Social Media help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawn "Future" Bellon View Post
    Also be willing to ask Elite and True Nutrition to reshare your posts etc. That can help alot when clients reshare as well. More of a word of mouth approach.
    I always hashtag both of them.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Well the hash tag actually would benefit them unless they post your hash tags as well.
      International Elite Raw Powerlifter
      Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

I did a repost for you to see.
        International Elite Raw Powerlifter
        Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

old post bump. I don't do social media, all my coworkers love it. I prefer a private life. It is one of those things, right place at right time. 2019 it is cooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
            I don't know if I agree with the approach I'm about to mention but it undoubtedly happens and usually works. Frequent posting and also networking like you mentioned. Bombarding people with posts on social media is akin to that damn little commercial jingle you can't get out of your head. Nationwide is on my side!

But think about the sites or people you can easily remember off the top of your head. They post. Alot. Everyday.

Now I said I'm not sure how I feel about it because I've always been a quality over quantity guy and I know you are too. Which this site does well too. And I'm not suggesting you alter your principles, but it seems posting things, anything to help get you name out as often as possible. Combine with the network aspect. You'd be surprised how many people will follow you just because you followed them. Sort of an unspoken reciprocity clause or something.

Just an idea. Maybe post pics like you mentioned. Success stories or testimonials. Old articles you've written over the years. Memes. Even current events in the fields of BB, PL, et. Like recaps of shows, cool videos of record attempts etc..
            This was a post from years ago and since then I have been forced to focus on social media even more. My approach has been to post once or twice per day so that the content that I do post, people will find useful or entertaining vs. annoying or repetitive. Even now, it's a different world (social media) than it even was when I posted this in 2015. I shouldn't have dismissed social media from the start. I was just plain wrong.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

This was a post from years ago and since then I have been forced to focus on social media even more. My approach has been to post once or twice per day so that the content that I do post, people will find useful or entertaining vs. annoying or repetitive. Even now, it's a different world (social media) than it even was when I posted this in 2015. I shouldn't have dismissed social media from the start. I was just plain wrong.

Skip
              True. It is powerful but flooded these days. It’s like the Dot Com bust imagine being there at the start.

Many of those accounts are automated with fake replies to comments and messages. It’s great if you are 22 F, dog mom, loves to travel, Macha drinker, posts daily squat videos. Then the kingdom of social media is yours in 2019. Lol

I could never feel comfortable posting about myself. Just seems so weird to me.
              Last edited by intheflesh; 08-10-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
                You must live and die by it and it must consume your soul lol redadair https://www.redadair.com
                Jk

Honestly interested as well in responses
                Its just the fact you can elaborate with the things you justify directly or indirectly

Comment

Hey Skip!
                  You and I talked on IG a couple of weeks back ( Cdecon is my user name).

So i am not a fan of social media and never have been i much prefer forums.
                  But i make 90% of my money (I do online coaching and have done so since 2009) from IG.
                  So now I spend a lot of time on there!

A few things....
                  1: Facebook is useless don't even bother.
                  2: IG is the best right now BUT get a Tik Tok account. I am currently making one and I am very confident this is going to be the next big social media platform.
                  3: I have 37k followers on IG (all of them real) and that's enough to make what I consider a very good living. I literally sold my gym so i could focus on my online all the time.

