Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on o carb protein shake before cardio????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on o carb protein shake before cardio????

This really wont do me any good since im done with cardio for the next yr and a half lol, but id like to address this anyway.

Cardio on an empty stomach is supposedly the best time to do cardio to burn fat when prepping for a show. My problem was, soon as I started cardio, I started dropping more fat, but muscle also. Would it hurt my fat burning ability at all if I downed a 0 carb protein shake before cardio in the morning?

try some glutamine and/or bcaa's. I know at least for me personally I'd probably get nauseaous with a protein shake before cardio.
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

before i run in the mornings i make a shake with 5 OZ of water and 23 grams of whey. i wait 15-20 minutes then run. if i do a big shake i feel like pukeing like KR said
      time is the best teacher, to bad it ends up killing its pupil

Comment

Um if your cutting for competition, as i meant not sure if you did, then shouldnt you be doing a medium paced walk rather than running? A walk surely couldnt make u wanna puke could it?

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok
          try some glutamine and/or bcaa's. I know at least for me personally I'd probably get nauseaous with a protein shake before cardio.

i agree 100%, 5-10 grams of each before hand will spare muscle tissue.

tpc
          TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

On the weekends, I run for 45 min on the treadmill in the a.m. I take a multi-vitamin and 3 bcaa's about a 1/2 hour before. Works great for me. No nausea!
            TRAIN...because it's in your blood, EAT...because you need to feed the machine...and REST to grow for the next day of INTENSITY!

Comment

Working...
            X