X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IM^
    replied
    Originally posted by homonunculus
    Given your occasionally, shall we say, slightly "long-winded" nature, IM^, I imagine KR and I would only be "beaming" at the camera if we were comatose from the toxic fumes emanating from your "speaking orifice." LOL.

Actually, there have been times during the weeks after a show when my gaseous output was high enough that I might have been able to learn to talke outta my ass.

-R
    Long winded? Damnation man, I was restraining myself. How dare you? Next time I will unleash the full power of my oratory in your direction - from BOTH my orifices. This will ensure your full and complete satisfaction from the stimulation of as many senses as possible - smell, sight, sound and possible paranormal experiences that may result from the pungent atmosphere surrounding your inordinately large head and indecently wide nostrils. Pshaw!!

If truth be told, it would probably be far better for me if I learnt to direct any profuse gaseous output from my nether regions into a form of propulsion rather than a novel attempt at vocabulary; I doubt any further orations on my part would be well received by all and sundry seeing the current accusations which you dastardly rabble seem intent on flinging at me. There is no justice indeed!!

Leave a comment:

• homonunculus
    replied
    Originally posted by IM^

In closing, thanks to KR and Randy for their inputs in this situation as well - very appreciated guys. Damn, you know, when my ass does get on CNN, I could have you two as my sidekicks. Imagine the crowds watching my warbling buttcheeks as you two sit one one each side of me, beaming at the camera.
    Given your occasionally, shall we say, slightly "long-winded" nature, IM^, I imagine KR and I would only be "beaming" at the camera if we were comatose from the toxic fumes emanating from your "speaking orifice." LOL.

Actually, there have been times during the weeks after a show when my gaseous output was high enough that I might have been able to learn to talke outta my ass.

-R

Leave a comment:

• In-Human
    replied
    I never use anything for pain in my elbows, I know what causes the problem and I can not just stop lifting due to a grip problem.

I use Electrostimulation 15 minutes with ice two times per day and I also use Ultra Sound for 6 minutes at 2 mhz. With in two weeks my problem is gone and I concentrate on how I grip the bars when benching to keep this problem from reoccuring.

And no Deca does not work for me, I do not use it...

Leave a comment:

• IM^
    replied
    I honestly never meant for my post to be taken badly Prot. I was just clarifying some things that you made in your post that might have been misinterpreted by others reading it. I was not criticizing what you were saying, I was merely limiting the boundaries of your definition. For example, when I said "this is wrong obviously" I was referring to your broad classification of the nature of the problem of tennis elbow not to your analysis of your own ailment. In fact, a little deeper into my explanation I said (or well, attempted to, because I certainly seem to have been misunderstood) that the symptom in one person cannot be reproduced in another. Meaning that YOUR type of tennis elbow (ie: which muscles and tendons exactly were involved, the type of injury and degree of inflammation) will not necessarily be the same as that presenting in another patient, even though a customary glance by an inexperienced eye might show these conditions to be the same. What I was trying to explain is that your version (for want of a better word) of tennis elbow would have responded to a particular type of treatment, while another patient's tennis elbow might not. The whole point being that treaments are not reproducible in different patients. There was nothing wrong at all in what you said; indeed it was very pertinent to your situation. I just didn't want Dm2613 and others who might have the problem to read your comment of "does not respond to rest" and use this as a justification for further training (you know how we bodybuilders are), leading to probable further injury. As I already said, rest does not heal the injury, the first thing it does is reduce the associated inflammation, which in itself, is counterproductive to healing. Physical therapy is what will heal the injury and the type of therapy/treatment given can only be ascertained by direct examination of the injury in question (as Randy said). NSAIDs may be necessary sometimes as inflammation may not respond to rest, thus necessitating the need for external, chemical help. (Again, all I meant to say here is that they may or may not be required, again depending upon the case - there are too many people who immediately pop a pill into their mouths in response to every imagined ailment.)

Again my apologies if what I said might have been misconstrued in any way. It was definitely not intentional, so please keep on posting. We need intelligent input here, albeit input that sometimes requires tailoring to the audience at hand.

And I do wish I had a talking ass, I'd be damned rich if my gluteal muscles and anal sphincter could formulate the spoken word. I can almost see the headlines on CNN already: Boy with the Bantering Butt or Guy with the Gallivanting Glutes. Incidentally, a lot of my posts will contain ribald remarks so the one about Crank's wing wang was only just another one made in such a vein. It seemed to have contributed to your opinion about my post having been an attack on yours - not the case at all. No offence was intended sir. Please get used to my style of writing, I may talk like an ass in the opinion of some but I do mean well.

