TEAMSKIP Protein Blend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEAMSKIP Protein Blend

Skip, I'm curious as to your reason to include soy in the TEAMSKIP blend. Thanks.

hmmmm

maybe for the isoflavones and its rate of digestability
    RIP my friend -KidRok

Comment

I thought the negatives outweighed the positives with Soy.

Comment

well

maybe as a whole like free wt are better than universal, but in a blended type i believe it has benifits.
        RIP my friend -KidRok

Comment

I thought it had been shown that even as little as 20g a day has a negative impact on thyroid. The blend has 17% soy per 25g serving. If you were using 2-3 50g shakes a day, you would be falling into the harmful range. That's not even including the fact that it has been shown to lower T levels.

Comment

I apologize if I sound harsh. I'm just curious as to the rationale behind Skips thinking. I'm just here to learn.

Comment

well

i wonder if the same people that say we should limit salmon intake determined the thyroid condition with 29 grams..... Every breast cancer center highly recomends the use of soy .. so its a case of he said/ she said..... I think Beverly the KING OF PROTIEN ( there claim) have soy in one of there products who knows. one thing is for sure soy isnt cheap.
              RIP my friend -KidRok

Comment

Good things about soy: may lower Cholesterol, may have some anti-ox effects, bad= may affect thorid, estrogen levels. I don't think any of info is 100% tested

Comment

DP has it covered.

Yes, there are QUESTIONS about soy and estrogen and t levels...

So, that is exactly the reason I started using it. Why? Because I am a fucking guinea pig, that's why. lol I take something that I hear and I don't believe it. I try it, experiment with it, fuck with it, etc., then I come to my OWN conclusion on it. I did this with soy.

My personal experience and that of some clients (not a ton but more than several) has not been at all negative but rather positive. First, I took in soy as an approximate total of about 1/2 of my protein powder for the day for about 5 months. 1/2 of my powder protein totals is about 125g of protein from soy. I figured this would show, at this high dose, whether it would have negative affects or not. I had no estrogen problems and in fact was tighter this offseason than in any offseason previously. No, it wasn't directly because of adding the soy BUT it did not make it difficult to either stay lean or relatively hard. No added water bloat, digested quite well and didn't cause as much gas. I also did not notice a decrease in t function. Now, that does not mean that it did not happen BUT like I said previously, I stayed plenty lean, was hard and wasn't holding water - not exactly sides from a decreased t3 function.

I also add that I use this blend for my prep and for my client's prep for drinks other than postworkout. The soy is a very small part of the blend as the blend has fast acting protein, medium and much slower proteins like soy and egg white protein. My guys are almost all on at least some small dose of t3 so decreased function during their prep wouldn't be an issue, even if this was true of soy. Same would go for any small increase in estrogen. Even if there was some small increase of estrogen, I would doubt that it would be significant enough in comparison to estrogen kickback from all of the test my guys are on and the anti e's that are countering it would have no problem controlling it, either.

I suppose that I MIGHT not recommend a high intake of soy, as a precautionary measure, to a natural competitor who was small - lightweight or something like that. They might have a problem before others would. In the end, I have seen absolutely NO indication as far as conditioning goes, for low levels of soy being detrimental to conditioning.

Remember too, the soy makes up only 17% of the total blend. That means something like 4g of those 25g of protein per scoop, are soy. If anyone is uncomfortable with the levels, drop the soy. It is up to you. I am certainly not the "end all" when it comes to these things. It is just my opinion based on my experience.

Just my opinion but.......

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Ive always heard the main benifit to soy in a blend is the digestability , or slow digestion rate, which I assume would relate to insuline levels as well.
                    I concer with Skip.
                    SweatMachine
                    (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Am I an idiot where is the blend listed?

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug
                        Don't feel bad - I was looking for it on trueprotein.com and couldn't find it, either. lol

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Well, for those that might have problems with soy or just be anxious about using it, I am considering having an alternate TEAMSKIP blend that would replace the soy with calcium caseinate. As much as I love the soy, I have been getting a ton of guys asking me about this. It seems that either some guys are having problems with soy (not clients, though) and/or are just too anxious about using it so the alternate blend might make guys a bit more comfortable.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug
                            It's not on the website yet. You can still find it in the old thread where Skip posted it.

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...=&threadid=911

Comment

What about this for PW-
                              75% Ion Exchange
                              10% L-Glutamine
                              15%-Glute Peptides

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

Working...
                              X