Social Media help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Media help

I have never put a lot of focus or attention on social media. I mean, I have a business page on FB, an IG account and a Twitter account but they have not been a priority and that is reflected in the "likes" and shares, etc.. I have neglected this form of PR because I hate a lot that comes along with it in this industry. However, it is to the point now that I need to focus on it this next year and build those areas of social media so that I can expand my reach/exposure, etc..

Problem is, honestly, I have little idea how to do this.

EG: I have seen a ton of dipshit-nobodies that don't know a damn thing on IG with 10k followers and 1k likes on everything they post and I have 50 likes on a good day and not even 1k followers yet. I certainly don't want to pay for followers as I know that won't help but how do I build a larger base? Is it as simple as following other people in the industry and then they will follow me back? Seems too simple but I want to get these numbers up substantially and as quickly as possible this next year.

Ideas?

Skip
    www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
    Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: IntenseMuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

I got rid of FB, but started IG recently (don't know if that makes sense), and it's crazy how often I see, "contact me for prep services." This is from guys and gals, who have done 1 show, placed 3rd in novice, and had abs...now they think they have enough experience to help others.

What makes me follwo certain people, is if they offer me something to learn or motivate. I bet if you posted your clients pics, you would get more traffic. Maybe before/afters. That seems like pimping out your clients, but i don't think it's uncommon.
    2005 HOA Natural Classic
    2006 OCB Midwest
    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
    2008 HOA Natural Classic
    NPC Mid-Illinois
    NPC Midwest Open
    NPC Natural Grand Prix
    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
    USPA Illinois State
    NGA Heart of America
    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Before and after pics always work - no doubt. I do find it cheesy but it sometimes does need to be done. I also post video, training pics, articles, links to log entries, etc.. I think the content is good but it may not be as frequent as it could be. I post something on average of every other day where I see a lot of people posting not only everyday but several times a day.

It could be a content issue - I can't be sure - but I tend to think that it is more social media "networking" because a lot of the people I see that are nobodies but have 10k followers aren't top physiques and they aren't providing any content - almost at all. It seems to be networking with following others.

Skip
      www.TEAMSKIP.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I don't know if I agree with the approach I'm about to mention but it undoubtedly happens and usually works. Frequent posting and also networking like you mentioned. Bombarding people with posts on social media is akin to that damn little commercial jingle you can't get out of your head. Nationwide is on my side!

But think about the sites or people you can easily remember off the top of your head. They post. Alot. Everyday.

Now I said I'm not sure how I feel about it because I've always been a quality over quantity guy and I know you are too. Which this site does well too. And I'm not suggesting you alter your principles, but it seems posting things, anything to help get you name out as often as possible. Combine with the network aspect. You'd be surprised how many people will follow you just because you followed them. Sort of an unspoken reciprocity clause or something.

Just an idea. Maybe post pics like you mentioned. Success stories or testimonials. Old articles you've written over the years. Memes. Even current events in the fields of BB, PL, et. Like recaps of shows, cool videos of record attempts etc..

Comment

You must live and die by it and it must consume your soul lol
          Jk

Honestly interested as well in responses
          I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
          I too like to live dangerously

Comment

What everyone said. Before/afters, some mini-take home points, an article link or two, etc.

Following others and contributing to conversations.
            #docswholift
            PGY-1 FM
            "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
              You must live and die by it and it must consume your soul lol
              Jk

Honestly interested as well in responses

No, but you do have to put some time into it. Mike spends a fair amount of time daily.
              #docswholift
              PGY-1 FM

Comment

I'm not too big on social media, but this is something I will think about and ask around. I need to be better about for business purposes as well.

I would be happy to contribute in anyway I can. Maybe tip videos or something.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                  .... Mike spends a fair amount of time daily.
                  Yeah but my time spent is usually just stalking...

Comment

Follow Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock. He does almost all his own social media and posts tons. It is a crazy mix of business promotion, workouts, crazy pics, fan stories/pics. He was voted amongst the best celebrities to follow on social media. Short, funny, eye catching looks into his life.
                    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

I think it's content related, and frequency related.

Good content that people can expect daily leads to more followers.

FB is going to suck no matter what because they want to charge you to show the people that already follow your page.

IG is where it's at right now.
                      Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                      FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                      www.316fit.com
                      Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
                        Yeah but my time spent is usually just stalking...

Hehehehehe walked right into that one!
                        #docswholift
                        PGY-1 FM

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                          I think it's content related, and frequency related.

Good content that people can expect daily leads to more followers.

FB is going to suck no matter what because they want to charge you to show the people that already follow your page.

IG is where it's at right now.
                          I have noticed this and refuse to spend more money on FB. I used to up to about a year ago and I simply won't anymore. Absolutely no return, at all.

Skip
                          www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

I got rid of social media cuz almost everyone on the Internet was too easy to piss off and has fragile egos.

Comment

Originally posted by Calipso View Post
                              I got rid of social media cuz almost everyone on the Internet was too easy to piss off and has fragile egos.
                              That may be very true but ... I have a business to run so I have to put up with it.

Skip
                              www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

Working...
                              X