Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
    Honestly my CG benches are typically closer than in that video. However:
    1) I have insanely wide shoulders, so "close" grip to me is likely not the same as for someone else (pinkies on rings, which is what I used, is a little under shoulder-width for me)
    2) I wanted to use the Slingshot to make the vid more fun, and if I used it with a very close grip I would die.
    3) My elbows and shoulder are killing me, and doing very heavy CG presses right now would make me cry.

So there.
    I gotcha....my shoulders are fairly wide, so I'm actually curious to widen my grip. Maybe it WILL help my elbows.....my arms are also VERY long, so I'm thinking this may actually help....

I gotta watch the video again, cause I didn't notice the slingshot, at all....lol
    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

I totally had it fixed and then you edited it again
      thanks, appreciate it..........please teach me!!
      also what is or isnt close grip? i am not trying to have any type of documentation for perfect form or exercise selection, just trying to get bigger onstage. my elbows go where they go, and my triceps feel the best that way. i am sure i do other stuff weird too like drag curls and partial skulls.(other stuff i did today)... these would also be looked at as improper, but those rules are moot to me.
      ok just realized he was talking about the other vid.. I think?
      Last edited by c.m.; 05-24-2012, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
        I think its pretty obvious I wasn't trying to be disrespectful...it doesn't look like your hands are even inside your shoulders...maybe they are..but it doesn't look like it from that angle..for a competition that hands out prizes I just didn't think it was CG..sorry if you took that the wrong way..never once did I say I was stronger than you or anyone else on this board
        Mods can't win the ISOM, bud, so I'm not competing for anything. I put this up purely as a challenge to members. If you want to win a shitload of prizes, you'll need to bring something to the table.

Originally posted by c.m. View Post
        thanks, appreciate it..........please teach me!!
        also what is or isnt close grip? i am not trying to have any type of documentation for perfect form or exercise selection, just trying to get bigger onstage. my elbows go where they go, and my triceps feel the best that way. i am sure i do other stuff weird too like drag curls and partial skulls.(other stuff i did today)... these would also be looked at as improper, but those rules are moot to me.
        1) To embed a YouTube video, take the stuff after the = in the YouTube link, highlight it, then click on the little YouTube icon above the text window. VoilĂ !
        2) Close-grip is not well-defined. To me, "close" means anything closer than what I use for a competition-grip bench. It's a completely arbitrary distinction. The important thing is the closer your grip is, the more involved the triceps (and shoulders) become relative to the chest.
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

The important thing is the closer your grip is, the more involved the triceps (and shoulders) become relative to the chest.
          if your elbows can take it. thanks for the tips on the vids

Comment

One submission and one week left.

ProTip: We're not giving away SHIT unless there are more entries.
            kind of a douche

Comment

i .ll make another one

Comment

This version of CGBP was shown to me by the "Wise Old Man" aka Heckman. When I first saw him doing this, I thought WTF is that. He explained that it work the tri's really well. I stole it from him, and it really hits those tri's hard. Thanks Old Man, um, I mean Wise Old Man. lol!

P.S. Since Sammich shot a video for me in his under-roos, I put a tank on for him. Please overlook the gut!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzCMDPiNLVw&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]
                2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                  This version of CGBP was shown to me by the "Wise Old Man" aka Heckman. When I first saw him doing this, I thought WTF is that. He explained that it work the tri's really well. I stole it from him, and it really hits those tri's hard. Thanks Old Man, um, I mean Wise Old Man. lol!

P.S. Since Sammich shot a video for me in his under-roos, I put a tank on for him. Please overlook the gut!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzCMDPiNLVw&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBE]
                  people used to laugh till they tried it....nice set!
                  Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                    people used to laugh till they tried it....nice set!
                    Thanks. Isn't this the time of year that you guys go to France?

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                      Thanks. Isn't this the time of year that you guys go to France?
                      We've been here since the 18th and stay till the 9th :-) you don't think I would be up this late if I was home do you?..lol.its early morning sunday here!
                      Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                        We've been here since the 18th and stay till the 9th :-) you don't think I would be up this late if I was home do you?..lol.its early morning sunday here!
                        So your done with your workout for Sunday?

Comment

4 days left and we have TWO submissions.

:'(
                          kind of a douche

Comment

4 days left and we have TWO submissions.

:'(
                            Mines coming dont worry haha just gonna hold out till the end
                            2012 Muscle Mayhem Novice Middleweight - 1st
                            2012 Muscle Mayhem Open Middleweight - 1st

2013 Dallas Europa Open Light Heavyweight - 8th

Comment

Originally posted by WoodShred View Post
                              Mines coming dont worry haha just gonna hold out till the end
                              JESUS CHRIST WOODSHRED YOU'RE GIVING ME AN ANXIETY ATTACK
                              kind of a douche

Comment

JESUS CHRIST WOODSHRED YOU'RE GIVING ME AN ANXIETY ATTACK

LOL. Doing the set gave me an anxiety attack, almost a heart attack, depleted as hell and still smashed it out. I've had the video for 3 weeks but have just been creeping and no one has posted shit! lol I'll see what I can do but there are 31 days in may my friend
                                2012 Muscle Mayhem Novice Middleweight - 1st
                                2012 Muscle Mayhem Open Middleweight - 1st

2013 Dallas Europa Open Light Heavyweight - 8th

Comment

Working...
                                X