Wrong house hit cardio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong house hit cardio

So I'm not long home from a walk tonight, still wearing my trainers and there is a couple of really loud aggressive bangs on my front door.

I am 2 meters away and open it and someone is running hard away from my house. My well trained American Staffy comes running in so I open the door.

She takes one step outside and her nose hits the ground, there is a pause as she focusses, stares down the street and her body tenses. "Get it" I say and we are off. It is pitch dark 8pm, winter.

150m away and she is way in front of me running 3/4 speed nose to the ground and turns hard right into a yard. The bushes explode as 3 guys come running out onto the road. She is snarling and barking. I get there 2 and they have not seen me so I grab the biggest and yell "Get on the ground".

All three dive on the ground. I then realize they are kids about 16 years old. I say "who was it?" and two kids point to the third. He says "it was me". My dog is still snarling so I tell her to sit and stay. Then I say "Didn't count on this did you?" He looks like he is about to cry.

Some neighbors come out to see if everything is OK and I ID myself. They all know the copper that lives in the street.

My oldest son comes running with some torches and a phone and I ring work who confirm the kids have never been in any trouble before. Details confirmed.

I help them up cause they look like they are about to be sick. They thank me for not killing them and we shake hands and I tell them it's all good, have a good night and choose something other than a knock and run for fun.

WRONG HOUSE HIT CARDIO - Best cardio I have done in a while.
    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
    ~William Bernbach

Nicky Nicky Nine Doors. I just got hit with some nostalgia. Your story is a classic example of how kids don't think. When we did it as kids we never thought the owner might be law enforcement or that they might have a dog.

Comment

At least you didn't shoot them......

Comment

Haha, good story, you got balls running after 3 people into the dark like that.

Comment

Frank - I know my cousins once did this and also my nephews. When I found my nephews had been doing it I sent a car over to my sisters house to "pick them up and take them to the station" - wink wink. They dropped my name straight away and got a "warning".

Skinny and Doug- Tend not to shoot too many people here. My guns were a few meters away but I suspected it was kids as it is school holidays and a bit of this can go on. When I heard the running after I open the door I said to the wife "We just got a knock and run for fun".

In the back of you're mind you do still entertain the possibility that you've been targeted cause you're a copper hence letting the dog be well ahead in case it is a real attempt to draw me out alone. If real shit had started going down I am sure the wife and son would have gunned up and come to the rescue.
          "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
          Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
          'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
          ~William Bernbach

Comment

Working...
          X