ISOM-OS January 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISOM-OS January 2014

INTENSE SET OF THE MONTH OLD SCHOOL .....
    Starting the year with a BANG!!!

RULES:
    1) For the month of January '14, the exercise will be......
    BARBELL CURLS
    Perform a single set, balls to the wall (ladies too) and NO rest-pause. The set should be performed during this month, not an old video (this is on the "honor system").

2) Making your video: www.IntenseMuscle.com must be in the title and noted at the end of the video either verbally or displayed...the full URL.

3) We do not want any music dubbed in, we want to hear the sounds of the gym, the sounds of clanking iron, pain and suffering, squirting blood and breaking bones!

4) Your video must be posted in the this January 2014 ISOM-OS thread.

OPTIONAL: Please also post it or link it to the IntenseMuscle.com Facebook page (and tag some of your friends....show off what ya got!!!!).
    Note: We understand that some have concerns over posting their set on FB, or do not have/want an FB account, so it is now OPTIONAL.
    Using FB is simply a way to build more interest in IntenseMuscle.com. We do appreciate those of you who post your vids without reservation.

Failure to comply with these 4 simple rules will result in disqualification.

Voting will be by the mod team only. We will look at overall effort and intensity taking into consideration the weight and number of reps. Form does not need to be perfect, but keep it safe!

Contest runs till January 31st. Winner will be announced 5 days after close out.

What is the prize you ask? Well let me tell you, the winner will be the proud recipient of a brand spankin’ new, IntenseMuscle t-shirt and…
    A membership title change to "ISOM-OS Winner JANUARY 2014”

It’s all about going back to the way we used to do it in the early days of IntenseMuscle.com. It’s about getting back to the challenge of showing that you are a badass simply to prove the point…not to win a bunch of prizes.

NOW GO SCARE SOME OF THOSE "RESOLUTIONERS!"
    Last edited by Hop; 01-09-2014, 09:45 AM. Reason: FB rule change
    -KidRok-
    "....because I won't accept that I can't."

www.TrueProtein.com --5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

Be sure to "LIKE" my FaceBook training Page: https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

I'm in.

Can it be part of a superset or done on a preacher bench ? Won't take me away from what I have written down much if so
    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
      I'm in.

Can it be part of a superset or done on a preacher bench ? Won't take me away from what I have written down much if so
      IMO, preachers are a different exercise than straight BB curls. As far as the superset, can you just record the BB curl part for us? That'd be perfect!
      -KidRok-

Be sure to "LIKE" my FaceBook training Page: https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok View Post
        IMO, preachers are a different exercise than straight BB curls. As far as the superset, can you just record the BB curl part for us? That'd be perfect!
        Will do
        "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

So IM members who don't have a Facebook profile are automatically disqualified?

Comment

Extra points for doing them in the squat rack?
            2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by SDMF View Post
              So IM members who don't have a Facebook profile are automatically disqualified?
              Let me clarify....we want it posted on FB to generate more visibility outside of our "little circle" here. There are some members who do not want their gym life posted on FB for whatever reason. We respect that, but it just means they won't qualify for the ISOM.
              If you do not have a FB account, maybe you should start one or do you have a friend or family member who will post it for you? If so, that is fine, as long as it is posted out there for increased visibility for the site.
              -KidRok-

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok View Post
                Let me clarify....we want it posted on FB to generate more visibility outside of our "little circle" here. There are some members who do not want their gym life posted on FB for whatever reason. We respect that, but it just means they won't qualify for the ISOM.
                If you do not have a FB account, maybe you should start one or do you have a friend or family member who will post it for you? If so, that is fine, as long as it is posted out there for increased visibility for the site.
                I think I can get someone to post it for me. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Dang! I was stoked! First day back today after a week cruise. Starting with B.B. curls.
                  But i don't do the darn facebook thing. Don't believe in it much...
                  Damn it.
                  Good luck to those who post up