Hopefully, that clears up this issue which I had no idea I was going to raise.

In closing, thanks to KR and Randy for their inputs in this situation as well - very appreciated guys. Damn, you know, when my ass does get on CNN, I could have you two as my sidekicks. Imagine the crowds watching my warbling buttcheeks as you two sit one one each side of me, beaming at the camera.

Leave a comment:

• homonunculus
    replied
    Originally posted by Prot
    I really don't believe in rest for any injury as it allows the area to compensate with calcification or atrophy. I have found regimes for my knees and my shoulders so that I am able to work around temporary soreness and rehab the injury with nutrients as blood is kept in the area. Anyway this is the way I do it because I cant stand not working out and being inactive.
    Hey Prot,

Glad we didn't lose ya. [Now I can bust your balls a bit - no rest for "ANY injury" (emphasis mine). How 'bout a broken leg?... LOL]

I think the factor in your rehab programs that can't be conveyed online is that you have been working with your body for 40 years now and know intuitively how to gently train it back into shape.

I have been working around injuries for years, too and know just what you're talking about.

Alpine,
    I'm not a PT, but you're right, ionto is a nice way to adminster cortisone w/o a physician present. This would require that you're in a clinic and the treatment is administered by someone who knows what she/he is doing. Cortisone is powerful stuff.

Maybe rad can tell us: I would imagine that those machines are controlled medical devices (as well as the pre-packaged drugs that they administer)?...

-Randy

Leave a comment:

• alpineslide
    replied
    I've had a tendonitis problem in my shoulder and have been seeing a physical therapist. She does a thing called iontophoresis ( sp ) and it seems to have helped.
    It basically is a form of cortisone that is applied externally and uses electrical impulses to penetrate through the tissue down into the tendon....if Rad sees this perhaps he can explain better.

I would think this would be beneficial for tennis elbow as well....again ask Rad or another physical therapist.

Leave a comment:

• Prot
    replied
    THanks Homo

for the clarification.. Actually I continue working out every time this has occurred..the tennis elbow but I go lighter on the triceps work and do't do full extensions. But honestly this forearm protocol has worked for me several times and others I have suggested it to. The original article was supposedly written by Franco Columbo. I used wrist curls and reverse curls at first but found grippers were better as they pump the whole forearm and warm up the area well. I keep them nearby and use them several times a day until I'm better. The tendonitis aches when you first start but the pain subsides right away as you pump up the area. It honestly never takes more than a week for it to be "rehabed".

I really don't believe in rest for any injury as it allows the area to compensate with calcification or atrophy. I have found regimes for my knees and my shoulders so that I am able to work around temporary soreness and rehab the injury with nutrients as blood is kept in the area. Anyway this is the way I do it because I cant stand not working out and being inactive.

Leave a comment:

• alpineslide
    replied
    What Rad said....he da man !!!

Leave a comment:

• homonunculus
    replied

Warn me all you want but I only signed up to make a helpful suggestion to dm..otherwise I would have just read the board. Too many people lurk these boards talking out of their asses and stacking up posts about other people's penis' and not really contributing except to attack other's suggestions to make themselves look intelligent.
    Hey Prot,

I actually think your protocol was a great contribution to the thread.

I was a bit concerned about the statement that, "tendonitiis in elbows...Does not repond to rest." This is pretty much a absolute statement that I have found not to be true.

Interestingly enough, it sounds like - if I'm reading you right - your pain was on the outside of your elbow ("tennis elbow"), but you trained the wrist and finger flexors, which attach on the other side of the elbow. If you were to avoid other exercises during your week-long rehab protocol, it sounds like you would be training the oppoosing muscles and actually *resting* the muscles that attach where you had pain... (?)

So, I am sorry if I got too technical, but there are certain topics (rehab, nutrition, bioenergetics, pharmacology, etc.) that often require this on the web. This is why I asked were your pain was and pointed out the difference between tendonitis and arthritis, etc. [Frankly, w/o an exam, its damn near impossible to get much info. worth a shit when it comes to many kinds of musculoskeletal pain, IMHO. Without at least using the correct anatomical terminology, its even more difficult...]

I think if you read IM^'s posts, you'll find that he *is* a VERY intelligent guy and customarily responds with very high minded language. This is part of his charm and wit. (I mean that with some seriousness.) He wasn't, I don't think, trying to make put you down in any way.

I'd like to have you around - it sounds like you've been in the game a while.

