Used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used

Hey everyone. I needed to rant a bit. A couple of you already know what's going on. But, as these events unfold it gets harder and harder to stay positive. So please bare with me as I go off, typing this stuff out is really therapudic for me.

My husband is a general manager of a tex mex restaurant. We lived in SE Tx last year, where he was working for a tex mex rest. The owners took over a new rest. up here in NE tx & gave my husband this rest. to run. Well, after 8 months of working 85 hr weeks, the owners have decided to shut this rest. down for good. They told him Thursday & made him shut it down last night. He wasn't allowed to tell his employees until after their shift last night.

THEN, after all the tears & shock of having to fire all his employees last night, the owners make my husband & his boss pull an all-nighter. Yup, the owners are skipping out on their lease & they had my husband and a few other guys stay & tear down EVERYTHING in the restaurant. All the tables, fixtures, EVERYTHING. So, my husband didn't come home last night. He is still at work loading everything into a U-HAUL so the owners can redecorate another restaurant 45 min. down the road. AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

All he got out of this all nighter was a club sandwich. :angry:

I'm trying to stay focused on the positives.... He still has a job, but it's in a restaurant almost an hour away from our house. This other rest. has more managers already so his hours will be less too & he'll be spending more time with the family. They didn't cut his pay either & actually gave us some extra money to get a new car so he can make that drive safely.

But, I still can't help feeling they used him.
    Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Let me add... the reason for the restaurant being shut down is because of an owner dispute. The numbers were up & sales had never been better. So, my husband was doing his job better than most GM's IMO.

Comment

Sorry to hear this AI. But when one door closes, another door is certain to open up and be even better. I believe everything happens for a reason. As tough as it may seem right now, its sure to get better once all this crap passes.
      Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Maybe he should start up his own resturant?

I'm not helping, huh?
        Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
        Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
        www.TrueProtein.com
        *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

AI, there's also the other chain I've mentioned. Tillman owns everything. It'd be worth a look once things have settled down a bit.

Give Donnie a hug for me. (Once he wakes up from working all night)
          "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
          Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

corporate america sucks! I don't care what business it is management always seems to be looking to screw the employees to make themselve the extra buck!
            -KidRok-
            "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
            5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Thank you guys. I just got back from the restaurant. It's so sad. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes in disbelief. They took everything out. EVERYTHING... there is nothing left. They even took the handles off the doors!!!!

TLM - I've given him tons of hugs already & there are lots more to come. I'll be sure to sneak one in there from you too.

We have to believe there's something positive that's going to come out of this. Just not sure exactly what that is yet.

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok
                corporate america sucks! I don't care what business it is management always seems to be looking to screw the employees to make themselve the extra buck!

KR, you hit that nail right on the head! Which is exactly why after 21 years of corporate bullshit, I only answer to myself! I would never want to be back in that "box" ever again!
                Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok's Lady
                  Maybe he should start up his own resturant?

I'm not helping, huh?

We have thought about it. That's really what he wants to do. Unfortunately, finding a money man or woman is the hurdle. One of these days.....

another upside... at least I have 20lbs of free chicken in my freezer.

Comment

Hang in there AI, you guys will pull throught it.
                    Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman
                      Sorry to hear this AI. But when one door closes, another door is certain to open up and be even better. I believe everything happens for a reason. As tough as it may seem right now, its sure to get better once all this crap passes.

Good advice. And true.

KR makes a good point....corporate America is the pits.
                      [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                      Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

I'll say it again.....corporate america sucks.
                        -KidRok-
                        "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                        5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok
                          You got that right.
                          International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                          Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by american idol
                            Thank you guys. I just got back from the restaurant. It's so sad. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes in disbelief. They took everything out. EVERYTHING... there is nothing left. They even took the handles off the doors!!!!

TLM - I've given him tons of hugs already & there are lots more to come. I'll be sure to sneak one in there from you too.

We have to believe there's something positive that's going to come out of this. Just not sure exactly what that is yet.
                            That really sucks for you guys. What are your options?

I actually worked for a gym that did something somewhat like that when I was 19. They "remodeled" over the weekend. Then they were gone.
                            International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                            Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

At the moment, the options are slim. He's starting to think about starting a mgmt recruiting business but, like I said it's just thinking. Following through with it will be hard. Between the 2 of us I'm the optimist, he's the pesimist (sp?).... he likes to call it being realistic. I'm always trying to find the silver lining while he's trying to figure out why this is happening to him. I'm telling you, this is really hard to stay positive. We keep getting one blow after another. At least I know they can't eat us.... but they do chew us up & spit us out.

Comment

Working...
                              X