Social Media help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fade View Post
    I think it's content related, and frequency related.

Good content that people can expect daily leads to more followers.

FB is going to suck no matter what because they want to charge you to show the people that already follow your page.

IG is where it's at right now.

I feel old and lame... I don't have IG or Twitter... Am I missing out?!????
    "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
    ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
      Not on twitter. Twitter sucks

Instagram is a good time killer while you're taking a poo.
      Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
      FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
      www.316fit.com
      Email: [email protected]

Comment

^^ perfect! I'll install ✌😉
        "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
        ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
          I'm 26 and I don't have either. Just FB. I really don't understand the difference. FB does everything Twitter and IG do if I'm not mistaken.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
          *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
          •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
          *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

I thought Twitter was just the half way point between two body parts....

With instagram it seems like the correct hashtags bring in new people but as far as massive amounts I have no idea. Unless someone very popular follows you and in turn people look to see who they are following and check them out as well.
            2014 KC All Star Championships 5th novice mw
            2015 KC All Star Championships 3rd open mw, 3rd masters 40+
            2016 Branch Warren 1st masters 40+, 3rd open mw

Comment

^yeah - from what I can tell using the right hashtags, and a variety of hashtags, seems to be the key on IG.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
              2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
              2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
              2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
              2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

They certainly aren't the same. A lot of people are getting away from FB and those on Twitter usually aren't on IG. IG tends to be a younger demographic with a very short attention span. EG: Memes and pictures are huge on IG while on Twitter people will read articles/blogs, QAs, interviews, etc..

Skip
                www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
                Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: IntenseMuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Plus, I think you can link IG to facebook such that whatever you post on IG shows up automatically on FB.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                    They certainly aren't the same. A lot of people are getting away from FB and those on Twitter usually aren't on IG. IG tends to be a younger demographic with a very short attention span. EG: Memes and pictures are huge on IG while on Twitter people will read articles/blogs, QAs, interviews, etc..

Skip
                    I don't think it's just generational, but also the way that you like to consume information. I'm more of a visual person, and also more introverted. So twitter never really appealed to me. I'm not into making comments on things or sharing my views (I will occasionally comment on Facebook or IG, though rarely), but I do like photography/art/etc. I know that in this industry there isn't a lot of that, but I do also follow accounts on Instagram like Nat Geo, photographers, tattoo artists, etc. So IG would be the way to reach people like me, but what you post on there has to align to what they're looking for (but I'm not necessarily the 'model' user).

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                    2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                    2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                    2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                    2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by jasong View Post
                      Unless someone very popular follows you and in turn people look to see who they are following and check them out as well.
                      Or getting good results from training an athlete/model/whoever with a huge IG following can help as well.
                      #docswholift
                      PGY-1 FM
                      "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Good info. Thanks everyone!

Skip
                        www.TEAMSKIP.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Also be willing to ask Elite and True Nutrition to reshare your posts etc. That can help alot when clients reshare as well. More of a word of mouth approach.
                          International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                          Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

If you want more IG followers you have to "#" the shit out of everything you post. I doubled my followers in a week by doing this, people spend more time searching than scrolling through their wall. If I can double mine yours should be 10 fold with the pics you post!
                            Back in the Game

2006 OCB Richmond 4th
                            2006 OCB Pittsburgh 1st
                            2007 OCB Richmond 6th
                            2007 OCB Pittsburgh 4th

2015 Spartan Sprint OH 82nd out of 2500 Aroo!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn "Future" Bellon View Post
                              Also be willing to ask Elite and True Nutrition to reshare your posts etc. That can help alot when clients reshare as well. More of a word of mouth approach.

This would be good.

Some of the stuff from EliteFTS come up on my feed and the discussion/likes are minimal. I think it's mostly training logs, though.
                              #docswholift
                              PGY-1 FM
                              "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by NaturaLPumP View Post
                                If you want more IG followers you have to "#" the shit out of everything you post. I doubled my followers in a week by doing this, people spend more time searching than scrolling through their wall. If I can double mine yours should be 10 fold with the pics you post!
                                I always use hashtags but they have always been ones that apply just to me. I am going to have to suck it up and start using the stupid ones like #fitfam and shit like that. *sigh* I hate this shit.

Skip
                                www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

Working...
                                X