Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to shooting range today with my 18 year old daughter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to shooting range today with my 18 year old daughter...

Had a great time with my daughter today, been many times with her. She shot a 9mm with a laser and also a .45 full size. I don't know about you guys, but I will not let my daughter be a news story, or a one hour episode on Investigation Discovery of a woman who get's raped and murdered. If some dumb SOB decides he is gonna break into my house, while she is the only one home, that bastard is going out in a body bag. Period.

My wife and I have CCW and I carry everywhere - she does around the Holidays or when something weird is going on and wants the added security.

All of our kids shoot with us all the way down to my youngest who was 8 when she was shooting my wife's Sig .380. All but my youngest shoots the AR, as well. I feel it is incredibly important for kids to understand the power of firearms and how to responsibly handle them and be used to being around them.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Amen! You grow up with them, you respect them. I don't have a daughter but if I did I would do the same thing.
      "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
      ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
        My wife and I have CCW and I carry everywhere - she does around the Holidays or when something weird is going on and wants the added security.

All of our kids shoot with us all the way down to my youngest who was 8 when she was shooting my wife's Sig .380. All but my youngest shoots the AR, as well. I feel it is incredibly important for kids to understand the power of firearms and how to responsibly handle them and be used to being around them.

Skip
        P238? If so, great gun. I don't need to holster it because it's small enough to fit in my jean pockets, but it still fits well in my large hands.
        The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Girls with guns are hot as hell.

NICE.

Comment

Doug and Skip, I have a lot of respect for the way you are both handling guns (and more importantly self defence) with your children.

I live in England where you cannot legaly possess a gun, a law with doesnt stop shootings or armed robberies. Sadly, my government would rather allow rape to occur than facilitate women defending themselves.

mad respect to you both.

Comment

Kansas has constitution carry. Don't need none of that CCW License here. Just stick that gun in your pants and go on with your business.

Kansas sucks for everything else, but we win there.
              Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
              FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
              www.316fit.com
              Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Keeptrying View Post
                Doug and Skip, I have a lot of respect for the way you are both handling guns (and more importantly self defence) with your children.

I live in England where you cannot legaly possess a gun, a law with doesnt stop shootings or armed robberies. Sadly, my government would rather allow rape to occur than facilitate women defending themselves.

mad respect to you both.
                If our govt. had a choice, we would not be much different.

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                  Kansas has constitution carry. Don't need none of that CCW License here. Just stick that gun in your pants and go on with your business.

Kansas sucks for everything else, but we win there.
                  Oh that's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                    Amen! You grow up with them, you respect them. I don't have a daughter but if I did I would do the same thing.
                    Thanks, lmao, I just noticed what you(?) are holding in your avatar!!

Lol, I never noticed that before. Can you blame me for not noticing it? lol

Comment

Good to see you educating your children. As a cop we have that saying "When seconds count, we're only minutes away."

Australia has a very different culture to America but what does not change is that the major victims of non drug / alcohol related violence are women and children.

As someone big and ugly enough not to be targeted I, like most men, walk around feeling safe whilst women, who have far less ability to defend themselves have to think about where they go for a walk by themselves, where they park when shopping or at work, where they stop on the way home to grab extra milk.

Any form of defense education is vital and those that ignore it are victims waiting to happen.

Good job to anyone keeping themselves and family safe cause all we cops can do is try find your attacker and tell your parents the bad news.
                      "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                      Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                      'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                      ~William Bernbach

Comment

Originally posted by SAHD View Post
                        Good to see you educating your children. As a cop we have that saying "When seconds count, we're only minutes away."

Australia has a very different culture to America but what does not change is that the major victims of non drug / alcohol related violence are women and children.

As someone big and ugly enough not to be targeted I, like most men, walk around feeling safe whilst women, who have far less ability to defend themselves have to think about where they go for a walk by themselves, where they park when shopping or at work, where they stop on the way home to grab extra milk.

Any form of defense education is vital and those that ignore it are victims waiting to happen.

Good job to anyone keeping themselves and family safe cause all we cops can do is try find your attacker and tell your parents the bad news.
                        Amen, good post. The targets are often women, since they are easier to subdue. More women need to be aware of their surroundings, not stuck with head in phone. Plan ahead a little on shopping, go in the daytime if possible, etc.

Comment

Believe it or not, I'm in favor of teaching kids to shoot at a young age.
                          1) It's fun as fuck.
                          2) If you keep things away from kids that they're curious about, they'll just end up fascinated and obsessed about it as adults. Me, for example.
                          3) It's fun as fuck.
                          4) Guns are so ubiquitous in the US that I think teaching kids to handle them safely and responsibly is very important.
                          5) Fun.
                          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                          kind of a douche

Comment

I here u man
                            I was trusted with a gun by my father before I was trusted to drive

I was raised on a huge farm (where I still live)
                            He always instilled in me
                            This is serious shit you got here in your hands
                            Don't ever point that shit at something u don't want a hole in

And my dad always instilled in me this is a right you have to posses this
                            This

And I'd sooner be caught drunk than caught handling a firearm inappropriately by my father
                            My brothers and I all are gun lovers and owners
                            And I intend to be for life
                            I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
                            I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Great posts guys! Thanks.

I just want women to be able to defend themselves, if they have to. I have never harmed a woman, nor will I ever. Not everyone is like us, clearly.

Nothing else is an equalizer between a 120 pound female and a 200 pound plus, aggressive male.

These stalker men, or disgruntled ex husbands/lovers, the law is not on their side. The firearm is really the only thing, at the end of the day, that matters.

Comment

Working...
                              X