Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perspective and dreams

[YOUTUBE]a5SMyfbWYyE[/YOUTUBE]

If you had a few months to live how would you go about living your life?

.................................................. ................................................ho w do you know you have more time? We are not promised tomorrow. So consider living your dreams today NOT TOMORROW.
    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Great video Shawn......its tough. Its the kind of truth that is undeniable and makesso much sense but isvery hard to implement in your own life.
    '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
    17 AAU Super Total
    '16-AAU Hi
    '15-USPA Metro
    '15-USPA State
    '15-AAU HI
    '14-AAU HI
    '14-USPA Metro
    '14-WABDL Sonny's
    '14-USPA State
    '14-HI Strongman
    '13-USPA
    '13-WABDL Sonny's
    '13-USPA State
    '13-AAU HI
    '11-USPA Metro
    '10-NPC Stingrey
    '09-NPC Islands
    '09-NPC Stingrey
    '09-ABA Islands
    '02-ABA Islands
    '02-ABA IronWorks
    '01-NPC Paradise Cup
    '01-ABA Olympia
    '01-ABA Islands
    '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
    '00-INBF Musclefest
    '98-NGA Ill
    '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

I would bang every broad that I passed on because I would hear shit from my friends.
      2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
        I would bang every broad that I passed on because I would hear shit from my friends.
        I bet that girl doesn't even remember you

Comment

I recently asked myself if I would be doing what I'm doing now if I knew my time here was limited. It is of course limited - whether it's one day or 60 years. The hypothetical time span of remaining life gave differing answers.

The longer I think I have to live, the more I am willing to try things I'm unsure about, things I want to do purely for the experience to see what it has to teach me about life and about myself, what opportunities it may bring that I've never considered.

The shorter time remaining scenario has me very focused on what I keep putting on the back burner when I get stuck or uncomfortable.
          2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
          2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
          2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
          2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
          2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
          2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

I don't want to sound like a cliche' dickhead but I can honestly say that I made this decision YEARS ago - probably when we moved to Colorado. I won't ever not take risks or sit and do something I do not want to do unless there is some absolute necessity at that particular time. There isn't anything I want to do that I am not doing right now that I can think of. I do understand that I may well be in the huge minority, though.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I only recently backed off the amount of hours I work. Some of you may still think I am crazy with all I have going on. But it has gotten far better and far more flexible. Things such as dinner at home with Jess and getting to the gym on certain days/times to hang with friends has just become more and more enjoyable and worth sacrificing some dollars for.

That said, things I do put in a decent number of hours and live by the "work hard, play hard" adage as we do enjoy nice things, traveling, etc. But I see myself only reducing more and more after school is finished to not only enjoy those big things but also the everyday little things that have been overlooked and sacrificed in my quest to "get it in now while I'm young".
              Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                I don't want to sound like a cliche' dickhead but I can honestly say that I made this decision YEARS ago - probably when we moved to Colorado. I won't ever not take risks or sit and do something I do not want to do unless there is some absolute necessity at that particular time. There isn't anything I want to do that I am not doing right now that I can think of. I do understand that I may well be in the huge minority, though.

Skip
                I don't think anyone would doubt by the fruits of your laboring that you live your dreams. You've been at the top of a cut throat business for a long time.
                Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                  I only recently backed off the amount of hours I work. Some of you may still think I am crazy with all I have going on. But it has gotten far better and far more flexible. Things such as dinner at home with Jess and getting to the gym on certain days/times to hang with friends has just become more and more enjoyable and worth sacrificing some dollars for.

That said, things I do put in a decent number of hours and live by the "work hard, play hard" adage as we do enjoy nice things, traveling, etc. But I see myself only reducing more and more after school is finished to not only enjoy those big things but also the everyday little things that have been overlooked and sacrificed in my quest to "get it in now while I'm young".
                  I bet momentum to just keep going right now is pretty important too. Once school is over your can adjust and reevaluate things.
                  Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
                    I recently asked myself if I would be doing what I'm doing now if I knew my time here was limited. It is of course limited - whether it's one day or 60 years. The hypothetical time span of remaining life gave differing answers.

The longer I think I have to live, the more I am willing to try things I'm unsure about, things I want to do purely for the experience to see what it has to teach me about life and about myself, what opportunities it may bring that I've never considered.

The shorter time remaining scenario has me very focused on what I keep putting on the back burner when I get stuck or uncomfortable.
                    So less time would make you confront more important issues in your life?
                    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
                      Great video Shawn......its tough. Its the kind of truth that is undeniable and makesso much sense but isvery hard to implement in your own life.
                      Yes. Application is hard but to keep that mindset you need to feed it. So motivational speakers, books and quotes can keep that fire and passion directed.
                      Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn "Future" Bellon View Post
                        So less time would make you confront more important issues in your life?
                        The issues are being confronted now, so more along the lines of figuring out the time management aspect of trying to get all the things done I want to do.
                        2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
                        2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
                        2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
                        2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
                        2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
                        2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

It is ultimately great advice because our time here is so short. However, it is ultimately very hard to apply. Especially as a young 23 year old who just quite has not found my path yet. But I do know what excites me so that is a great boost

Comment

Originally posted by carranoj25 View Post
                            It is ultimately great advice because our time here is so short. However, it is ultimately very hard to apply. Especially as a young 23 year old who just quite has not found my path yet. But I do know what excites me so that is a great boost
                            Whatever you do, don't wait until you're 40's to start following what you want. I've always wanted to lift weights and be a bodybuilder but was too embarrassed by what people's opinions of that...even my family's. So here I am at 43 years old and have been lifting off/on whenever I could for the past 2 years. I'm almost to old to get the muscle mass that I want because I'm still a newby as far as lifting and haven't even started a nutrition program yet. But I have to do this anyway, even if I fail miserably...at least I tried.

But you're 23...some people will say you have all the time in the world....DON'T LISTEN TO THEM. Do it now and you won't regret it later.

Comment

Originally posted by robecru View Post
                              Whatever you do, don't wait until you're 40's to start following what you want. I've always wanted to lift weights and be a bodybuilder but was too embarrassed by what people's opinions of that...even my family's. So here I am at 43 years old and have been lifting off/on whenever I could for the past 2 years. I'm almost to old to get the muscle mass that I want because I'm still a newby as far as lifting and haven't even started a nutrition program yet. But I have to do this anyway, even if I fail miserably...at least I tried.

But you're 23...some people will say you have all the time in the world....DON'T LISTEN TO THEM. Do it now and you won't regret it later.
                              And that is totally the point. Great response!
                              Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Working...
                              X