Cardio in the am and then eating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardio in the am and then eating

On the weekend, I like to get up early and take some ECA on an empty stomach and then hit the gym for 30-45 minutes of cardio.

I'm wondering what everyone else does after the cardio. Do you immediately down a protein shake (preferably an isolate) and do you wait another hour or so to allow you're body to keep tapping into the fat.

I usually wait about an hour to have a shake and I'm wondering if I'm doing more harm than good.

Sounds like what I do as well...Take ECA on empty stomach..1/2 hour later doing cardio..ThenI wait 1/2 an hour to an hour for my protein...
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Takes me a 1/2 hour to get home so yeah I wait. You do take some sugar with your protien don't you? Otherwise it might just all go to glucogenisis.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

I never do cardio.

Comment

I would do an Isolate shake right away.After fasting while you sleep then cardio you burn fat great but your muscles are very catabolic so they need protein.We only want to burn fat not muscle.
          BIG

Comment

This debate will go down in the anals of bodybuilding dieting forever. I will say this: There are just as many "text book" reasons for not doing cardio on an empty stomach as there are experiences of doing cardio on an empty stomach and it working extremely well with no muscle loss. I much prefer trying something out and using the experience to evaluate what works and what doesn't. I have personally used cardio on an empty stomach and I have many clients do the same. It works beautifully. Of course, anything can be explained on paper and shown not to work but the reality is, it works and works well.

Just my opinion........

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Skip,I ment drink a shake right away after cardio.I wasn't saying not to do cardio first.I thought the question was should they wait after cardio for a while.

Comment

thats a good question---I have no doubt that doing cadio in the am on a empty stomach is the way to go--but your real question is the one I wonder about too--how long AFTER you finish cadio do you down a protein shake??
                If you down the shake right after the cardio do you end the fat burning process the cardio started??
                if you wait some time do u promote and keep this fat burning process that the cardio started??and if so,how long should u wait????I often wondered this question while i was downing my shake.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug
                  Takes me a 1/2 hour to get home so yeah I wait. You do take some sugar with your protien don't you? Otherwise it might just all go to glucogenisis.
                  Rugby - I do get some sugar after the cardio, usually it will come from a myoplex (which has maltodextrin) or from some other form of sugar.

Here's a couple of post- cardio meals.

4 egg whites (1 yolk)
                  bagel with tbsp honey
                  12 oz isopure

another

4 egg whites (1 yolk)
                  myoplex

another

1/2 cup oatmeal w/ tbsp brown sugar
                  12 oz isopure

Skip, I'm with ya on the different views on cardio...it's seems like every can be contradicted. For me, cardio on an empty stomach works best and not only that, but it goes to an overall well-being I get. I'm in better moods, energetic, and sometimes even nice to others!!! lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by big
                    Skip,I ment drink a shake right away after cardio.I wasn't saying not to do cardio first.I thought the question was should they wait after cardio for a while.
                    I wasn't responding to your post as much as I was responding in general to the topic, bro.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                    Instagram: @intensemuscle
                    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

you are still burning fat after you stop cardio.... Ive heard as lpng as 1 hr after.
                      It stands to reason NOT to raise your insuline levels by eating carbs immediatly after doing cardio, allowing the suppresion of insuline levels to help continue the burning of fat stores...
                      This is my thinking anyways. I may be wrong.
                      SweatMachine
                      (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Working...
                      X