Here's a few things i find useful to build the following....
                  1: Use the stories more than the posts. You want to build a following of people watching your stories every day. This will build loyalty and people learn more about you. I make on average 15-20 stories per day. I have found that you should make at least 3-5 per day to keep the viewership high (If i post too much it gets diluted and my number of viewers will go from over 2k per 24 hours to 1k). I will often have new clients say "I have been following your stories for the past couple of months, i really like your content that's why i am hiring you.
                  Post stuff that you may not find interesting because other people probably will. I have a few different types of story: Pictures/updates from clients, pictures of my self, training from clients and my self, things about my daughter (soccer, BJJ, skating), my opinion on various fitness world topics and lastly i will make a few little jokes (usually i take a meme that already exists and just put my two cents about it). Keep mixing it up and don't just push your coaching all the time as people will lose interest.
                  2: Tag and collaborate with other IG accounts to get their followers following you. Example: I will tag Scott Stevenson (using him as an example as you know him) in a story. He will then have followers of mine click on his link on my story and then follow him. Then he can share my story about him on his story. That way it happens in reverse. Don't expect a huge amount of followers from each post. People generally report 10-20 new followers each time I tag them in a story. Here's the thing though, number of followers is cool. However, you want people that will hire and spend money. So 10 new followers via my account tagging you is going to have a more beneficial effect than if you get 200 random followers. You want specific followers not just high numbers.
                  3: If you decide to spend money on advertising. Keep in mind it cant be a post that is "body focused". Meaning any post of clients in trunks has never been approved when i tried to promote it. However, a video of me shirtless throwing a TV into a garbage bin (i know, i know lol) that was allowed. If you do spend money on promoting a post. Spend some money! I have only done the promotions a few times but i will put $200-300 on a post when i do. You want to reach A LOT of people to get outside of the "bubble" that your account is in. It's all about increasing visibility! You can do that by spending money on a well thought out post.
                  4: The biggest thing is tagging other accounts in your posts. That's the key. So post your clients picture on a story. Put a little bit of "Skip wisdom" in text above the picture. Then tag your client. 99% of the time your client will reshare that picture on their story.
                  5: Make info loaded stories every now and again. Chances are you will get it shared over and over which will build your following. Example: I put up a clip of my daughter doing some boxing with me. That was shared over 40 times (that's a lot of visibility ). So think outside of the box as far as posts go.
                  6: Appreciate that you're a niche character and play to that. What that means is, I know i will never have millions of followers. I am not a super attractive guy and my personality is strong and kinda "out there". But that also means that via 37k followers i can make a great living from it (I bought two Audi R8's last year, which ironically helped me get more clients lol).

Finally be SUPER WARY of anyone that wants you to hire them to do your social media. I get folks like that every day. Usually they want any where between $500 and 3k per month for this. Then you look at their account and they don't even have a good following. Sorry but if you cant build a following why would i pay you to build my following its asinine!

P.S. I think I used to have another account from around 2006-2010 i just cant remember the name. I then made this account back in 2010. This is the ONE board i barely ever posted on but i have read pretty much every post from the MODS on here as there's so much knowledge. I am just saying don't judge me on the very limited posts i have on here haha i went on here daily for many many years!
                  Last edited by Con; 02-06-2020, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I appreciate the detailed response.

I originally posted this a few years ago and since then have been doing more research and I agree about the advertising pictures. Anything considered sexual, won't be approved.

The only thing I am unsure on are the stories. I hate them. I think I have clicked on maybe 10 other stories in the last 2 years. I don't like that they are timed and when anything is written that has any length to it, I don't have enough time to read it all. Are you sure that the stories are more important than the regular posts? Am I the only one who can't stand the stories? lol

Skip

Originally posted by Con View Post
                    Hey Skip!
                    You and I talked on IG a couple of weeks back ( Cdecon is my user name).

So i am not a fan of social media and never have been i much prefer forums.
                    But i make 90% of my money (I do online coaching and have done so since 2009) from IG.
                    So now I spend a lot of time on there!

A few things....
                    1: Facebook is useless don't even bother.
                    2: IG is the best right now BUT get a Tik Tok account. I am currently making one and I am very confident this is going to be the next big social media platform.
                    3: I have 37k followers on IG (all of them real) and that's enough to make what I consider a very good living. I literally sold my gym so i could focus on my online all the time.

