Dawn of the Dead on DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawn of the Dead on DVD

Gonna watch it now....for the first time...ALONE!
    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

I remember the first thing I did alone. I was about 13.... It was dark....
    oops wrong site. LOL
    Enjoy the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by ntrllftr
      I remember the first thing I did alone. I was about 13.... It was dark....
      oops wrong site. LOL
      Enjoy the movie.
      "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
      Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

WOW! Good flick.
        Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

I thought it was pretty good too. Just saw it last night.

The original is still better and I'm glad they kept some of the "real gore" in this new movie.
          COLORADO NPC CONTEST SCHEDULE, RESULTS AND PICTURES
          www.jefftaylor.com

Comment

I actually liked the first one better in SOME ways but the sequel has its pluses too...like good acting. I thought the ending was pretty much believable. AND I LOVED THE FACT THAT THE ZOMBIES COULD RUN! It changed the entired dynamic.
            Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Future: You ever live in CO? You resemble someone I knew here, just wondering.

The running zombies are cool.

I like the whole "walking zombies" thing too cause it makes it more "eerie" for me. I guess it's kind of like those dreams where someone is coming at you slowly and you're trying to run but can't get away.

With these "running" zombies I think it's funny that they aren't coordinated enough to open a door but can climb, run and mangle people.

That was one of the things I liked about 28 Days Later, the "zombies" were more capable which made them more scary. Too bad the second half of that movie flopped and was horrible compared to the first half.

I think this new Dawn of the Dead was great, esp in a time where we don't have good horror movies any longer.
              www.jefftaylor.com

Comment

Nope. I have lived MANY places but not in CO.
                Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Cool...NM then
                  www.jefftaylor.com

Comment

Nope. I have lived in Ohio, Indiana, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Florida and Alabama.
                    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Future,
                      Haven't seen the new one, but the original was ok.
                      On the Zombie note.....one of the most unsettling zombie type flicks I've seen would have to be "The Beyond". That's the European version. The American version is called "Seven Doors of Death" (some of the gore is censored out in the US version). It has some editing problems (because it's a speghetti horror, directed by Fulci), but it really creeped me out. I think it was made around 82 or 83. Didn't much like it myself, but heard it's pretty well thought of as a "good" flick in horror circles.
                      -JF

Comment

I will look it up on Netflix. THANKS!
                        Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

The trailer looks sort of corny but I HAVE to see it.
                          Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

never saw dawn.. but i did like shaun of the dead. stupid but funny.
                            www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by Future
                              The trailer looks sort of corny but I HAVE to see it.
                              Yeah, it has plenty of corn moments (mis-spelled english, plot gaps, story inconsistencies), but the over-all mood is creepy and unsettling. Try and get "The Beyond" and not the "7 Doors of Death". The Beyond has all the original sound track and gore that Fulci intended. Sheesh, the 7 Doors version doesn't even use the directors real name...I think it's changed to Louis Fuller or something like that to sound "more" American.
                              -JF

Comment

Working...
                              X