN, no you just didnt.....

Theres a select few of "YOU PEOPLE" that just aint gonna let me forget how long its been..... Thats juts wrong.......
                              SweatMachine

Comment

Working...
                              X