Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump leads....

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-national-poll

Media coverage of Donald Trump's controversial immigration remarks have lifted the GOP presidential candidate to the top of the Republican field, according to a new Economist/YouGov poll.

Trump was the preferred GOP nominee for president for 15 percent of respondents — 4 points ahead of former Gov. Jeb Bush (Fla.) and Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.), who were tied for second place.

Gov. Scott Walker (Wis.), Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.) and former Gov. Mike Huckabee (Ark.) shared the third spot with 9 percent each.

In addition to being the first choice for the majority of likely voters who participated in the poll, Trump was also the primary second choice for those who preferred another candidate as their nominee.
    12 percent of respondents said Trump was second in line for their vote, while only 7 percent picked either Bush or Paul as their safety candidate.

While Trump may be on top this week, registered Republican voters gave him a very weak chance of holding on to that spot in the long run.

The vast majority of respondents — 29 percent — said they believed Jeb Bush would ultimately claim the GOP presidential nomination. Only 7 percent said the same about Trump.

Unlike other polling companies, YouGov relies on a preselected pool of registered voters from which it pulls respondents at random.

Though this methodology has been called into question by some, the results of this poll are in line with other surveys, including one from the left-leaning Public Policy Polling, which gave Trump a comfortable lead in North Carolina.

I read an article today saying how the GOP is trying to get him to fuck off because he's giving the Republican party such a God-awful image. But on the other hand, he makes every other Republican candidate look like Ghandi by comparison.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
      I read an article today saying how the GOP is trying to get him to fuck off because he's giving the Republican party such a God-awful image. But on the other hand, he makes every other Republican candidate look like Ghandi by comparison.
      fantastic analogy lol
      The promotion of the training methods used by drug-assisted and genetically giften men wreaks havoc, despite these men being presented as demigods in the bodybuilding world. Sure they have inspired millions, but at the same time they have misled millions; and their "intruction" has robbed millions of people of the best training years of their lives.
      -Stuart McRobert

Comment

lol, like Ghandi, haha. The others want him off because he is a real threat. He's not your typical shady, spineless politician, talking out of both sides of his mouth that we have been getting for so long from all the members of congress.

Comment

People attack Trump with all sorts of personal attacks but rarely have I heard anyone address his substance. He is a bit of a brute, and his past has rendered him a joke in some circles, but compared to the rest of the wishy-washy fake-ass politicians in the mix, in reality he should be taken more seriously than most of them. And at least its someone other than a Bush or a Clinton....as if there are just 2 American families capable of producing presidential leadership.
          Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
            People attack Trump with all sorts of personal attacks but rarely have I heard anyone address his substance. He is a bit of a brute, and his past has rendered him a joke in some circles, but compared to the rest of the wishy-washy fake-ass politicians in the mix, in reality he should be taken more seriously than most of them. And at least its someone other than a Bush or a Clinton....as if there are just 2 American families capable of producing presidential leadership.
            Good post, since my initial post, he has gained more ground on the others and is getting more popular by the day.

Comment

Originally posted by doug1 View Post
              Good post, since my initial post, he has gained more ground on the others and is getting more popular by the day.
              For what it's worth, I think Ted Cruz is the best candidate on either side for a myriad of reasons, but at the same time I think Trump takes on a lot of unsubstantiated attacks and it's unfair. He isn't half the joke Joe Biden is, yet when was the last time anyone has heard anything about Joe, period? It's as if he's in hiding under a rock somewhere until he pops up to run for president, out of fear of saying something idiotic leading up to his run.
              Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
                For what it's worth, I think Ted Cruz is the best candidate on either side for a myriad of reasons, but at the same time I think Trump takes on a lot of unsubstantiated attacks and it's unfair. He isn't half the joke Joe Biden is, yet when was the last time anyone has heard anything about Joe, period? It's as if he's in hiding under a rock somewhere until he pops up to run for president, out of fear of saying something idiotic leading up to his run.
                lol, Joe is known for his "statements"!!
                Cruz has some good ideas, but I think someone from outside the washington mainstream is what America wants, we are all sick of everyone up there, both sides of the isle....

Comment

lol, Joe is known for his "statements"!!
                  Cruz has some good ideas, but I think someone from outside the washington mainstream is what America wants, we are all sick of everyone up there, both sides of the isle....
                  He is definitely not mainstream Washington...if he was he'd fit in a lot better with the Republican leadership. But McConnel, Boehner and co. despise him and he's probably the biggest outsider in the GOP. He's fairly consistent with his views and will run on his vision, unlike most other GOP candidates who's respective visions change based on the age, nationality or race of whatever audience is in front of them.

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

My first problem with Trump isn't his message, but him. He's just a tremendously narcissistic, immature fool. But my real problem with Trump: He's the absolute textbook definition of a demagogue:

"...a political leader in a democracy who appeals to the emotions, fears, prejudices, and ignorance of the lower socioeconomic classes in order to gain power and promote political motives. Demagogues usually oppose deliberation and advocate immediate, violent action to address a national crisis; they accuse moderate and thoughtful opponents of weakness."

They appeal the the very worst in us: fear, prejudice, ignorance. The worst thing about demagogues is when they do happen to reach power, very bad things tend to happen. Examples: Joseph McCarthy, Charles Coughlin, Huey Long, and the most infamous in history, whose name I'm willing to bet you know.

I think the US deserves better than the likes of him.
                    kind of a douche

Comment

I think that definition applies to some of our current ACTIVE politicians....especially with the way Race politics has been used over the last couple of years. On the other hand, with Trump, I do think the manner in which he goes about relaying his message is detrimental to his cause (at times), but to say that he's advocating violence, I don't see that. On the other hand, look at some of the riots that we've seen as of late, and the silent agreement from the highest levels of government.

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Pretty sure some of the major corporations he owns have filed for bankruptcy. Not sure how he expects to run a country if he can't run a budget minded organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                          My first problem with Trump isn't his message, but him. He's just a tremendously narcissistic, immature fool. But my real problem with Trump: He's the absolute textbook definition of a demagogue:

"...a political leader in a democracy who appeals to the emotions, fears, prejudices, and ignorance of the lower socioeconomic classes in order to gain power and promote political motives. Demagogues usually oppose deliberation and advocate immediate, violent action to address a national crisis; they accuse moderate and thoughtful opponents of weakness."

They appeal the the very worst in us: fear, prejudice, ignorance. The worst thing about demagogues is when they do happen to reach power, very bad things tend to happen. Examples: Joseph McCarthy, Charles Coughlin, Huey Long, and the most infamous in history, whose name I'm willing to bet you know.

I think the US deserves better than the likes of him.
                          So he is a conservative, badass version of Obama! lmao

Comment

So he is a conservative, badass version of Obama! lmao
                            kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Touche' View Post
                              Pretty sure some of the major corporations he owns have filed for bankruptcy. Not sure how he expects to run a country if he can't run a budget minded organization.
                              This is a joke, right? So you don't get to be in the running for President unless each and every one of your business ventures is profitable? How about a candidate like Obama, with ZERO successful business ventures, how does that rank as far as presidentiality goes? Shit, most of the politicians have seen no success in the private sector, let alone even ran a hot dog stand.

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Working...
                              X