Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tennis elbow!! anyone had it?

hey guys,

i have been dealing with tennis elbow for about a month it hurts like hell only when i do certain exercises and others not much pain. what would you guys suggest to do?

thanks

I had tennis elbow, but I gave it to Cranken'stein. Problem is, it affected his penis not his elbow so now he has to piss sideways...

Tennis elbow is basic tendinitis - it needs rest and a lot of it. Otherwise it will never go away. Rest and ice it, take NSAIDs if necessary.

Comment

I agree, it needs rest. That means you wont be able to do a lot of the things your used to. But if you dont, it can't get any better.
      Please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyes

Comment

rest is the only thing that will really help it. Also its one of those injuries that once you had it, it will always be there lurking, waiting to pounce on you at any moment!
        -KidRok-
        "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
        5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

A good bodyworker can help tremendously - I've seen it happen personally. Acupuncture may be helpful, too. YOu will have to reduce activities that irritate the area, but its worth a go.

-Randy
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Yeah man...definately go see an acupuncturist....they may be able to help. Acupuncture is still a relative unknown here by the mainstream but it is gaining in popularity. It is an excellent therapy with no sides, time tested in the East.
            [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
            Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Hey Kid - how was your acupuncture treatment?...

-R
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

dm2613, I have Tendenitus in my left elbow from many years of wear and tear in the weight room. Major cause if you bench is when you wrap your thumb around the bar and your hand bends backwards, sort of Carper Tunnel Syndrome. That causes stress to your tendons in the elbow.

To rememdy this is to keep your wrist straight through out the pressing movement and if at all possible do not wrap your thumb around the barbell...
                "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

If it's a fairly fresh tendinal injury (he said about a month), he may be damaging it permanently if he continues to train on it. Rest, ice and NSAIDs are still the best option for now. Acupuncture is another possibility (Randy seems to love sticking pins into people doesn't he? ). He can continue training on it of course, but a permanent elbow tendinitis is not a good idea of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus
                    Hey Kid - how was your acupuncture treatment?...

-R
                    It was working! Had 3 treatments last week. He thinks I actually have a slight bicep tear not tendonitus. For the treatments to be 100% effective I was told I would need to also rest it 2-3 weeks but can't do that. So we're just kind of going for pain management right now and healing slowly until I get done with the show.
                    Unfortunately with the work schedule this week I haven't had the time to get in there at all!:chair:
                    -KidRok-
                    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Bummer. Sounds like you should be OK once you get a rest.

Glad to hear its workin', though.

-R
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

tendonitiis in elbows

Does not repond to rest. This is basically an imbalance caused by the forearm muscles not being as strong or as trained as the upper arm. Read an article over 20 years ago on this after using RICE and butazoladine(sp?).

Basically the forearms need to be worked and I have found that using a pair of grippers works best for me. I have also used high rep wrist curls and reverse curls but the grippers work best. Do some high rep work every day..I basically use grippers several times a day. It usually is gone within a week. I have experienced this several times over the years and this always works. Don't even need NSAIDS.

Comment

Originally posted by IM^
                          He can continue training on it of course, but a permanent elbow tendinitis is not a good idea of fun.
                          A very good point you raise, IM^. The intent of acupucture would not, (as I see it) be to mask pain to permit someone to continue injurious training in the face of the tendonitis, but rather to help heal the area, which would likely require at least reduced training and possibly changing the training regimen (exercise selection, volume, etc.) to prevent re-inflammation.

Originally posted by Prot
                          Does not repond to rest. This is basically an imbalance caused by the forearm muscles not being as strong or as trained as the upper arm. Read an article over 20 years ago on this after using RICE and butazoladine(sp?).

Basically the forearms need to be worked and I have found that using a pair of grippers works best for me. I have also used high rep wrist curls and reverse curls but the grippers work best. Do some high rep work every day..I basically use grippers several times a day. It usually is gone within a week. I have experienced this several times over the years and this always works. Don't even need NSAIDS.
                          Sound like a nifty protocol. Where is / was your pain?...

I would have to say that tendonitis "in the elbows" does and can respond to rest. Tendonitis is inflammation of a tendon, not arthritis, which is inflammation of a joint like the elbow. If the inflammation is due to overuse, resting it will help. This is not to say that a muscular imbalance may not precipitate the same pain once the old activities are resumed. (Actually, its pretty likely.)

It sounds like perhaps you are referring to tendontis of the common flexor tendon a/o medial epicondylitis?... DN2613 has lateral epicondylitis, which involves the extensor tendons, so it may not respond to your protocol.. (?).

-Randy
                          The Book Has Arrived!
                          The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

This is wrong obviously. 20 year old articles are not a good source of information. The rest and ice and NSAIDs won't make the tendinitis heal, they will make the inflammation dissipate, which is the first treatment goal. After which, the treatment to cure the cause of the tendinitis can start. And yes, the forearms do need to be strengthened in tennis elbow, but so does the tendon itself. Tendinitis of this type is often an RSI and not simply an imbalance of the musculature which is, more often than not, too slight to make a difference in short range motions of the arm. It is a multi-stage treatment - don't confuse one stage and the other.

Don't even need NSAIDS.
                            Let's get this one point straight - I dislike the idea of people turning to drugs as an instant cure to every ailment - real or imaginary - they may have. This instant gratification ideology sticks in my craw like nothing else. Medicines have their place in treatment and I have absolutely no issue with the intelligent use of medicines. NSAIDs, like anything else, should be taken when you need them. Sometimes you may need them, sometimes you may not. One person not needing NSAIDs does not equate to someone else not needing them, even if the same ailment is concerned, and this also applies in a vice versa situation. Ailments are not a swappable, reproducible phenomenon; each case and each person is individual and should be treated as such.

Comment

PS: I wonder if Crank ever recovered from his penis elbow...Crank?

Comment

Working...
                              X