Randy - Need Weekend Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy - Need Weekend Update

How did the weekend go, can you give us some updates please.

and of course pics...
    Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right
    person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose,
    and in the right way, that is not easy.
    -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Comment

Where has Randy been?

TH
      For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

Originally posted by Trulyhuge
        Where has Randy been?

TH
        At Redrocks' show.
        -KidRok-
        "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
        5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

He was with me, yelling his balls off! Passed out from the post-comp sushi and a little chicken escapade that I sent him on...I'll share this story, its hilarious...
          I won't make excuses except that this is my first show and I was nervous as hell, excited and a little scattered. I had my chicken in the fridge on Friday before we left and he asked me if it was enough. I was sure that it was what I had eaten when we practiced...but sure enough, Friday night around 9 we're in the room and I'm running out of chicken. Well, he calls the hotel kitchen and asks them to cook six chicken breasts in a pan with NOTHING on them-no grease, etc. They say they'll do it-FOR $8/chicken breast...but what are we going to do? So he heads to the bar and runs into some other competitors who are having their complimentary glasses of wine and aren't sure what pro-tan is, but that's another story ;-)...the cook gives him the chicken breasts and they're covered in spices and stuff! Its a challenge to follow directions, apparently...so then we wash off the top layer (peeling off the top layer of meat) and manage to salvage the feast...until around 4/4:30, when the sink starts to overflow! He heard it, I didn't and he thought, dang, she's peeing it all out, she's gonna be super dry...then looks over and I'm in the bed next to him! We got a plunger and cleared the sink out, and I was dry as sandpaper Sat. morning! Thanks to everyone for letting me have him for the weekend...check out the pics, too-they're in the member's photo section!
          Eat it today, wear it tomorrow...

Comment

"What is the hell is this green Shit?..." Damn spices all over the chicken...

I was a bit peeved to pay $50 for 6 chicken breasts that weren't even cooked properly. LOL. (Plus, I had to hang out in the bar with a couple numbskulls b/c it took an extra 15 min. to cook the shit.).

Redrocks WON that show. No if's, and's or but's about it.

However, Redrocks also got the official screwing by the judges that often comes with a BB'ing show.

Due to my technical fumblings (tryign to use her camera when the itsy-bitsy little blue button was in the wrong spot and pressing the wrong record button to take stills), we don't have many digitals yet. When we get others, they will show that RR was the leanest woman of the show, with only 1 other competitor close to her. (She was trained by a guy I compete against locally - it was pretty funny "competing" against him backstage, as we're pretty good buddies.) She was also the heaviest of the competitors (remember, this is a natty show), but NOT the tallest.

There were 3 heavies - RR, her true competition for the class, and a 3rd woman who, to use the words of a buddy, looked just like "some housewife." By the time of the nightshow, RR was drier and adding a little carbs and water to her (with some sodium) had her seeing veins she didn't know existed. (She was suffering pretty good, but having a blast, which is a good sign.)

They've lined the heavies up to go backstage and we're talking about pose-down strategies for the OVERALL. None of the lightwt.'s or the middle (there was only 1) were even single digit BF%. The only class in question was the heavies. The housewife, who we'd seen earlier chatting away with half her color washed off, not pumping up, and eating chips and the other shit they had sitting out, was not to be found. THEY HAD to go find her in the crowd when it was time to bring the heavies to the backstage area.

The heavies go out, posedown for the overall (while I fumble with the camera again and scream my ass off). They call RR's competition as 3rd for the class!!!! Total BS (!!!), but at least good for us... Now, RR is a shoe-in for the heavies and the Overall is hers... or so we thought...

Then they call RR as the 2nd place "winner" and the crowd was totally flabbergasted. At least a half dozen people who had heard me yelling for her told me she got robbed as I skirted backstage.

Backstage we talked ot the housewife's husband who was equally flabbergasted, and sincerely sickened by the judging standards. He knew that the call was BS. He probabaly considered how his wife had prepared and, given that RR weighed MORE at the weigh-ins, was SHORTER, and was MUCH LEANER, realized what a mistake the placements were.

