X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lanaroady
    replied
    Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
    You must live and die by it and it must consume your soul lol redadair https://www.redadair.com
    Jk

Honestly interested as well in responses
    Its just the fact you can elaborate with the things you justify directly or indirectly

Leave a comment:

• intheflesh
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

This was a post from years ago and since then I have been forced to focus on social media even more. My approach has been to post once or twice per day so that the content that I do post, people will find useful or entertaining vs. annoying or repetitive. Even now, it's a different world (social media) than it even was when I posted this in 2015. I shouldn't have dismissed social media from the start. I was just plain wrong.

Skip
    True. It is powerful but flooded these days. It’s like the Dot Com bust imagine being there at the start.

Many of those accounts are automated with fake replies to comments and messages. It’s great if you are 22 F, dog mom, loves to travel, Macha drinker, posts daily squat videos. Then the kingdom of social media is yours in 2019. Lol

I could never feel comfortable posting about myself. Just seems so weird to me.
    Last edited by intheflesh; 08-10-2019, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ken "Skip" Hill
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
    I don't know if I agree with the approach I'm about to mention but it undoubtedly happens and usually works. Frequent posting and also networking like you mentioned. Bombarding people with posts on social media is akin to that damn little commercial jingle you can't get out of your head. Nationwide is on my side!

But think about the sites or people you can easily remember off the top of your head. They post. Alot. Everyday.

Now I said I'm not sure how I feel about it because I've always been a quality over quantity guy and I know you are too. Which this site does well too. And I'm not suggesting you alter your principles, but it seems posting things, anything to help get you name out as often as possible. Combine with the network aspect. You'd be surprised how many people will follow you just because you followed them. Sort of an unspoken reciprocity clause or something.

Just an idea. Maybe post pics like you mentioned. Success stories or testimonials. Old articles you've written over the years. Memes. Even current events in the fields of BB, PL, et. Like recaps of shows, cool videos of record attempts etc..
    This was a post from years ago and since then I have been forced to focus on social media even more. My approach has been to post once or twice per day so that the content that I do post, people will find useful or entertaining vs. annoying or repetitive. Even now, it's a different world (social media) than it even was when I posted this in 2015. I shouldn't have dismissed social media from the start. I was just plain wrong.

Skip

Leave a comment:

• intheflesh
    replied
    old post bump. I don't do social media, all my coworkers love it. I prefer a private life. It is one of those things, right place at right time. 2019 it is cooked.

Leave a comment:

• Shawn "Future" Bellon
    replied
    I did a repost for you to see.

Leave a comment:

• Shawn "Future" Bellon
    replied
    Well the hash tag actually would benefit them unless they post your hash tags as well.

Leave a comment:

• Ken "Skip" Hill
    replied
    Originally posted by Shawn "Future" Bellon View Post
    Also be willing to ask Elite and True Nutrition to reshare your posts etc. That can help alot when clients reshare as well. More of a word of mouth approach.
    I always hashtag both of them.

Skip

Leave a comment:

• Ken "Skip" Hill
    replied
    Originally posted by NaturaLPumP View Post
    If you want more IG followers you have to "#" the shit out of everything you post. I doubled my followers in a week by doing this, people spend more time searching than scrolling through their wall. If I can double mine yours should be 10 fold with the pics you post!
    I always use hashtags but they have always been ones that apply just to me. I am going to have to suck it up and start using the stupid ones like #fitfam and shit like that. *sigh* I hate this shit.

Skip

Leave a comment:

• nexa
    replied
    Originally posted by Shawn "Future" Bellon View Post
    Also be willing to ask Elite and True Nutrition to reshare your posts etc. That can help alot when clients reshare as well. More of a word of mouth approach.

This would be good.

Some of the stuff from EliteFTS come up on my feed and the discussion/likes are minimal. I think it's mostly training logs, though.

Leave a comment:

• NaturaLPumP
    replied
    If you want more IG followers you have to "#" the shit out of everything you post. I doubled my followers in a week by doing this, people spend more time searching than scrolling through their wall. If I can double mine yours should be 10 fold with the pics you post!

Leave a comment:

• Shawn "Future" Bellon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ken "Skip" Hill
    replied
    Good info. Thanks everyone!

Skip

Leave a comment:

• nexa
    replied
    Originally posted by jasong View Post
    Unless someone very popular follows you and in turn people look to see who they are following and check them out as well.
    Or getting good results from training an athlete/model/whoever with a huge IG following can help as well.

Leave a comment:

• moco
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
    They certainly aren't the same. A lot of people are getting away from FB and those on Twitter usually aren't on IG. IG tends to be a younger demographic with a very short attention span. EG: Memes and pictures are huge on IG while on Twitter people will read articles/blogs, QAs, interviews, etc..

Skip
    I don't think it's just generational, but also the way that you like to consume information. I'm more of a visual person, and also more introverted. So twitter never really appealed to me. I'm not into making comments on things or sharing my views (I will occasionally comment on Facebook or IG, though rarely), but I do like photography/art/etc. I know that in this industry there isn't a lot of that, but I do also follow accounts on Instagram like Nat Geo, photographers, tattoo artists, etc. So IG would be the way to reach people like me, but what you post on there has to align to what they're looking for (but I'm not necessarily the 'model' user).

Leave a comment:

• Michael Travis
    replied
    Plus, I think you can link IG to facebook such that whatever you post on IG shows up automatically on FB.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X