Here's a few things i find useful to build the following....
                    1: Use the stories more than the posts. You want to build a following of people watching your stories every day. This will build loyalty and people learn more about you. I make on average 15-20 stories per day. I have found that you should make at least 3-5 per day to keep the viewership high (If i post too much it gets diluted and my number of viewers will go from over 2k per 24 hours to 1k). I will often have new clients say "I have been following your stories for the past couple of months, i really like your content that's why i am hiring you.
                    Post stuff that you may not find interesting because other people probably will. I have a few different types of story: Pictures/updates from clients, pictures of my self, training from clients and my self, things about my daughter (soccer, BJJ, skating), my opinion on various fitness world topics and lastly i will make a few little jokes (usually i take a meme that already exists and just put my two cents about it). Keep mixing it up and don't just push your coaching all the time as people will lose interest.
                    2: Tag and collaborate with other IG accounts to get their followers following you. Example: I will tag Scott Stevenson (using him as an example as you know him) in a story. He will then have followers of mine click on his link on my story and then follow him. Then he can share my story about him on his story. That way it happens in reverse. Don't expect a huge amount of followers from each post. People generally report 10-20 new followers each time I tag them in a story. Here's the thing though, number of followers is cool. However, you want people that will hire and spend money. So 10 new followers via my account tagging you is going to have a more beneficial effect than if you get 200 random followers. You want specific followers not just high numbers.
                    3: If you decide to spend money on advertising. Keep in mind it cant be a post that is "body focused". Meaning any post of clients in trunks has never been approved when i tried to promote it. However, a video of me shirtless throwing a TV into a garbage bin (i know, i know lol) that was allowed. If you do spend money on promoting a post. Spend some money! I have only done the promotions a few times but i will put $200-300 on a post when i do. You want to reach A LOT of people to get outside of the "bubble" that your account is in. It's all about increasing visibility! You can do that by spending money on a well thought out post.
                    4: The biggest thing is tagging other accounts in your posts. That's the key. So post your clients picture on a story. Put a little bit of "Skip wisdom" in text above the picture. Then tag your client. 99% of the time your client will reshare that picture on their story.
                    5: Make info loaded stories every now and again. Chances are you will get it shared over and over which will build your following. Example: I put up a clip of my daughter doing some boxing with me. That was shared over 40 times (that's a lot of visibility ). So think outside of the box as far as posts go.
                    6: Appreciate that you're a niche character and play to that. What that means is, I know i will never have millions of followers. I am not a super attractive guy and my personality is strong and kinda "out there". But that also means that via 37k followers i can make a great living from it (I bought two Audi R8's last year, which ironically helped me get more clients lol).

Finally be SUPER WARY of anyone that wants you to hire them to do your social media. I get folks like that every day. Usually they want any where between $500 and 3k per month for this. Then you look at their account and they don't even have a good following. Sorry but if you cant build a following why would i pay you to build my following its asinine!

P.S. I think I used to have another account from around 2006-2010 i just cant remember the name. I then made this account back in 2010. This is the ONE board i barely ever posted on but i have read pretty much every post from the MODS on here as there's so much knowledge. I am just saying don't judge me on the very limited posts i have on here haha i went on here daily for many many years!

Comment

Ken,

I echo Con's post here - all good suggestions, IMO.

And, I think the "rants" that I see you post on FB - essentially your commentary and how you put it out there - will do pretty well on IG.

Social media (and the news) has a strong undercurrent of outrage. People like to get up in arms, high n' mighty, pissy, upset, and rant about things they don't like... To some degree. So calling out BS as you are very good at doing is something that I think will flow well...

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                        Ken,

I echo Con's post here - all good suggestions, IMO.

And, I think the "rants" that I see you post on FB - essentially your commentary and how you put it out there - will do pretty well on IG.

Social media (and the news) has a strong undercurrent of outrage. People like to get up in arms, high n' mighty, pissy, upset, and rant about things they don't like... To some degree. So calling out BS as you are very good at doing is something that I think will flow well...

-S
                        Fair enough. I appreciate the feedback. I will look into trying to figure out these damn stories. *sigh*

Skip

Comment

Working...
                        X