We talked to the head judge who fed RR a VERY ELOQUENT line of BS in saying she needed more muscle "density" to beat the housewife. I asked if basically her ramblings were stating that RR needed more muscle MASS, which she confirmed. Amazing how a LEANER, SHORTER, HEAVIER competitor can lose out in the MUSCLE MASS department to a FATTER, TALLER, LIGHTER competitor who was had no color or oil and had been feasting on chips before the night show b/c she KNEW she was outclassed.

RR kicked some major butt all-around. First show presentation was awesome. Nice posting routine. Good color. Great conditioning. We were told by 1 judge that her suit was too loose, which is easily remedied. (It was a custom-fitted suit by a woman who has been doing this for many years - go figure.)

We need to work on making good transitions even better with more of a feminine flair. This goes for minor adjustments in poses, too - to emphasize symmetry more. Lower body fat will need to be stripped a bit, too which will come when she has gained some muscle. There's plenty of room for growing on this young lady. (She's pulling 275 in partial deads now during the weeks before a show, weighing in the 130's - imagine... LOL)

Most important, RR has the competitive fire and love for this crazy shit. That's the most important ingredient by far, IMHO. This little judging incident it seems, is par for the course. It happened to me a couple years ago here with the same set of judges and I can already tell its set a fire under her ass just like it did under mine.

I'm proud as hell of her. She was her same sweet self during the entire contest prep, even though I knew she was not feeling that way. She had her moments where I kind of had to push her out the nest to get her flying again, but she never gave up.

And she never will.

Congratulations, Redrocks. You won that show before the judges even saw you.

-Randy
            The Book Has Arrived!
            The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
            2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
            2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

congrats RR!
              Sounds like a funtime regardless of the F'd-up outcome! :rocker:
              -KidRok-
              "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
              5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Congrats to ya RR....and Randy too. Sounds like it was a lot of fun...something for the ages to be sure.

I can't remember who it was when we were all at MC but they said "don't worry about the judges....it is the vindication by the audience that matters" (or something similair)...
                [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Thanks Randy & RR for the updates. Sorry it sounds like you got slighted by the judges, but congrats on going through everything you did to get ready for the show!!!

Comment

YEAAAAAAA!!!!!!

You go girl !! big applause to randy too...
                    SweatMachine
                    (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Thanks, Fellas. It was a blast, that's for sure. I can't wait to see redrocks grow now.

Now its Kid's n' Sweaty's turn. Can't wait to see some pics, Guys...

-R
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Congrats RR (and Randy)!!
                        "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Thanks everyone! I just stepped on the scale and I'm up 10 pounds...I'm hoping to compete around this time next year at least 10 pounds heavier than I was on Sat. I had an awesome workout last night, I'm hoping that my strength is going to explode over the next few months. I can train my upper body with really heavy weights pretty well, but am still working on managing heavy weights with my lower body. I've been doing stiff-legged deadlifts with 155 for what seems like a year, I want to get up to 225 for a set of at least 8 before I diet again!
                          I was told by the judges that I need more back width, and I'd love it if you guys can be critical and tell me what you'd focus on if you were me. Of course overall mass is important so I can train my butt off everywhere, but if you see a body part that really held me back, let me know. I know that I still had too much fat in my lower body, but like Randy said, as I get more muscle there it will be easier to get rid of next time around.
                          In the mean time, I'm taking in ~300g of protein and having a grand ol time in the gym-no more cardio for a while!!!!
                          I think I have a few more weeks to chow big time with Randy before he starts his diet, and we all get to see the Big Shredder in action! Thanks again everyone!
                          RR
                          Eat it today, wear it tomorrow...

Comment

That's great...sounds like you were the crowd favorite. It's amazing how judges score people sometimes. Makes you wonder who they know.

I'll take a look at the pics.

Comment

Congrats on your very first show!!
                              I won't comment on the judges this time. KR can tell you how much I bitch about them after a few of his shows.

Don't give up.
                              Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
                              Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
                              www.TrueProtein.com
                              *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

Working...
                              X