Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl from England dies from DNP

http://q13fox.com/2015/04/21/mom-say...ng-diet-pills/

Sad story. Hope though it spreads awareness of just how bad of an idea it is to use this drug. Even in "normal" doses.

A little irresponsible for the site to label it as a "diet pill" on the title. When I first opened it I thought it was going to be about hydroxycut or some other caffeine and green tea pill. When I discovered it was suspected to be DNP I said that makes more sense.

I found a few more articles on the net that do say it definitely was DNP.

You would think that wherever she got it from would make it very clear not to go above the recommended dose. Which they probably did. The girl most likely ignored those warnings, thinking that more was better/faster.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
    *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
    •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
    *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

i am not familiar with dnp but i do know a friend who takes it and tells me its rat poison. all i know is it bumps thermal burn by 20%? aka your maintenance shoots up 20%? jesus

what causes the death from DNP?

Comment

Only heard about DNP a few weeks ago via the web. Most reviews say it is terrible stuff.
      "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
      Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
      'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
      ~William Bernbach

Comment

It may not have been directly her fault. It could have been mislabeled, misdosed, etc.. The shit is just not worth it.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by greensoup View Post
          i am not familiar with dnp but i do know a friend who takes it and tells me its rat poison. all i know is it bumps thermal burn by 20%? aka your maintenance shoots up 20%? jesus

what causes the death from DNP?
          "DNP acts as a protonophore, allowing protons to leak across the inner mitochondrial membrane and thus bypass ATP synthase. This makes ATP energy production less efficient. In effect, part of the energy that is normally produced from cellular respiration is wasted as heat"

"The factor that limits ever-increasing doses of DNP is not a lack of ATP energy production, but rather an excessive rise in body temperature due to the heat produced during uncoupling (of oxidative phosphorylation). Accordingly, DNP overdose will cause fatal hyperthermia, with body temperature rising to as high as 44 °C (111 °F) shortly before death."
          The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Basically it cooks you from the inside out.
            -KidRok-
            "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
            5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

I agree that it was likely mislabeled or even in the product with other ingredients.

I am not sure who you would find responsible for this? The maker of the product which we are assuming failed to warn her of the dangers of going over the recommended dose or the girl for taking more than recommended?

Either way it's nowhere near worth using.

*2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
              *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Collabera View Post
                I am not sure who you would find responsible for this? The maker of the product which we are assuming failed to warn her of the dangers of going over the recommended dose or the girl for taking more than recommended?

Either way it's nowhere near worth using.
                If it was illegal or unregulated (it just said purchased online...), I guess buyer beware. It's a big risk for sure.
                2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
                2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
                2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
                2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
                2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
                2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

I'm scared shitless of T3. DNP makes T3 look like candy corn.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
                    If it was illegal or unregulated (it just said purchased online...), I guess buyer beware. It's a big risk for sure.
                    Exactly... Then she goes ahead and on the first dose does not 1,2,3 but 8 pills. I feel sorry for the parents, but that's about as far as it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Syndicate View Post
                      Exactly... Then she goes ahead and on the first dose does not 1,2,3 but 8 pills. I feel sorry for the parents, but that's about as far as it goes.
                      Did you find another article that said she took that much? Or did I miss that in the one I posted above?

Comment

Theres gotta be some asshole friend who put her up to this.

I dont know many girls that trust pills to lose weight, instead they just starve themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Calipso View Post
                          Theres gotta be some asshole friend who put her up to this.

I dont know many girls that trust pills to lose weight, instead they just starve themselves.
                          I work at Gnc. I sell a ridiculous amount of hydroxycut and sst "fat burners" to young adult women all the time. I even sell them to teens whose parents buy it for them. Everyone wants that quick fix without the diet and exercise and they tell me all the time they just take it and also don't eat because they reduce appetite. But yes, a lot of girls just stick to barely eating.

Disclaimer: I never tell these people to do this lol I obviously make recommendations for protein intake and exercise before I sell them this stuff but they insist on "fat burners" most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Collabera View Post
                            Did you find another article that said she took that much? Or did I miss that in the one I posted above?
                            http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-10191308.html

The article I read was from the UK; I find that they "usually" still report the whole news story. :poking:

Comment

Originally posted by sampsellta View Post
                              "DNP acts as a protonophore, allowing protons to leak across the inner mitochondrial membrane and thus bypass ATP synthase. This makes ATP energy production less efficient. In effect, part of the energy that is normally produced from cellular respiration is wasted as heat"

"The factor that limits ever-increasing doses of DNP is not a lack of ATP energy production, but rather an excessive rise in body temperature due to the heat produced during uncoupling (of oxidative phosphorylation). Accordingly, DNP overdose will cause fatal hyperthermia, with body temperature rising to as high as 44 °C (111 °F) shortly before death."
                              wow science has gone too far.

for the people who do end up using it 'safely' , what do they do to keep safe? stay in a pool all day??

Comment

Working...
                              X