Forced time off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced time off

So, I've been progressing SO well lately.
    Finished 2, 6 week blasts of fortitude and have grown so well, strength and size wise.
    Monday morning after work I went to help my Captain cut down 4 dead trees at his house.
    All was going great.
    On the 4th on the tree started to fall, got hung up on a branch of another tree, bound my chainsaw, and kicked back at me right into my leg.
    Right below my knee.
    Had surgery that night on it.
    I got into the bone, but missed my mcl, patella, and all the other important stuff my millimeters.
    Now I'm laid up, in pain, and no gym.
    I feel like a dip shit it happen and am going crazy Already sitting around.
    I was doing so well in the gym lately man.
    Makes me sick!

I'd post a pic of the injury but it's pretty bad and some folks probably wouldn't appreciate it.

Sorry for the bitch session, just going crazy here.

Sorry to hear. I feel you. No good deed goes unpunished. Wishing you a speedy recovery. You will surpass your precious numbers.
    Can you work your upper body?
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

The surgeon said as soon as I can tolerate it I can do upper body.
      But it's my right leg, so I have to be able to drive and as of now I can't support any weight on it our bend it at all.
      So it may be a bit before I am hitting the upper body also.

But thanks for the encouragement, I can't wait to get back after it!
      Also can't wait to get off the pain meds.

Comment

Spent last 2 days back in the hospital.
        Got an infection in the leg.
        Back home as of now.
        On stronger oral antibiotics now, hopefully they do they're job or it'll be another surgery.
        I'm going so freaking nuts sitting around already.
        I just want to get back to lifting and working and running around with my kids.!!

When I feel up to it, is there any issues with training while being on antibiotics?
        I mean I won't be training fortitude like I was our hitting it hard, but would be nice to get some blood moving here within the next week maybe.

Also, any suggestions on helping the healing process and infection? Trying to keep calories a bit higher, not sure if this is what I should be doing or not.
        Any help is appreciated.
        I can't stand this sitting around crap!

Comment

Sorry to hear about all your problems. I sympathize (and empathize).

There is absolutely no problem training while on antibiotics. I think light activity can only help to heal. And keeping your calories high is smart, too. As long as you're focusing on healthy food, you're flooding your body with the proper fuel to help repair your body and power your immune system.

The only caveat would be not to REALLY kill it in the gym. Heavy, intense training does temporarily suppress your immune system, but lighter activity enhances it. Just stay away from failure and make sure to leave plenty of gas in the tank when you're finished.
          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
          kind of a douche

Comment

Thanks Sammich for the info and kind words.
            I'll continue with the higher (good) calories and hope for the best.
            Hoping maybe within the week to get in some light upper body training.
            I just hope my damn legs don't shrink and atrophy too bad.
            They've also been a weak part, but finally starting growing a bit on fortitude.
            I'm just driving myself nuts I think.

Comment

Originally posted by fireguy10720 View Post
              Thanks Sammich for the info and kind words.
              I'll continue with the higher (good) calories and hope for the best.
              Hoping maybe within the week to get in some light upper body training.
              I just hope my damn legs don't shrink and atrophy too bad.
              They've also been a weak part, but finally starting growing a bit on fortitude.
              I'm just driving myself nuts I think.
              For what it's worth, I'm kind of in the same boat as you right now. I had knee surgery about 5 weeks ago, and had some complications, so I was essentially not using those thigh muscles at *all* for a month. Atrophy has been minimal; I'm not sure there even was any -- and I've been eating horribly, too. It takes at least 2-3 months for real atrophy to set in, and since you're eating very well, I don't think you have to worry.

Besides, even if you do experience some atrophy, the muscle size and strength will come back FAST when you get healed and start back at lifting.
              kind of a douche

Comment

Thanks for the words brother.
                It helps ease the mind a bit .
                Just having a hard time not being able to do anything on my own.
                Can't even get in and out of the shower solo right now and I'm having a hard time being so worthless.
                I'm the guy that shows up when people call for help. Now I'm helpless!

Comment

Originally posted by fireguy10720 View Post
                  Thanks for the words brother.
                  It helps ease the mind a bit .
                  Just having a hard time not being able to do anything on my own.
                  Can't even get in and out of the shower solo right now and I'm having a hard time being so worthless.
                  I'm the guy that shows up when people call for help. Now I'm helpless!
                  I feel you; that frustration of having so much difficulty just moving sucks ASS. I wish I had some advice to give you about how to deal with it, but I whined and bitched about it to people like a little baby, so that's not much help. :o
                  kind of a douche

Comment

Well I guess it makes me feel a tad bit better knowing I'm not the only one whining and bitching then.

Just can't wait to get back to training, as I'm sure you can't either.
                    Good luck with your healing process as well my man.

Comment

I've been in the hospital for over 3 weeks now... Sometimes you just gotta take your lumps
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                        I've been in the hospital for over 3 weeks now... Sometimes you just gotta take your lumps

I guess I've got nothing to complain about compared to what you're dealing with mental.
                        But when you go from the type of lifestyle we're used to, to this, it's not easy.
                        Hang in there buddy!

Comment

Well I've spent the longest stretch (2 days) at home since I sliced open my leg.
                          Seem to be keeping the infection at bay so far.
                          I'd really like to head to my garage in the next day or two for some light dumbell workouts to get some blood moving.
                          We'll see what tomorrow brings.
                          Still can't put much of any weight on my leg as it hurts like hell!!
                          See what happens

Comment

I just got back from vacation and am just now seeing this. I thought I saw something on FB that your wife referenced you "coming home" and wondered what she meant but she didn't elaborate.

I hope you recover quickly and sorry to hear about this.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                            Instagram: @intensemuscle
                            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                              I just got back from vacation and am just now seeing this. I thought I saw something on FB that your wife referenced you "coming home" and wondered what she meant but she didn't elaborate.

I hope you recover quickly and sorry to hear about this.

Skip
                              Thanks buddy!
                              Been a long painful week. Going NUTS sitting around the house. Feel pretty worthless!
                              I've got some good pictures on my phone I can send you if your stomach is up for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X