Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents

Hey everybody whats up. I was just wondering for the parents out there that have kids if their kids know about there steroid/hormone use, and what they think or thought about it when they first found out. Thanks alot

GR03

mine do not know.
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Have they ever asked you about them or mentioned them at all to you.

GR03

Comment

This a very interesting topic, I know MD back when I used to read it, did an article on it, sometime in 2002/2003.
        Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

I think another point to make is how do you approach the subject to your kids when they do get older and begin to ask.
          Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

I don't touch the stuff.....hey wait why is my nose growing! He does not know. There will be a time and place for that....Like when he's old enough.
            Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by GyM RaT 03
              Have they ever asked you about them or mentioned them at all to you.

GR03
              1 of the 3, my 16 yr old, came home early one day a few months ago while I was filtering my latest project. He see's the vial and syringe and cringed saying "uggg needles".
              Quick thinking on my part I said "yeah I agree, this is vit B12 I need to filter out some particles before I drink it. And look at the size of this needle(18g x 1.5) I would not want to have to stick this in me!"

I think he bought it as he never asked any questions. He is a wrestler too so I will expect it from him 1st.

Now if they approach me about it, I will probably say yes I have used them a few times (kinda like "but I didn't inhale" ). And if they'ree asking because they're interested in trying I will explain what they do, the risks and hopefully be able to make them wait a few yrs. Once they're old enough(IMO 21 or more with at least 2 yrs serious lifting under their belt) I would rather share my experience with them to try to keep them safe. I did enough experimenting on my own yrs ago, no need for them to be human guinnea-pigs too.
              -KidRok-
              "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
              5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

I cringe at the thought of this. As careful as I am, I worry about the one day that I am not careful.

I have thought about this and thought about this and I still haven't come up with an answer that I like. What will I say? I have no idea. I had a very close friend go to prison about 7 months ago and he has another 5 months to go before getting out. I could NOT bring myself to be truthful with my 12 year old about why he went to prison (gear) because I just knew that she would immediately think that I was doing the same thing and then worry about whether I was going to go, too (which was hardly the case). I decided to just explain to her that it wasn't my place to say what he was in for but that he was not in for victimizing or hurting anyone and that there are some laws that just shouldn't be laws. She kept asking if he stole from someone and things like that. It really bothered me because she knows him as a great father and person and now I am sure that she is thinking that he is not that great of a guy.

I even found myself telling her a lie about having insulin in the fridge a year or so ago. I told her I had diabetes but that it was mild and I only needed the insulin on occasion if my diet wasn't right. I still feel fucked up about that one. I won't ever TELL my kids anything but I sure hope I never get so careless that they find something out. You have to know that if they see a needle they probably would think that you are mainlining heroin or crack before they would think of steroids.

There are alot of things that children don't need to know about. This is just one of them.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: @intensemuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I have also thought about what would happen if they did see something, went to school and told a friend or two and they told their parents, etc.. Holy shit.

Or....

My daughter is getting to the age that in a few years she could say to a boyfriend that wants to workout and get big to check out her dad's website. He comes here, starts reading and getting all worked up, gets a source somehow and gets caught by his parents and then my name comes up.....

Let's talk about something else.....

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

My oldest knows that I give myself Dr Prescribed Test shots for HRT, that's the extent of it.
                    She needed to know in case she ever saw a syringe in my medicine cabinet.
                    Lift big 2 get big
                    TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
                    mod at bodybuilding.com
                    mod at iron-forum.com
                    mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
                    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
                    "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
                    Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Comment

This is a pretty scary topic that i brought up isnt it lol. Skip what you just wrote actually scared me lol.

GR03

Comment

Doesn't this fall into the group of dreaded questions about drinking, smoking, and sex, etc.? I'm not attempting to preach or push my beliefs on anyone, but here I go anyway. These are simply my thoughts on these tough questions. To each his own.

How old were you when your parents first lied to you and you knew it? Did you think they thought you were stupid or did you think they were stupid? Don't think that the other kids parents watch what they say about you in front of their kids who tell your kids who ask you and then you say no you don't and they are left wondering who's lieing. That sucks for your kid.

At this point we're going to go with painfully honest for all questions. Our oldest is only pushing 9, but I've already gotten questions on smoking (no I don't), drugs (generalized yes I have way in the past, followed up with discussion on the dangers), sex (thank goodness not the mechanics, but the emotions of a physical relationship), tattoos (yes, they hurt like hell to get and you can't have any until you're over 18 and have thought about it for at least a year) and the most difficult, I think, alcohol. How do you talk about the dangers of it when you've got beer bottles in your fridge, a bottle of Jack in the cabinet and you have a beer with dinner when you go out to eat? Don't drink and drive kids, like we just did. I tell them about the dangers, what it can do to your body, etc.

Cussing was extremely easy. You can say what you want when you're 16, but only use the words correctly, not for obnoxious effect. They sing along with Toby Keith putting boots in asses, but they don't call anyone an ass so I'm not worrying.

I'm trying to not answer for The Munster. We mostly agree on things, but these are my opinions.
                        "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
                        Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

It's only thanks to my steroid usage that I DON'T have kids....LMAO
                          Massive G
                          Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

so FH you are permantly shut down.

GR03

Comment

nope....
                              Massive G
                              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Working...
                              X