My favorite time of the year.... College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite time of the year.... College Football

College football has started. Hands down my favorite time of the year.

As an Oregon Ducks fan last year was tough. To dominate the defending national champions in the inaugural college football playoff just to get dominated in the national championship was brutal. At least we had a Heisman trophy winner and won a Rose Bowl. Still, it was hard to watch Oregon play so badly on the biggest stage after multiple serious injuries in the final weeks of the season.

I'm a way bigger fan of college football than I am of the NFL. In fact, I've been asked the question, "what would you rather have, an Oregon Ducks national championship or multiple Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl wins?" The answer to that is just one Oregon Ducks national championship. Easy.

That's a little insight to my passion for college football. Any other big fans of college football and what teams are you a fan of?

Trash talk is welcome here

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
    *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
    •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
    *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Wonder if sammich got his orange and white out and ready for some vols football??
    I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
    I too like to live dangerously

Comment

An SEC team I actually like...

*2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
      *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Also a huge college football fan. I do love the NFL but for me college is way better.

I am fan of Miami Hurricanes and Oregon Ducks

Then each week the teams I root for rotate depending upon who I wager on, hahaha. I also enjoy following teams like TCU, UCF, Rice, Utah. Big fan of the Pac 12 conference and the SEC

Yes, you are correct about last year. I watched every Ducks game and seeing them not perform well against the team I loathe so much really sucked. Once the game got out of hand I really got pissed as I realized that Ohio St is going to be even better this year. They are going to waltz thru the Big 10 with only 1 test, being Michigan St.

BYU/Nebraska looking like a barnburner finish right now. Bunch of great games still to be played tonight
        "You need never feel broken again"

Comment

I'm watching the BYU Nebraska game as well. Currently 27-28 Nebraska with 7:57 left.

If you followed the Ducks like I have my entire life living in the Pacific Northwest you know that life hadn't always been easy as a Ducks fan. What made last year even harder was knowing we also lost to Ohio St. in the Rose Bowl back in 2011 I believe. (My favorite uniforms ever in the Rose Bowl btw.)

I like Miami but admit that I don't follow the ACC all that much. I only hate one Florida team and that's Florida State. Would be nice to seem Miami win that one this year.

Fortunately we are in the Playoff Era and Ohio States schedule might hurt them regardless of going undefeated. Still, they will end up in the Final Four and likely win again.

Comment

Yeah that 2010 Rose Bowl was brutal as well. Masoli couldn't do a damn thing and Pryor dominated. Once Darron Thomas took over the scene the next year the offense went from really good to absolutely insane, hahaha

I grew up on the east coast and while I paid attention to all of college football I did not start following the west coast teams in depth until I moved to AZ in 2000, thats when I began following the Ducks. Certainly nothing like growing up in that region. It really sucks Tyner is down for the season but what concerns me the most this year is all the holes they have to fill on Defense.

Yeah with the talent Ohio St has returning and Urban Meyer as coach they are going to be tough to beat. A top SEC team can certainly beat them in a 1 game playoff scenario so let us hope, hahaha
            "You need never feel broken again"

Comment

I loved that Masoli team though! Incredible Civil War that year and I believe we beat USC at Autzen on Halloween as well. Oh and the triple overtime game against Arizona!

Tyner being out is upsetting but it paves the way for Freeman to be the work horse that he is and be on Heisman watch.

What a finish between BYU and Nebraska. Hail Mary!
              Last edited by Collabera; 09-05-2015, 10:34 PM.

Comment

My favorite time is fall. I do lawn care in Florida, for 25 years. Always ready for cool weather. BTW, gobal warming is total hogwash. The hottest years were back in the area of '99-'02.... Long time since then.

Comment

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/the-...ball-fan-bases

This is gold. Sarcasm at its finest.

Comment

I agree about the time of the year but ... I couldn't care less about football. lol I just want to ride motorcycles with the cool breeze and a light jacket. Fall in Colorado is gorgeous.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                    Instagram: @intensemuscle
                    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                      I agree about the time of the year but ... I couldn't care less about football. lol I just want to ride motorcycles with the cool breeze and a light jacket. Fall in Colorado is gorgeous.

Skip
                      But you like baseball? That's backwards to me lol I like baseball but it doesn't come close to football. Especially college. I grew up in Oregon. There is only one professional sports team and that's the Trailblazers. Portland Timbers soccer doesn't count. So, college sports there are huge! Just as passionate as Alabama fans. The Civil War (Ducks vs Beavers) is actually the oldest rivalry in college football.

As far as Fall weather, I love it. The leaves falling and the temperature is great. But, depending on the year it can be very wet here in the Pacific Northwest. It's also dark and gloomy. If you have seasonal depression it really sucks here. I like it better than our summers though. We aren't used to the heat for 2-3 months when the rest of the year is mostly in the 30s to 50s. I guess Colorado could say the same thing.

Comment

Skip
                        Same here. I use to be a big football fan, well, a Dan Marino fan back in the day, watched a lot as a kid. Played baseball through HS. Use to watch a lot of baseball during that time as well.

These games take a long time, lot of commercials. Only so many hours in the day, weekend. I usually train on both Saturday and Sunday. Not much volume anymore, but use to a few years ago.

Comment

I DVR baseball games so that I can save the time of the commercials.

I will watch the Broncos but not as much because I give a fuck if they win as much as it is time to get together with friends and an excuse to hang out and eat and have a good time.

I am not at all a basketball fan and only sometimes will watch hockey. I absolutely love baseball, though. Just tonight my son and I were building his custom All Star catcher's gear for next season.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: @intensemuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I DVR baseball games so that I can save the time of the commercials.

I will watch the Broncos but not as much because I give a fuck if they win as much as it is time to get together with friends and an excuse to hang out and eat and have a good time.

I am not at all a basketball fan and only sometimes will watch hockey. I absolutely love baseball, though. Just tonight my son and I were building his custom All Star catcher's gear for next season.

Skip
                            Oh I don't like hockey either. I can't find the puck half the time and it reminds me of soccer on ice. But I love basketball! We are still slightly upset here in Washington the SuperSonics were taken from us. Luckily I am from Portland so we have the TrailBlazers.

I am having a hard time deciding if I want to change my day of the week I do my Skiploads. Do I want to eat for college football on Saturdays or NFL football on Sunday's? Decisions....

How's your son been doing in baseball? I miss those days.

Comment

Originally posted by Collabera View Post
                              Oh I don't like hockey either. I can't find the puck half the time and it reminds me of soccer on ice. But I love basketball! We are still slightly upset here in Washington the SuperSonics were taken from us. Luckily I am from Portland so we have the TrailBlazers.

I am having a hard time deciding if I want to change my day of the week I do my Skiploads. Do I want to eat for college football on Saturdays or NFL football on Sunday's? Decisions....

How's your son been doing in baseball? I miss those days.
                              I hated hockey, for my entire life, I grew up in Florida. Then, this last season the lightning, were in the playoffs, really got into it. Won't watch a single lighting game in the regular season next year. lmao

Comment

Working...
                              X