What's on your Christmas list??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's on your Christmas list??

What's on your list, gym and non-gym related???
    Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

I no longer have expectations for Christmas. 8 years ago my family pretty much split apart and I haven't had a Christmas with anyone but my mom since. And financially things went in the toilet in 2008 with the economy and my mother is disabled. I say this stuff not looking for sympathy, but actually we have become closer because of it all. Christmas is no longer about gifts, even though small ones are exchanged and I make sure I get my mom something she wouldn't otherwise be able to afford. But myself, I don't want anything but time with my mom. We don't do a traditional dinner. For both Thanksgiving and Christmas we do lobster and crab. It's our favorite together and it's usually on sale around holidays.

If I had to name something, it would be a large set of Craftsman tools so I could start working on my Nissan 240sx again. It's been sitting for 5 years and it's got a pretty spendy motor swap I shipped from Japan. I no longer have tools because I was forced to sell them all when things were tight. But now life is on the up and up.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
    *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
    •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
    *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

I could use some new wrist wraps

I start 4 weeks of surgery on 12/21 so I will probably be at the hospital
      #docswholift
      PGY-1 FM
      "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

I'm probably thinking a really nice coffee maker. You know, the kind you really wouldn't buy yourself because it's a waste of money.

I always have trouble with Christmas as I've gotten older. The things I want, I buy. If I can't afford it - it's too expensive for Christmas gifts.
        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
        www.316fit.com
        Email: [email protected]

Comment

I'll be getting
          1. Whatever my wife wants
          2. Whatever my kids want
          3. See 1 and 2
          I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
          I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
            I'm probably thinking a really nice coffee maker. You know, the kind you really wouldn't buy yourself because it's a waste of money.

I always have trouble with Christmas as I've gotten older. The things I want, I buy. If I can't afford it - it's too expensive for Christmas gifts.
            http://www.delonghi.com/en-us/produc...620-0132215101

My wife and I got this for a wedding present. (well this replaced the model we have) I was pissed at the waste of money.... but now if it broke I would buy another tomorrow. Totally spoilers you, the coffee is that much better.

You can even justify it with the savings. I used to buy coffee from the high end coffee places and now I can make a cup as good or better for couple bucks less a cup. That over a couple years makes the purchase price back

Comment

Beard oil. I have to grow a decent beard because:

1) I have a baby face
              2) I have to make up for my extreme male pattern baldness at 24 years old
              3) I'm one ugly motherfucker and it hides my face so I don't scare young children when I'm out buying groceries.
              The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Fleshlight.

It's like a flashlight, but better.
                Last edited by TLopez; 11-16-2015, 10:03 PM.
                2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Good for you Collabera!
                  I am not about the " stuff" either.
                  We have gotten older and secure in our careers and Christmas for me is all about spending good time with my family and friends and giving to folks with little ones and pets who need a little something...and of course some good cocktails for me 😋
                  "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
                  ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Originally posted by sampsellta View Post
                    Beard oil. I have to grow a decent beard because:

1) I have a baby face
                    2) I have to make up for my extreme male pattern baldness at 24 years old
                    3) I'm one ugly motherfucker and it hides my face so I don't scare young children when I'm out buying groceries.

I started balding around 20 but didn't realize it till maybe 22. After years of freaking out over my hairline I finally grew a spectacular beard and shaved my head. Best decision I have ever made.

I like the Gibs man scaper beard oil. Smells great and doesn't make my skin under my beard break out at all. Most other oils have.

*2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                    *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                      Good for you Collabera!
                      I am not about the " stuff" either.
                      We have gotten older and secure in our careers and Christmas for me is all about spending good time with my family and friends and giving to folks with little ones and pets who need a little something...and of course some good cocktails for me 😋
                      It's much less stressful when you make the holidays about quality time over gifting. Gifts still get exchanged but it's not an expectation anymore. This year, time willing, I will be giving back more and doing more charity work.

I am glad I am not the only one who is like that in such a material world.

Comment

We honestly don't really do the whole gifting thing between the wife and me
                        We do some for our daughter and our syblings
                        We have young syblings (like I have an 8 year old brother lol)

And i 100% agree with Jen and colaberra

We are more about the "traditions"
                        The family time and the religious meaning for us

Awe hell and the food lol
                        We some southerners so we be eating now
                        I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
                        I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Nothing I need. ..but I always have wants. ..lol. which I'll usually buy myself.

I think my wife and I set a $100 limit for each other, and we're going to get a concept 2 rower for the house. But, I'm excited to buy for our daughter. She'll understand it more this year, compared to last. ...sorta..haha
                          2005 HOA Natural Classic
                          2006 OCB Midwest
                          2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                          2008 HOA Natural Classic
                          NPC Mid-Illinois
                          NPC Midwest Open
                          NPC Natural Grand Prix
                          2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                          USPA Illinois State
                          NGA Heart of America
                          NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Originally posted by Collabera View Post
                            I started balding around 20 but didn't realize it till maybe 22. After years of freaking out over my hairline I finally grew a spectacular beard and shaved my head. Best decision I have ever made.

I like the Gibs man scaper beard oil. Smells great and doesn't make my skin under my beard break out at all. Most other oils have.
                            We could be brothers, except I'm a fat gingerbeard. I have been shaving my head for some time now as well. I like Brooklyn Grooming's Red Hook beard oil. It's just obnoxious how expensive beard oil is. I know that they make it for probably less than $5 and sell it for $30.
                            The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Originally posted by sampsellta View Post
                              We could be brothers, except I'm a fat gingerbeard. I have been shaving my head for some time now as well. I like Brooklyn Grooming's Red Hook beard oil. It's just obnoxious how expensive beard oil is. I know that they make it for probably less than $5 and sell it for $30.
                              We Very well could be. I'm a fatty most of the time if I'm not working with Skip.
                              Not to get too far off on the threads topic but I am fortunate to have had the same barber for maybe 6-7 years who I knew in high school. He lets me use his discount at the professional salon stores so I get the Gibs beard oil for maybe $10. He also got me a professional trimmer that is normally close to $200 for $40. On the days I don't feel like taking a razor to my head, I can use that trimmer and it takes my hair down to practically nothing.

I think the Gibs without a discount is about $18. And I've used some of the pricier options and cannot tell the difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X