Comment

Originally posted by fireguy10720 View Post
                    Dang! I was stoked! First day back today after a week cruise. Starting with B.B. curls.
                    But i don't do the darn facebook thing. Don't believe in it much...
                    Damn it.
                    Good luck to those who post up
                    For any of those that do not have a Face Book account and have zero interest in creating one, OR, have one and do not want to post the video through their account I will gladly post it for you on the IM facebook page after you post the video here. Providing that is OK with KR.
                    Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

Originally posted by mateus View Post
                      For any of those that do not have a Face Book account and have zero interest in creating one, OR, have one and do not want to post the video through their account I will gladly post it for you on the IM facebook page after you post the video here. Providing that is OK with KR.
                      That is very cool. Thank you.

I completely respect that some people do not have social media accounts but ... for the life of me I don't get it. I mean, even if you had a top secret job where it wasn't a good idea, you could still have a very private, small account that would still allow you to talk with family and very close friends and post your video to an fb page that would hardly get in the way of your job, career, etc.. I mean, it is only a workout video so it isn't like you are doing anything bad.

I get people all the time that don't want to get involved with social media because of their privacy but ... please. In 2 minutes I can find out your address, how much your house costs and your approximate income in that household. I was able to get a classmate's criminal record in less than 5 minutes without even paying for it. If you think not being on social media will keep your privacy you should probably reconsider that.

Again, I get it if you don't want to deal with it - that is your business but it is so common these days that NOT having a social media account is the huge minority.

Skip
                      www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
                      Facebook: Skip Hill
                      Instagram: IntenseMuscle
                      YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                        That is very cool. Thank you.

I completely respect that some people do not have social media accounts but ... for the life of me I don't get it. I mean, even if you had a top secret job where it wasn't a good idea, you could still have a very private, small account that would still allow you to talk with family and very close friends and post your video to an fb page that would hardly get in the way of your job, career, etc.. I mean, it is only a workout video so it isn't like you are doing anything bad.

I get people all the time that don't want to get involved with social media because of their privacy but ... please. In 2 minutes I can find out your address, how much your house costs and your approximate income in that household. I was able to get a classmate's criminal record in less than 5 minutes without even paying for it. If you think not being on social media will keep your privacy you should probably reconsider that.

Again, I get it if you don't want to deal with it - that is your business but it is so common these days that NOT having a social media account is the huge minority.

Skip
                        I agree regarding privacy and information, however, for me (I have a facebook but hardly log into it) I always thought that, who gives a fck what I am doing today/life in general, I am not interested in anybody elses life and I consider that they shouldn't be interested in mine, so I have no need to log into it. (Also, after getting older, It always struck me as retarded to posts photos of myself with a smiley face or a moronic pulled face and show people who don't give a sh!t what i look like or how great i look with my board shorts on.."dem gainz braaaaah, P.s Yes I take gear, not really, just protein shakes and creatineez" --it hurt writing that like a chimp)
                        The only reason i have kept it, is because I sometimes log in to see what offers are on the pages of t-shirt/supplement company's)

This isn't the reason I haven't taken part though.. I can't give any reason as to why I haven't posted (ok ok It's because I am lazy and couldn't be arsed taking 1 minute of my sexy super life to get my phone out and record, such effort :P).

p.s. I consider It selfish of myself, after all this site and the people who have contributed to it for free have done for my life and how I am as a person. So if a video of me doing a set of curls, gets a little more traffic to this site(after all it has done for me)..then fck it, I will even get a youtube account. It is the LEAST I can do. (and I should do a lot more)
                        Last edited by martin_h; 01-08-2014, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Youtube is a good option. Again, though, it is entirely up to you but not everyone on fb acts like a douche. lol

Skip

Sent from Skip's Samsung Note 2
                          www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
                          Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: IntenseMuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Please be sure to note the rule change, FB posting is now optional.
                            http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49429
                            -KidRok-

Comment

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/qC-qhGLPfrQ[/YOUTUBE]

Just about half way through the month, might as well get this started.

Comment

Working...
                              X