Todd Bertuzzi (Hockey Fans)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd Bertuzzi (Hockey Fans)

Did everyone see Bertuzzi sucker punch Steve Moore the other night??? I'm curious what everyone's opinion is on what Todd did and the punishment he got.

I do believe what he did was uncalled for and he should be suspended for at least the length of time Steve Moore is out...if not longer. I believe there is a place for fighting in hockey, but it should be face to face and one on one. It was cowardly to do what he did.

I can't even post about that in a rational way.

I saw it on ESPN......what a PUNK. He should be banned for life.

I am very suprised none of his team mates went after that guy.

Maybe there was some other stuff going on b/n them and he was retaliating......man, I can't even comment on it. I just can't believe a guy would do that......BAN HIM FOR LIFE!!
    [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
    Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Dumb ass-Bush League Move. The shit you expect playing basketball with the Bangers. Not Professional Hockey. Sure they should be able to fight. That wasn't a fight that was a back alley assault.

Log Book PIMP! It ain't a crime if it likes it!

Comment

I also agree there is no place in sports for this behavior...and I think that supsending him for the remainder of the season and playoffs, plus fining to the 250,000k was right. He has to apply for reinstatement next year...so the league is playing it right in my eyes.
        Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right
        person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose,
        and in the right way, that is not easy.
        -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Comment

If they reinstate this guy......man, that just ain't right. There is always risks involved in a physical sport, but this was the cheapest of cheap shots.
          I enjoy watching hockey-even though I don't know the rules-because it is fast, exciting, and dudes get JACKED.

I bet if Bertuzzi gets on the ice again he will have one coming. One indeed.
          [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
          Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

I am with SuperSport, I don't know what to say about it other than to say Bertuzzi has no fucking sympathy with his crying bullshit press conference from me. The GM of the Canucks and the coach can both kiss my ass as they are saying that the penalty is too stiff.

It was a retaliation BUT it was a retaliation for a solid, legit him on a Vancouver player. BIG difference.

I don't care what that guy has done for his community. If it happened here in Colorado and it was one of the Avs, I would still feel that he should be hung.

Skip
            ADD: With his aggressive cheap shot and all that crying, you think.... maybe.... Hockey might have a steroid problem, too?? I can see it on the front page in a few days "Bertuzzi geared to the gills - says it was the test that made him do it". hehe

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

If Crank does not respond then I do not think he's really Canadian!
              -KidRok-
              "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
              5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

What to say that hasnt already been said. It was a cheap shot and absolute BS...no place for that in professional sports. Earlier in the game didnt someone challenge Moore and he dropped his gloves and got some...nothing wrong with that. But to come up behind him and do that shit is a big time cheap move.

Its good to see him out at least the rest of this year/playoffs and has to reapply for reinstatement next year. Wonder if theyll let him back in? Id imagine so after anger management classes, community service, etc.

Skip..oh no, dont fuel the steroid problem..here we go all over again. Next thing it will be golfers (hey, they couldnt drive the ball that far in the 20's). The PBA tour...no way that guy can put that many revolutions on the ball...Badminton...that guy absolutely blasted the shuttlecock...(not to steal Mars Blackmons thunder but...)Its gotta be da juice.

-slide:
                "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

I know KR, I just looked in this thread to see what Mr Crank had to say.

I will say I'm here with winnie on this one. I feel the punishment was just about right.

Regardless of which, that was a bitch move and he's gonna be gunned for when (or if) he does get back on the ice.
                  Please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyes

Comment

NO SYMPATHY...Nuff Said:angry:
                    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Wow my response was even anticipated...... I feel so special.... LOL

You want it, here it is.....

What Bertuzzi did was cheap and cowardly...... It shows total disrespect for himself, his team, the league and the game..... This was not a heat of the moment thing... It was a premeditated attack, and tho I think the punishment is ok.... I would still agree with it f they banned him for life..... Cry for me some more you little baby.... If your gonna be a cheapshot artist then at least take responsibilty for your actions.... Tell the press your really sorry he got that hurt, you didn't mean to hurt him that bad, but you thought he deserved a good slap in the head..... Bertuzzi was facing moore just a few second before the cheap shot, and could have sucker punched him from the front since he knew he wouldn't fight him..... At least I would have a little more respect for him...... At this point I have none.....

Now.... On to Moore..... His check looked pretty clean tho it did look like he was trying to hurt someone..... Now don't tell me he didn't know some guys were after him..... everyone knew.... So.... IMO he should have faced the music like a man, took his lumps and been done with it.... running from everyone all game like a scared girl scout in the woods was just pathetic...... And if he had of manned up and fought someone early in the game then this whole thing would have been avoided..... It doesn't make what Bertuzzi did right at all, but I am just giving my opinion on Moore as well.....

Hope Moore gets better soon. Hope Bertuzzi gets his ass kicked......

Rant over..
                      ADMIN @ Fitnessgeared.com
                      MOD @ Worldclassbodybuilding.com

[email protected]

Comment

I saw it on ESPN as well.... WTF was that guy thinking?? Attacking someone from behind!!! I agree with the "ban him for life" penalty that he didn't get.
                        "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

yup.. like Heckman said.. No Sympathy!

Comment

Originally posted by crankin'stein
                            B]
                            Now.... On to Moore...... IMO he should have faced the music like a man, took his lumps and been done with it.... running from everyone all game like a scared girl scout in the woods was just pathetic...... And if he had of manned up and fought someone early in the game then this whole thing would have been avoided..... [/B]

crank - don't mean to correct you, but Steve did expect someone to come after him and he dropped the gloves......at 6:36 of the first period with Matt Cooke.

He faced the music and we all agree he did not deserve what happened to him.

I hope he has a full recovery!

Comment

Originally posted by mark mcgwire
                              crank - don't mean to correct you, but Steve did expect someone to come after him and he dropped the gloves......at 6:36 of the first period with Matt Cooke.

He faced the music and we all agree he did not deserve what happened to him.

I hope he has a full recovery!
                              MY BAD...... I must have missed that...... Thanks for telling me.... Well if he had already dropped the gloves, then I retract my statements about him.......
                              ADMIN @ Fitnessgeared.com
                              MOD @ Worldclassbodybuilding.com

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X