-Randy

Leave a comment:

• radical_P
    replied
    Lateral epiocondalitis is from the extensor muscles becoming hypertonic. Intramuscular adhesions develop causing the muscles to fire incorrectly. This will then cause the tendonous attatchment on the lateral condyle to pull away from the bone covering. Rest is a good idea. Message can help as well. Advil will help to keep any inflamation from continuing to irritate the area. Stretching is also very important. You would hold your arm out in front of you and bring your palm in towards your body. With your other hand pull your loose grip fist in. It should feel good. Hold for 30 sec and repeat through the day.

Leave a comment:

• Kidrok (Hop)
    replied
    Prot, it's simply a difference in opinion, it's not a personal attack. Don't get me wrong, we want you to post your ideas and experiences, we encourage it, all I'm saying here is keep it civil.
    KR

Leave a comment:

• Prot
    replied
    I disagree

Originally posted by IM^
    This is wrong obviously. 20 year old articles are not a good source of information. The rest and ice and NSAIDs won't make the tendinitis heal, they will make the inflammation dissipate, which is the first treatment goal. After which, the treatment to cure the cause of the tendinitis can start. And yes, the forearms do need to be strengthened in tennis elbow, but so does the tendon itself. Tendinitis of this type is often an RSI and not simply an imbalance of the musculature which is, more often than not, too slight to make a difference in short range motions of the arm. It is a multi-stage treatment - don't confuse one stage and the other.

Let's get this one point straight - I dislike the idea of people turning to drugs as an instant cure to every ailment - real or imaginary - they may have. This instant gratification ideology sticks in my craw like nothing else. Medicines have their place in treatment and I have absolutely no issue with the intelligent use of medicines. NSAIDs, like anything else, should be taken when you need them. Sometimes you may need them, sometimes you may not. One person not needing NSAIDs does not equate to someone else not needing them, even if the same ailment is concerned, and this also applies in a vice versa situation. Ailments are not a swappable, reproducible phenomenon; each case and each person is individual and should be treated as such.

This whole quote was an attack on my ideas, "This is wrong obviously. 20 year old articles are not a good source of information". In addition I mentioned not having to use NSAIDS and he took the trouble to use a long paragraph to say nothing but again try to make a point that I was wrong. I never inferred anything about anyone else but said this was my experience and I have repeated it many times over the years. The above blathering only confuses the issue and , while using "intelligent" language skills, is only an attack on my ideas and not helpful at all.

Warn me all you want but I only signed up to make a helpful suggestion to dm..otherwise I would have just read the board. Too many people lurk these boards talking out of their asses and stacking up posts about other people's penis' and not really contributing except to attack other's suggestions to make themselves look intelligent.

Leave a comment:

• Kidrok (Hop)
    replied
    Re: I gave my advice from experience

I have been training for 40 years and I read that article 25 years ago..and the solution worked. It has worked again whenever I started having "tennis elbow" again. Just because an article was written 25 years ago doesnt mean its not valid...truth is truth. I tried rest and ice, meds, nsaids, etc.. the forearm work did the job in a week..none of them worked... I gave my advice to help but its obvious some people here think that criticising others ideas make them look superior. dm can try mine or try others but I gave the advice out of experience not out of my ass like some others here.
    Prot,
    Yes you stated your thoughts & experience and it's appreciated. However I do not see where you were critisized by Hom and IM presenting their thoughts & experience as there are many variables to consider when looking at actaully injury and plans of treatments.
    We encourage discussion of opposing views on the board but we do NOT tolerate flaming. Your comment "not out of my ass like some others here" is out of line. Consider this a warning.
    KR

Leave a comment:

• Prot
    replied
    I gave my advice from experience

I have been training for 40 years and I read that article 25 years ago..and the solution worked. It has worked again whenever I started having "tennis elbow" again. Just because an article was written 25 years ago doesnt mean its not valid...truth is truth. I tried rest and ice, meds, nsaids, etc.. the forearm work did the job in a week..none of them worked... I gave my advice to help but its obvious some people here think that criticising others ideas make them look superior. dm can try mine or try others but I gave the advice out of experience not out of my ass like some others here.

Leave a comment:

• homonunculus
    replied
    Originally posted by IM^
    One person not needing NSAIDs does not equate to someone else not needing them, even if the same ailment is concerned, and this also applies in a vice versa situation. Ailments are not a swappable, reproducible phenomenon; each case and each person is individual and should be treated as such.
    DING DING DING!!!! WINNER! WINNER!!! $1000 to the well-spoken man with the funky initials!!!

Well said, IM^!

Originally posted by IM^
    PS: I wonder if Crank ever recovered from his penis elbow...Crank?
    I doubt it - seems like the guy's chronically inflammed there and simply can't break out of his "overuse" pattern... LOL.

Frankly, I think the only cure might be to cast him - permanently.... LOL

-R

Leave a comment:

Working...
X