Trash to Treasure....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash to Treasure....

Ok, I have to brag about my garage sale find today. I stumbled upon someone's old record collection... I got some good ones & some that were just too cool to pass up. For $2 I got

Iron Butterfly
    The Best of Bread
    Billy Joel
    Willie Nelson
    Led Zepplin
    The Who
    Pink Floyd
    Rod Stewart
    The Doobie Bros.
    Barbara Streisand
    Don McLean
    Supertramp
    Jim Croce

I almost got the Barry Manilow & Judy Collins records but some old lady really really wanted them... so I did the noble thing & traded her for the Willie Nelson & Barbara Streisand.

I really wish I had a turn table now! That's my next garage sale mission.
    Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

AI, I've got a stack of LP's that were my in-laws. I'm debating finding a record player or just going out and buying a new one (Foleys is selling them a'la retro/vintage players). Have the Elvis Moody Blues album (its blue!), but its scratched. Gonna make some form of wall art with it.

Just have to add. The construction behind our house today is a party instead with a live band rockin' out and folks walking around in costume. Thinkin' about opening the windows to really hear it but its still 90+ degrees out. Blah!
    "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
    Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

I forgot to add that the music behind us is classics, but in spanish. Different to hear. And they apparently have a base out there 'cause it sounds like one's moving up and down the scales. bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum...
      "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
      Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

How cool!!! I just called my mom & she still has the turn table from when I was a kid! I'm sooo excited. Plus she said I could have my dad's old albums too... He's got the good ones.

Love that hispanic music. We actually used to hear it alot here when the kitchen is closing up the restaurant or doing their opening prep. Hubby lets them put whatever music they want to get them motivated.

Comment

There's apparently a female singer for the band as well who just attempted Martina McBride's Broken Wing. I don't know why every female singer has to attempt that song. It's impossibly hard, designed to show off Martina's range, and not many folks can handle it. She didn't slaughter it, but she's no Martina.
          Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

bwaaaaaahahahaha!! That's funny.

I'm actually watching a show on vh1 called motormouth. Have you ever seen it? It's hilarious! They have a hidden camera in these people's cars and they are filming them singing at the top of their lungs in their cars... omg it's too funny

Comment

Working...
            X