Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happening right in my own town. Olympia, Wa Police Shooting

http://www.king5.com/story/news/2015...ting/27702201/

I shop at the Safeway the crime happened at on a daily basis. The shooting took place 300 yards away from my place. 100 yards from my former high school. I know people who know the kids who stole the beer.

It's sad to see my home being torn between those who support the protestors and those who support the police department. I love this place. I have our town logo tattooed on my arm for god sake. This is the home of Olympia beer.

In other situations in the country like Fergoson and Baltimore I've sided with the protestors. Not what they did during protest but what thy stood for because those are disenfranchised communities where there is prejudice against African Americans. But this is Olympia, Wa. The Capital of Washington state. We are in no way a lower income community and our population of African Americans is only 2%. I'm upset that the people protesting can't recognize that this is not a race issue.

I am trying to see both sides of the situation as best as I can. Like I have with other problems our country has faced recently. But I can't with this one. You don't try to steal beer, you don't run from the police, and you don't try to attack a person, let alone a police officer with a skateboard. And for those who think a skateboard is not a weapon, look up what being "trucked" is on YouTube and you will see what happens when you get hit with a skateboard.

Those guys got what they deserved and I stand with the local police department. Those guys are lucky to be alive.

One last thing, half the protestors are just local college kids who couldn't care less about the issue but want to "be apart of something". It's like a bandwagon Seahawks fan around here. I have friends who were there downtown watching the protest and say they only saw maybe 5 or 6 African Americans and the rest of the protestors are white. And of them, they are all the hippies of our town. And we have a lot of them.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
    *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
    •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
    *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

It is funny how we tend to view things happening from a far, vs. in our backyards - and I don't mean funny as in "haha".

Race is injected into everything and it always has been. Blaming the cops is easy but there are many more underlying problems in minority communities that are far worse than the cops. I admit to getting tired of the excuses but you know what is worse even than that?

College kids. A lot of college kids are dumber than most criminals. At least the criminals aren't fooled into thinking they are smart.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I agree. And I am trying to view this as impartial as I can. It is interesting how we can view things in our backyard different than afar. Whether it's race, religion, politics or whatever subject I try to be impartial and see both sides.

We have The Evergreen State College here in Olympia. It's one of the top art schools in the country but it brings a lot of "hippies". And I don't mean just plain liberals. I mean full on hippies in every sense of the word. And they are the college kids. And they are really really dumb. They are also the only protestors right now.

*2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
      *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2230202

RANT WARNING: When the criminals win there are no protests. Although I have seen numerous msg board comments about how it was the cops fault for chasing him. I guess they should have let him go? Also, that he had the right to defend himself because he was innocent until proven guilty. (Apparently they feel there is no need for a courtroom, lawyers, judge and jury....just shoot it out cuz you haven't been proven guilty?) BTW this is white vs. black. Where is the media and outrage? I will tell you where they are, off looking for a better story to inflame the masses and drive up views. I am seriously concerned about the future of our nation. Where thugs, criminals, and pimps are considered "cool" and simple law abiding citizens are trending down, ugh...where do we go from here.
        Last edited by Swaminator; 05-23-2015, 02:50 AM.
        Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

There seems to be way too much of this going on lately. Maybe it's not happening more than usual, but the media is reporting it more cause it's the hot topic.

In the last month, we have had a police shooting with protest following and a few weeks earlier we had a school shooting as well.

Comment

Part of the issue is that these shitheads are afraid to take an asswhooping. So quick to pull the steel and shoot at someone instead of putting up their dukes. A large part of this is due to the influence of pop culture (gangster and drug movies, certain music, etc).

Honestly I find this shit to be weak as fuck.

J
            "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
              College kids. A lot of college kids are dumber than most criminals. At least the criminals aren't fooled into thinking they are smart.

Skip
              Case in point:

http://www.weaselzippers.us/224390-u...egate-scandal/

Comment

dude thers a lot of civil unrest and violence going aroudn the entire nation. i imagine it would just spread more because of economy issues. be safe guys.

also need to buy a gun

Comment

Working...
                X